What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drafting (1 Viewer)

A cheatsheet generated based on your league's scoring system would be a good source.  Not sure what you mean by "draft list"?

When drafting is it best to use a generated cheatsheet or the draft list?
Yes ;)

basically, I use both. (I assume you mean FBG Draft List, where they combine projections plus ADP)

I really use the FBG draft app these days, but like having both the individual player rankings (where I put lines at my tier breaks) and the Top 300 rankings (more to see how Group Think might affect when I draft a player). It’s nice to see both individual rankings per position plus the overall rankings interleaved for a pov on cross-positional value. 

2cents

Last edited by a moderator:
llb4fit said:
When drafting is it best to use a generated cheatsheet or the draft list?
Whatever gives you the most pleasure. It's supposed to be a hobby for fun afterall.

Personally, I just like to use the latest ADP list(preferably with risers and fallers) and look at where I may have to reach for or guys I can wait on guys roughly based on that. 

For some folks creating the cheetsheet is the most fun part of their season. Or better yet doing their own personal projections to show their work. For instance last season everyone hated Eli. They of course all loved OBJ in the top half of the first round. And Barkley was expected to be an elite RB at least in part because he could catch the ball. Engram was among the top TE's drafted last season. Shepard was expected to be very solid, definitely toward the top of the second tier of NFL WR's in the NFL. But again, Eli was expected to be terrible. Unless you actually do projections something there didn't quite add up. As things turned out both OBJ and Engram came up pretty short in expectations(due to injury mostly), and Shepard produced slightly better than expected. Yet Eli still produced better than expected so just imagine how he would have done with a healthy OBJ/Engram. Without projections it just seems to me rankings are pretty hollow. The projections show the HOW and the WHY the players are ranked that way because they account for every yard produced by an offense. That's why I was kind of shocked that so many experts on this site don't do projections, they just do rankings. I used to do projections but I don't anymore..... but I also am not charging anyone for my opinion.

To each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread