Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timschochet

Democrats need to be unified- for now.

Recommended Posts

So this a polite message to Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, and the rest of their crowd: 

Shut the hell up. 

Just for now, just for the time being. Yes, you have real complaints and they deserve being addressed. But table them until after November of 2020. Keep your eyes on the prize. We may not love each other but we need to stick together until then. Afterwards, after we have achieved the main goal, then we can have all the struggle and turmoil you want. 

The nation is ready to vote for the Democrats. They want to vote for the Democrats. They don’t like what’s going on. But we need to show them that we can control ourselves. So listen to Pelosi for now, show her respect, and let us win next November. Then we’ll see. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh, tim...you realize you just took out a thread instructing people who will never even remotely come close to seeing this, right?

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

Uh, tim...you realize you just took out a thread instructing people who will never even remotely come close to seeing this, right?

It’s a rhetorical message. Besides, who am I to know? Maybe AOC is already a member here. Maybe she’s jon mx! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

It’s a rhetorical message. Besides, who am I to know? Maybe AOC is already a member here. Maybe she’s jon mx! 

If she's jon, she'll never see it.

:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, Tim. Congrats on pointing out the obvious, 5 years too late.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

So this a polite message to Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, and the rest of their crowd: 

Shut the hell up. 

Just for now, just for the time being. Yes, you have real complaints and they deserve being addressed. But table them until after November of 2020. Keep your eyes on the prize. We may not love each other but we need to stick together until then. Afterwards, after we have achieved the main goal, then we can have all the struggle and turmoil you want. 

The nation is ready to vote for the Democrats. They want to vote for the Democrats. They don’t like what’s going on. But we need to show them that we can control ourselves. So listen to Pelosi for now, show her respect, and let us win next November. Then we’ll see. 

 

This should have been said a year ago.  Heck I said it a year ago.  No one listened. It's way way way way to late now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, [scooter] said:

Oh, Tim. Congrats on pointing out the obvious, 5 years too late.

 

Better late than never right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

So this a polite message to Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, and the rest of their crowd: 

Shut the hell up. 

Just for now, just for the time being. Yes, you have real complaints and they deserve being addressed. But table them until after November of 2020. Keep your eyes on the prize. We may not love each other but we need to stick together until then. Afterwards, after we have achieved the main goal, then we can have all the struggle and turmoil you want. 

The nation is ready to vote for the Democrats. They want to vote for the Democrats. They don’t like what’s going on. But we need to show them that we can control ourselves. So listen to Pelosi for now, show her respect, and let us win next November. Then we’ll see. 

 

 

How much corruption is too much? At what point is it ok for Dems to stand up and say, "Enough,"? Do we have to wait until Trump shoots someone on 5th Avenue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

Better late than never right?

No wonder the progressives on the board might dislike you as much as the conservatives do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, supermike80 said:

This should have been said a year ago.  Heck I said it a year ago.  No one listened. It's way way way way to late now.  

 

For what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, whoknew said:

 

For what?

To win the Presidency of the United States in the 2020 election.

Edited by supermike80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

To win the Presidency of the United States in the 2020 election.

You have any data to back up that claim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:
4 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Oh, Tim. Congrats on pointing out the obvious, 5 years too late.

Better late than never right?

I kinda feel like the situation passed the point of no return right around the time that the 20th Democrat announced that they were running for President.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

No wonder the progressives on the board might dislike you as much as the conservatives do. 

I hope nobody dislikes me. I like most of them. Disagreeing with me, that’s something else.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

I hope nobody dislikes me. I like most of them. Disagreeing with me, that’s something else.

That's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, [scooter] said:

I kinda feel like the situation passed the point of no return right around the time that the 20th Democrat announced that they were running for President.

Ummmm..."do you have any data to back up that claim?"    :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, [scooter] said:

I kinda feel like the situation passed the point of no return right around the time that the 20th Democrat announced that they were running for President.

