What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Jason Bateman's signature role? (1 Viewer)

Signature Role

• James Cooper Ingalls - Little House on the Prairie

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Derek Taylor - Silver Spoons

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Todd - Teen Wolf Too

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • David Hogan - Valerie

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Carl - Simon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pepper -Dodgeball

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Ray - Hancock

• Agent Zoil - Paul

• Micheal - Arrested Development

Votes: 95 73.6%
  • Nick - Zootopia

• Max - Game Night

• Marty - Ozark

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
I wasn't an arrested Development watcher so, until Ozark came around, I'd have said "Signature" :confused:  

It's Your Move

To me, he'll always be the kid from "It's Your Move", a classic '80s sitcom which sadly lasted only one season.
That's probably the one for me too. His smugness seems to be an innate ability he's always had, and has played perfectly into the roles he's gotten.

On a side note, I felt sure when I started watching BoJack Horseman that Mr. Peanutbutter was being voiced by Bateman - not only because it sounded like him both in terms of vocal signature but also in terms of cadence, phrasing, etc.,  but also because he and Arnett have a history of collaboration. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I actually watched the credits once (you know how you can skip that when binging on Netflix) and found Mr. Peanutbutter is actually voiced by Paul F. Tomkins.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first time I saw him in a movie (later in his career) I thought "huh, it's that bratty kid from Silver Spoons"  And I agree with D_House, he's made a living out of playing Jason Bateman.

Not sure why Horrible Bosses isn't on this list but my pick would still be Michael.

Big fan of this guy regardless.  His dry delivery much like Leslie Nielson cracks me up.  

(I see boilerdave beat me to it above.)

badmojo1006 said:
Cusack's. Joan can act.
Not disagreeing, but as I think of Joan's iconic role, it's one where we only see her range via her voice -- Jessie from Toy Story.

Outside of that, not sure I could say she's shown fantastic acting chops -- or even cite the major movie roles she's been in (though her stint as Geek Girl #1 in Sixteen Candles is a classic).

Not disagreeing, but as I think of Joan's iconic role, it's one where we only see her range via her voice -- Jessie from Toy Story.

Outside of that, not sure I could say she's shown fantastic acting chops -- or even cite the major movie roles she's been in (though her stint as Geek Girl #1 in Sixteen Candles is a classic).
In and Out and Addams Family Values she showed her chops. Looked pretty hot in Addams Family

School Of Rock, Working Girl down?

"Arrested Development" put him on the map. Before that, he was just another former child actor who was probably best known for being the brother of another former child actor.

She was incredible in Shameless - an all timer IMO

northern exposure said:
School Of Rock, Working Girl down?
Saw both movies, thought they were both great.

Until you mentioned them, I completely forgot Joan was in them.

Which in a way, is along the lines of my point -- not sure you can call those major roles if her impact was such that I have trouble recalling her being in them.

That may be more on me and my  poor memory. Not saying she's a poor actress -- far from it. While it's not a stellar, award-winning performance she was indeed solid in School of Rock, and good call @badMOJO on In and Out -- I never saw that and she has a leading role, so will need to to test my own opinion.

Yep. Ruled. Right up there with role models for under the radar really good comedies. 
This movie should have been trash....but if I come across it while I'm surfing I ALWAYS stop and finish watching it, wherever it may be in the run time:

"I didn't know Jews could sing like that!"
"No, no, they couldn't at the time. That's why they had to dress like clowns."
"You see, Ronnie? his #### is the gun!"

Michael Bluth easily IMO, although if Ozark continues another couple seasons I couldn’t fault anyone for picking that

When asked the question, Valerie / Hogan family comes to mind first, along with a visual of him in Arrested development. 

Users who are viewing this thread