What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My wife just made the dumbest comment (1 Viewer)

kentric

Footballguy
I am leaving my current position for another job and my current employer asked me if I can recommend someone.  My job is in banking and has to do with Project Finance ("PF") deals in the United States.  I have a good friend who can do the work, but he has more of an Asset-backed Security ("ABS") background.  They told me they were looking for someone with a strong PF history.  

My wife had interviewed someone at her job and was impressed with him.  She forwarded me his resume and asked me to send it over to my current boss.  I look at the resume and this guy is has almost sole ABS experience.  So l told my wife that they are looking for PF.  She keeps pushing and pushing but l said I won't forward as they already killed the ABS background with my friend.

Her comeback on this is but this guy is Argentinian.  I mean.  WTF does his being Argentinian have to do with PF or anything related to this job?  Even she had to laugh when l called her out on it.

As a nominee for dumbest comment I put forward a cousin who upon meeting my sister's then fiancé and learning he was from Scotland asked him what language they speak in Scotland.

More generically I have always been fond of the question, when you have a visible cast "Did you have an accident?"  Well it damn skippy wasn't an "on purpose".

My wife has been mad at me for being mean to her IN A DREAM.  I think that’s pretty dumb.  (And yes, after 20 years now I just apologize and move on with my day)

As a nominee for dumbest comment I put forward a cousin who upon meeting my sister's then fiancé and learning he was from Scotland asked him what language they speak in Scotland.

More generically I have always been fond of the question, when you have a visible cast "Did you have an accident?"  Well it damn skippy wasn't an "on purpose".
I nominate the prosecutor who had a crime victim on the stand testifying against her attacker.  

Victim: “And that was when he tried to kill me.”

Lawyer: “Did he succeed?”

My wife has been mad at me for being mean to her IN A DREAM.  I think that’s pretty dumb.  (And yes, after 20 years now I just apologize and move on with my day)
Ha.  I get this too.  She's deeply hurt by something I said or did in her dream and wants me to cuddle her and tell her it's OK and that things aren't really like that.  Chicks, man.    

You actually told your wife she made a dumb comment?

That's dangerous territory my friend - better be more careful next time - if there is a next time.

You wouldn't think this was a dumb comment if you'd ever had an emergency 3am phone call with a co-worker with a Glasgow accent, where the two of you needed to troubleshoot a site outage and decide whether it was necessary to wake other people up.

Users who are viewing this thread