What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CNN Ratings Continue Free Fall (2 Viewers)

Communist news network is more like it.

Pelosi and the posse trying to impeach on hearsay while we’re trying to settle a trade war with communist China.

Is she working for us Americans or them? 
Are you seriously questioning whether Pelosi is a spy for China or are you just making a dumb joke?

Are you seriously questioning whether Pelosi is a spy for China or are you just making a dumb joke?
100% serious. The communist helping Bidens gave the Chinese jet technology for a price of course.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/biden-kerry-sons-lucrative-but-shady-business-with-chicoms/

Feinstein had a Chinese spy on staff for 20 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/explain-the-chinese-spy-sen-feinstein/2018/08/09/0560ca60-9bfd-11e8-b60b-1c897f17e185_story.html

I’m sure all Hillary’s emails went straight to her Chinese handler too.

Last edited by a moderator:
100% serious. The communist helping Bidens gave the Chinese jet technology for a price of course.

https://www.independentsentinel.com/biden-kerry-sons-lucrative-but-shady-business-with-chicoms/

Feinstein had a Chinese spy on staff for 20 years

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/explain-the-chinese-spy-sen-feinstein/2018/08/09/0560ca60-9bfd-11e8-b60b-1c897f17e185_story.html

I’m sure all Hillary’s emails went straight to her Chinese handler too.
The Biden’s are complete stooges for China. The media hasn’t even touched Hunter (and Joes) China corruption.

1. Joe Biden met with Hunter’s Chinese partners days before they established a new investment firm.

In December 2013, Hunter landed in Beijing aboard Air Force Two, accompanying his father on an official visit to China. Less than two weeks later, Hunter’s company, Rosemont Seneca, became a partner in a new investment company backed by the state-owned Bank of China.

Christening the new firm Bohai Harvest RST (BHR), the partners set out to raise $1 billion for the new fund.

Representatives of the Biden family have denied any connection between the vice president’s visit and Hunter’s business. However, a BHR representative told The New Yorker earlier this year that Hunter used the opportunity to introduce his father to Chinese private equity executive Jonathan Li, who became CEO of BHR after the deal’s conclusion.

2. BHR is a multibillion-dollar enterprise.

Exceeding their initial fundraising goal, the partners at BHR raised their target to $1.5 billion for the new fund. The company’s website now brags that it manages “over RMB 15 billion” in assets — the equivalent of about $2.1 billion in today’s dollars.

Under the terms of the deal, BHR, in which Hunter’s firm held an equity stake, would be a lead investor in the fund. Other investors include China Development Bank and China’s social security fund.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-facts-about-hunter-bidens-business-dealings-in-china/

No personal gain here.  Just meeting future business partners for  billion dollar deals using Air Force 2.  Had nothing to do with Daddy's position. 

No personal gain here.  Just meeting future business partners for  billion dollar deals using Air Force 2.  Had nothing to do with Daddy's position. 
If that was illegal then he would have been arrested sometime in January 2017.

If Republicans thought that was corrupt then Ivanka wouldn't be allowed to travel with President Trump.

If that was illegal then he would have been arrested sometime in January 2017.

If Republicans thought that was corrupt then Ivanka wouldn't be allowed to travel with President Trump.
It is not corrupt if our side does it.  

If Biden did something corrupt in China then charge him. I don’t want any crooks around. 

But I’m skeptical because he’s had a long political career and seems pretty clean. 

If this gets legs the Dems are going to get crushed. Also explains why the D establishment tilts the field away from the progressives

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

CNN missed its profit targets by $100-$120 million and Jeff Zucker may be on his way out now.

https://www.outkick.com/it-looks-like-jeff-zucker-is-plotting-his-exit-from-cnn-and-att/

While the Wall Street Journal does not present it with absolute certainty, it looks like Jeff Zucker’s time at CNN will wind down after the election.
I remember when CNN was watched to get up to the minute news.   That was many years ago.   I don’t know anyone that watches it these days.  

CNN is?  Yet...some are believing everything that comes out of actual tabloid the NYPost.

Also...talking about tabloid while replying to a post with a tweet from Clay Travis is an interesting dynamic to me...not much more tabloid than Travis is.
What do you have against Clay Travis? He doesn't share your world view so that makes him a tabloid?

What do you have against Clay Travis? He doesn't share your world view so that makes him a tabloid?
He is a shock jock style Stern wannabe who has always been a complete blowhard and it has zero to do with political anything.

This goes back years to when he was on radio here first getting into doing sports talk.

He is a shock jock style Stern wannabe who has always been a complete blowhard and it has zero to do with political anything.