It’s not too late. There are only 5 viable candidates right now. 2 are progressive, 3 aren’t. If it’s one of the 3 we’ll be OK IF IF IF the progressives don’t go too crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:
4 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

I kinda feel like the situation passed the point of no return right around the time that the 20th Democrat announced that they were running for President.

It’s not too late. There are only 5 viable candidates right now. 2 are progressive, 3 aren’t. If it’s one of the 3 we’ll be OK IF IF IF the progressives don’t go too crazy. 

The longer it drags out, the more likely that Trump wins. Democrats needed to show solidarity 2 years ago. But they are too busy flirting with socialism while practically ignoring the elephant in the room.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s not too late. There are only 5 viable candidates right now. 2 are progressive, 3 aren’t. If it’s one of the 3 we’ll be OK IF IF IF the progressives don’t go too crazy. 

Need I remind you what happened the last time we put up as boring centrist against Trump?

I'm just gonna go ahead and vote for whoever best represents my interests as usual.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

What are you talking about?   

 

You just said its way, way, way too late for Dems to win the 2020 Presidential election. I happen to think that's crazy. So I asked if you had anything to support your claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come together but side with Pelosi.

And yes I'd totally vote for a Democrat again, but not the way the party is going lately. 

Full backing of HRC was the worst decision the Democrats have ever made. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skoo said:

Need I remind you what happened the last time we put up as boring centrist against Trump?

I'm just gonna go ahead and vote for whoever best represents my interests as usual.

That’s fine- in the primaries. But be with us in the general. 

Hillary didn’t lose because she was centrist. She lost because people don’t like her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

That’s fine- in the primaries. But be with us in the general. 

Hillary didn’t lose because she was centrist. She lost because people don’t like her. 

No one likes Trump either really...So that really doesn't make a lot of sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, whoknew said:

 

You just said its way, way, way too late for Dems to win the 2020 Presidential election. I happen to think that's crazy. So I asked if you had anything to support your claim.

How crazy did you think Trump winning in 2016 was?

Edited by Megla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, timschochet said:

 

The nation is ready to vote for the Democrats. They want to vote for the Democrats. They don’t like what’s going on. But we need to show them that we can control ourselves. So listen to Pelosi for now, show her respect, and let us win next November. Then we’ll see. 

 

I assure you, you don't speak for the nation

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for being rude Timothy...I'm only writing in for AOC or Omar this election. Or voting Trump.

Who the hell do you think you are trying to silence the millennial voice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

So this a polite message to Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, and the rest of their crowd: 

Shut the hell up. 

Just for now, just for the time being. Yes, you have real complaints and they deserve being addressed. But table them until after November of 2020. Keep your eyes on the prize. We may not love each other but we need to stick together until then. Afterwards, after we have achieved the main goal, then we can have all the struggle and turmoil you want. 

The nation is ready to vote for the Democrats. They want to vote for the Democrats. They don’t like what’s going on. But we need to show them that we can control ourselves. So listen to Pelosi for now, show her respect, and let us win next November. Then we’ll see. 

 

What? for calling Pelosi a racist? Isn't that the democratic strategy? Call everyone you disagree with a racist?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AOC - Don’t listen to this guy. It’s your DESTINY to create a new Democratic Socialist party. The children, the immigrants, THE EARTH are all counting on you. 

You go girl.....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Just for being rude Timothy...I'm only writing in for AOC or Omar this election. Or voting Trump.

Who the hell do you think you are trying to silence the millennial voice?

Vote Green for Hawkins 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Just for now, just for the time being. Yes, you have real complaints and they deserve being addressed. But table them until after November of 2020. Keep your eyes on the prize. We may not love each other but we need to stick together until then. Afterwards, after we have achieved the main goal, then we can have all the struggle and turmoil you want. 

 

Lets say Biden wins the pres and the Dems win the House and Senate so Pelosi and Schumer are running things there... they hold all the cards and can do anything they want. Do you really believe they're going to cut hard left?

None of the 3 have any history that way and it would not be in their best interest in most cases to do so. 

