What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep or No keep (1 Viewer)

simsarge

Footballguy
A couple years ago our league voted to allow one keeper per year, up to two years back in. However, I the commissioner neglected to ever add the rule to our rule book. Now two years later, one coach want to keep a guy for the third year. Because the rule isn't documented in the rules he feels it doesn't exist and therefore can keep him again. 

It should be noted though that there is a record of the rule being in a league website post last year (who that year's current keepers were and their number of kept years). 

So, my question is this. Should the owner be allowed to keep him again or should he go back into the draft?

Thanks all 

Silly question, of course he shouldn't be allowed.  Slap him upside his head and ask him if he wants to be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
you've been playing by these rules for 2 years, including this particular owner, and suddenly NOW he wants to say the rule doesn't exist? 

always someone trying to bend the rules 

tell him to accept the rules you've all been playing under for 2+ years, or leave the league. period end of story.

You really don't expect anyone to say let him keep the player, do you?  How about you offer him an ultimatum - you can keep the player, but you will be booted after this year.  If he says yes, boot him now!

Actually my quandary lies in the fact that it was never added to the rule book. Not really the morality of situation

Yeah, I figured that. That's sort of tricky, actually, so I guess precedent flows from intra-league emails.

Let me ask you this - are you 100% certain that all owners knew the 2-yr rule, including this guy?
Relatively. The question was asked by someone else last year and the breakout posted on the league message board. 

Player A - 1 year, player B - 2 years, etc 

Easy.....ask the league to chime in to their understanding of the rule.  If everyone knew it was a 2yr thing then that guy is foolish in trying to use that as an excuse.  

Make sure you add the rule to the bylaws now.

Actually my quandary lies in the fact that it was never added to the rule book. Not really the morality of situation
Everyone in your league is aware of the rule.  There is no "quandary" if you don't fixate on a technicality and use common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is trying to use a technicality to break the rules, and he knows it.  If you let him keep the guy, all other owners will be up in arms.  Why don't you poll your leaguemates, and when they all say the same thing, which they 100% will, tell this clown he can either play fair or leave your league.  Oh, and also send him a link to this thread.  Would love to see him come in here and try to defend himself.

A couple years ago our league voted to allow one keeper per year, up to two years back in. However, I the commissioner neglected to ever add the rule to our rule book. Now two years later, one coach want to keep a guy for the third year. Because the rule isn't documented in the rules he feels it doesn't exist and therefore can keep him again. 

It should be noted though that there is a record of the rule being in a league website post last year (who that year's current keepers were and their number of kept years). 

So, my question is this. Should the owner be allowed to keep him again or should he go back into the draft?

Thanks all 
When did "lonestar" join your league?

If you can make it to "HOR" by draft day, I may have an opening for you and then you'll be in the know  ;)

Users who are viewing this thread