What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Booking flights now are tough. Many still show Boeing 737.... (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Has anyone booked a flight lately?

I saw last night that many still show the Boeing 737 (not sure if they are the Max or not).

If I were to book one of these 737s and they keep them grounded, I run the risk of them canceling the flight, correct?  Then I'm out of luck?

What are you doing to prevent this?

Has anyone booked a flight lately?

I saw last night that many still show the Boeing 737 (not sure if they are the Max or not).

If I were to book one of these 737s and they keep them grounded, I run the risk of them canceling the flight, correct?  Then I'm out of luck?

What are you doing to prevent this?
Imagine my chagrin when it was announced over the public address system that a recent flight of mine was on a Boeing 737. Fun.

There are a kajillion 737s still flying that dont have the max system. And no, nobody is going to have flights scheduled on grounded planes.

ETA: The problem is with the flight control system, not the plane itself. They installed it on 737s because it's the most heavily used plane in the world. The same thing would have happened if it was installed on any other plane.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a kajillion 737s still flying that dont have the max system. And no, nobody is going to have flights scheduled on grounded planes.

ETA: The problem is with the flight control system, not the plane itself. They installed it on 737s because it's the most heavily used plane in the world. The same thing would have happened if it was installed on any other plane.
Okay, so if I book a United flight tonight for October and it shows 737 Max...what will they do?

Will they still use the 737 Max?

Switch planes?

Cancel flight?

eoMMan said:
Okay, so if I book a United flight tonight for October and it shows 737 Max...what will they do?

Will they still use the 737 Max?

Switch planes?

Cancel flight?
It's indicating Max? There is no date for the grounding to be lifted, so nobody should be scheduling flights with those planes. If somebody is, I'd call them to confirm it's a mistake.

It's indicating Max? There is no date for the grounding to be lifted, so nobody should be scheduling flights with those planes. If somebody is, I'd call them to confirm it's a mistake.
Yeah, I could have swore it said 737 max for one of the United flights.

I don't know. Might just book Delta and be done with it.

🤣

There are more 737s in service than any other aircraft by far. Over 10,000 currently flying. So yea, you are gonna see a few on the schedule.

I fly on 737's weekly.  Only the MAX variant is grounded.  And some airlines are consolidating flights because of the grounded MAX's but I suspect that is mostly SW as they had the most MAX planes in service (maybe 30'ish?).

So don't fret about it.  But word of advice, United is a flaming disaster of an airline. I refuse to fly them.

Users who are viewing this thread