That was my argument against Hillary in 2016.  After almost losing to a socialist she danced further right, no chance she would have moved left after she won.

Edited by KiddLattimer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of an insider pushing up against and challenging the establishment, but AOC is going about it the wrong way, and playing the race card the way she did against Pelosi is going to get her a lot of enemies within her own party. She’s appears in over her head. I’m not a Pelosi fan, but she at least gets that they need to maintain a united front publicly in order to beat Trump. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. We will not shut the hell up. People have shut the hell up for far too long and there is always another excuse for why we should shut up about the inequity, the corruption,  the failure to actually serve the people. So how about the people that lost 1000 seats, a bunch of states, the Congress,  the Senate  and helped bring Trump to power with their failed policies shut the hell up and unify behind us?

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NCCommish said:

No. We will not shut the hell up. People have shut the hell up for far too long and there is always another excuse for why we should shut up about the inequity, the corruption,  the failure to actually serve the people. So how about the people that lost 1000 seats, a bunch of states, the Congress,  the Senate  and helped bring Trump to power with their failed policies shut the hell up and unify behind us?

If either Bernie or Warren wins the nomination, I will gladly support that candidate with my vote and my money. Just as in 2016. I'm all in with the Democratic Party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Tim: We need to unify and come together. Kumbaya m.f'ers!

Also Tim: Shut the hell up

It was written with love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

Lets say Biden wins the pres and the Dems win the House and Senate so Pelosi and Schumer are running things there... they hold all the cards and can do anything they want. Do you really believe they're going to cut hard left?

None of the 3 have any history that way and it would not be in their best interest in most cases to do so. 

That was my argument against Hillary in 2016.  After almost losing to a socialist she danced further right, no chance she would have moved left after she won.

They won't cut hard left because the nation isn't ready for it. And if they tried, the Republicans would get together with the blue dogs and centrists and block it. Which, BTW, was exactly why Obamacare was passed in the first place. Obama wanted a public option, and Pelosi told him she couldn't get enough support for it. So he did the best he could.

What you and NCCommish and the other progressives around here need to realize is this: you're going to win. You're going to win because the combination of technology taking jobs away plus climate change is going to force progressive solutions on our society, and because the younger our population gets the more accepting of those ideas we are. In some ways Trump's Presidency can be looked at as a last gasp of the forces fighting against progressive change. The progressives will triumph. But it's still too soon. It's going to take about 10-15 years for it to happen. In the meantime, we can be stuck with Trumpism (both him and his successors) and everything that entails, and then finally reach the future we need with a whole lot of painful shock, or we can have moderate liberals come in and pave the way for the transition. Those are your choices; which do you prefer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When do we get a 3rd party? That’s when real change will take place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, timschochet said:

So this a polite message to Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, and the rest of their crowd: 

Shut the hell up. 

You’re clearly a racist and sexist who wants them to receive death threats.  That’s the only possible explanation for ever being critical of that contingent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quint said:

When do we get a 3rd party? That’s when real change will take place. 

First, I don't want real change. We'll get it, whatever I want, but I always have to challenge people who believe "real change" is a good thing. I can almost guarantee you it won't be.

Second, I don't believe we will ever have a 3rd party in this country. What we could have instead is a disintegration of one of the existing parties, and its replacement. But in the end there will always be a two party system.

For example, it would not surprise me at all if by 2050 or so the Republican Party vanished, replaced by a Progressive Party. So the new struggle would be between what we now think of as liberal and leftist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

They won't cut hard left because the nation isn't ready for it. And if they tried, the Republicans would get together with the blue dogs and centrists and block it. Which, BTW, was exactly why Obamacare was passed in the first place. Obama wanted a public option, and Pelosi told him she couldn't get enough support for it. So he did the best he could.

