What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auction League: SuperFlex Keeper Help! Pick Two (1 Viewer)

ZackBussiere

Footballguy
Happy July Everyone!

Keepers for my league are due August 1st and I'm looking for some thoughts on my options. League information and options are listed below. 

League Info: 12 Team Auction League - $200 Budget - 2 Keepers

Scoring Settings: PPR - 4 pt Passing TD - 1 pt per 25 Passing Yards - -2 pts per interception

Starting Rosters: QB - 2RB - 3WR - TE - Flex - SuperFlex - D/ST - Kicker

My Keeper Options ($ amount listed is cost for this year)

Patrick Mahomes - $20

Jameis Winston - $12

Kerryon Johnson - $14

Tyler Boyd - $10

Keke Coutee - $10

My initial thought was to keep Mahomes and Johnson. However, I am now considering Winston for $12 to secure a solid base at QB. I like Boyd and Coutee but I don't think their value at $10 is on par with my other options. Essentially, it comes down to Johnson for $14 or Winston for $12 to pair with Mahomes. Which one would you take? 

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boyd has a good salary, but still too many question marks for me.  Not sure if last season was a fluke or a true breakout, and I don't love Dalton.  Coutee could be really good, but needs to show that he can stay healthy.  And while I think Jameis will be good under Arians, I LOVE Kerryon as the primary option in Detroit.  I think you gotta go with Mahomes and Johnson.

Please see mine:  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/777177-blockbuster-trade-advice-dynasty-league/

If there is no limit on how long you can keep them I'd keep Mahomes and Johnson. Great prices on those two for years to come. 

I would go with Mahomes and Johnson. I like Winston's weapons but with Mahomes you don't really need him. I like the upside of Johnson. Please see mine.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/777156-need-help-with-keepers/
It's a super flex so having two quality qb's is an advantage so keeping both qb's does have a lot of merit.

Not knowing the typical top RB prices makes it hard to see if Kerryon is a great value or not.  Mahomes is for sure one keeper and then the other would depend on what the qb options available would be in the auction.  

It's a super flex so having two quality qb's is an advantage so keeping both qb's does have a lot of merit.

Not knowing the typical top RB prices makes it hard to see if Kerryon is a great value or not.  Mahomes is for sure one keeper and then the other would depend on what the qb options available would be in the auction.  
Thanks for the response!

I won't know exactly who is an isnt available until our keeper deadline of August 1st, but based on last year's auction results I expect Brady, Watson, Rodgers, Newton, Wilson, Brees, Stafford, Garoppolo and Rivers to all be available plus some lesser options. Rivers would cost his owner $25 to keep and the others increase in price from there, up to $42 for Rodgers and Watson and $52 for Brady. 

RB wise, last year a low end RB2 went for around 14, a mid range for around 20 and a high end for 25-28, so Kerryon is valued at about what a low end RB2 would go for. 

Users who are viewing this thread