What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Philly Samaritans beat suspect to death for stealing car with Kids in it. PPD and DA mad they couldn't serve Street Justice themselves (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Background of story is a couple were inside a pizza joint left the kids in the car with it running as they were just picking it up. 54 year old who has 30 prior arrest for narcotics jumped in the fan. Boyfriend of the mother chased the dude down opened the car and threw him out. A group of people came in and served the dude some street justice. The criminal died but the cause of death is still being investigated. The Captain of the district said street justice is an issue. I can get that but when you have people in your own Department and in the city in general serving it themselves illegal well theres an issue. I guess the cops are just mad they couldn't do it themselves. Couple now maybe charged with the guys death along with the others who helped. They should just lawyer up and say they feared for their lives and defend it "cops get away with this all the time saying this why can't we?" PPD is opening up a huge can of worms if they charge the people in this because next time we see a PPD cop illegally beat someone or shoot them people will go back to this incident and say you charged the couple how come the cop gets off? 

Philly cops upset they couldn't serve Street Justice

Um, you were the one who brought up hangings done without due process.  I was responding to that. What was your point?
Simple. We have evolved. Both in laws and how we treat people. 

Claiming that something was okay in the 1800's makes it in any way okay now is just dumb. Ask every African American. 

Simple. We have evolved. Both in laws and how we treat people. 

Claiming that something was okay in the 1800's makes it in any way okay now is just dumb. Ask every African American. 
:mellow:

As usual, once again I am sorry I tried to engage you in a serious discussion. Have a good evening.

:mellow:

As usual, once again I am sorry I tried to engage you in a serious discussion. Have a good evening.
:lmao:

Again with the BS about not having a serious discussion. I answered every question you asked. You engaged me. Quit your whining. 

Implying that this incident is somehow okay, because horse thieves were hung in the 1800's, is the equivalent of condoning racism today because of slavery in the 1800's. 

We have laws and due process. When a mob operates outside of those laws, it's not acceptable. 

Users who are viewing this thread