What you and NCCommish and the other progressives around here need to realize is this: you're going to win. You're going to win because the combination of technology taking jobs away plus climate change is going to force progressive solutions on our society, and because the younger our population gets the more accepting of those ideas we are. In some ways Trump's Presidency can be looked at as a last gasp of the forces fighting against progressive change. The progressives will triumph. But it's still too soon. It's going to take about 10-15 years for it to happen. In the meantime, we can be stuck with Trumpism (both him and his successors) and everything that entails, and then finally reach the future we need with a whole lot of painful shock, or we can have moderate liberals come in and pave the way for the transition. Those are your choices; which do you prefer?

Fair points on the technology portion. I disagree with what you said about the Nation not being ready for it... I think Washington isnt ready for it, which is essentially what you said as well. The question I would have is - did they not support a public option because their citizens didn't support it or because big health/pharma, etc bankrolled many of their campaigns?

I'm not a proponent of full blown socialism and I find a lot of some of the AOC type ideas to be too far fetched, but specifically about healthcare and ending the wars I think the majority of the country would get behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

Fair points on the technology portion. I disagree with what you said about the Nation not being ready for it... I think Washington isnt ready for it, which is essentially what you said as well. The question I would have is - did they not support a public option because their citizens didn't support it or because big health/pharma, etc bankrolled many of their campaigns?

I'm not a proponent of full blown socialism and I find a lot of some of the AOC type ideas to be too far fetched, but specifically about healthcare and ending the wars I think the majority of the country would get behind them.

Both. You can't really separate because big money influences how the public thinks and how they vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Both. You can't really separate because big money influences how the public thinks and how they vote.

Thats eroding very quickly though, which I think is the real source of the strife between the Pelosi's and AOC's of the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No tim, you absolutely blew it with Hillary.  You get far too much wrong in your assertions, particularly about the political left. You are abysmally out-of-touch.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timschochet said:

So this a polite message to Alexandria Ocacio-Cortez, Ihlan Omar, and the rest of their crowd: 

Shut the hell up. 

Just for now, just for the time being. Yes, you have real complaints and they deserve being addressed. But table them until after November of 2020. Keep your eyes on the prize. We may not love each other but we need to stick together until then. Afterwards, after we have achieved the main goal, then we can have all the struggle and turmoil you want. 

The nation is ready to vote for the Democrats. They want to vote for the Democrats. They don’t like what’s going on. But we need to show them that we can control ourselves. So listen to Pelosi for now, show her respect, and let us win next November. Then we’ll see. 

 

We should be unified all the time.   The party is so fragmented and divided right now and they are letting 3-4 newbies jeopardize the 2020 elections.   I said from the start the only way we lose is self implosion and it is happening right before our eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Quint said:

When do we get a 3rd party? That’s when real change will take place. 

Yeah, hoping the extremism on the right and the left disillusions enough people for a legit third party to emerge.  Maybe 4 more years of Trump could break the GOP.   Democrats seem to be doing a good job of destroying themselves.

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

No tim, you absolutely blew it with Hillary.  You get far too much wrong in your assertions, particularly about the political left. You are abysmally out-of-touch.

:goodposting:

he thought Joe Biden “held serve” in the 1st debate :lmao: 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

No tim, you absolutely blew it with Hillary.  You get far too much wrong in your assertions, particularly about the political left. You are abysmally out-of-touch.

I didn't get it wrong with Hillary. I never once made the argument that we needed to nominate her because Bernie couldn't beat Trump. What I wrote was that I was for Hillary because I agreed with her on the issues. I made no claims at any time about how electable she was, except to state my worry about it from time to time. I figured she'd win, but almost everybody else did too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

:goodposting:

he thought Joe Biden “held serve” in the 1st debate :lmao: 

But he did. Look at the polling. His numbers went down initially and now they've gone back up. He lost a tiny bit of ground, but significantly he support among Blacks and in South Carolina hasn't moved. Biden wasn't great but he did what he had to. He held serve for now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

But he did. Look at the polling. His numbers went down initially and now they've gone back up. He lost a tiny bit of ground, but significantly he support among Blacks and in South Carolina hasn't moved. Biden wasn't great but he did what he had to. He held serve for now. 

You change your position on this with each poll.

So many times.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.