This goes back years to when he was on radio here first getting into doing sports talk.
I find him to be an excellent contrast to what the other networks roll out there. Sports talk radio has always been like that. 

His reporting seems to be factual, so I don't know why you immediately dismiss it. Your loss.

I find him to be an excellent contrast to what the other networks roll out there. Sports talk radio has always been like that. 

His reporting seems to be factual, so I don't know why you immediately dismiss it. Your loss.
His reporting seems to be factual?  Not sure about that...it all seems opinionated meant to get clicks or listens above all else.  Part of why I have avoided giving him much attention in the past several years.  

His reporting seems to be factual?  Not sure about that...it all seems opinionated meant to get clicks or listens above all else.  Part of why I have avoided giving him much attention in the past several years.  
Why don't you show me some things he got wrong?

Do you put every reporter to get something wrong in the "tabloid" category as well?

Why don't you show me some things he got wrong?

Do you put every reporter to get something wrong in the "tabloid" category as well?
No thanks...I don't find Clay Travis to be much more than an opinion shock jock.  That is all.  he isn't a news guy, isn't a fact guy...he is an opinion guy.  I find most of them to be not worth my time.

For your second question...no, that is not what I am saying at all about reporters (Travis isn't actual a reporter).

No thanks...I don't find Clay Travis to be much more than an opinion shock jock.  That is all.  he isn't a news guy, isn't a fact guy...he is an opinion guy.  I find most of them to be not worth my time.

For your second question...no, that is not what I am saying at all about reporters (Travis isn't actual a reporter).
Ok, you continue to support CNN who puts proven liars on the air. 

I do?  When have I posted things from CNN?  

Saying they are not a tabloid is not quite support of them...
Not worth my time to look it up. 

I got what you're saying. A sports guy who reports factual news with a Republican angle is a tabloid. A company who disingenuously reports the news isnt. 

Not worth my time to look it up. 

I got what you're saying. A sports guy who reports factual news with a Republican angle is a tabloid. A company who disingenuously reports the news isnt. 
I don't think you do get what Im saying at all.  

So I will move on from such a strange conversation.

Getting Zucker out will be a good thing. Its gives CNN a chance to return to respectability. Everyone should be cheering this. 

Getting Zucker out will be a good thing. Its gives CNN a chance to return to respectability. Everyone should be cheering this. 
They really need to get rid of people like Chris Cuomo and try to get actual news people back in if that is ever possible again.  Sometimes when I watch Cuomo I think it is a parody. Then if anyone is critical of his brother he blows a gasket.

CNN is caught in trying to be MSNBC, but not just owning it. They aren't down the middle on anything. Time to admit it, embrace it, and maybe they can compete against the other networks in that space. They do need to get a better primetime lineup also, all lefties, but, once again, the network likes to refer to them as anchors or down the middle, not what they are as partisans. Own up. It's ok. It takes 5 minutes to realize how CNN is positioning themselves as a network.

Hardly anyone wants to watch unbiased TV news.  NewsNation ratings are terrible.  PBS NewsHour has leaned left.  People want to be entertained.  

Gives them a chance but will they?
I think CNN actually does a pretty good job on news stories that have nothing to do with Trump. The problem is WAY TOO MANY of their news stories have to do with Trump. They just need to stop focusing so much on all Trump all the time. 

I think CNN actually does a pretty good job on news stories that have nothing to do with Trump. The problem is WAY TOO MANY of their news stories have to do with Trump. They just need to stop focusing so much on all Trump all the time. 
I agree 100%.  When covering non-politcal events and stories they do a nice job.

Trump is one of the reasons their ratings and credibilty is so bad and it appears to drive them crazy as he has convinced many, even left leaning people that they are not a credible news source anymore.  So they focus all their hate toward him.  Jim Acosta used to be a  good  reporter but has become so obnoxious with anything that has to do with Trump or his admisitration that he can`t cover any type story without his personal bias. Cooper and Lemon are the same as they can`t hide their hate when covering a story.

Then their whole demeanor, facial and body language changes when covering stories about Biden, Pelosi, Schumer or anyone other than Trump.    

Hardly anyone wants to watch unbiased TV news.  NewsNation ratings are terrible.  PBS NewsHour has leaned left.  People want to be entertained.  
Yes, but it goes beyond being entertained, imo. Too many people addicted to a feeling of self-satisfaction that comes when the TV guy tells them they're right about whatever they already thought.

Newsy even goes so far as to basically market themselves as "telling what you need to know, but not what you should think about it" yet they're stuck in the same boat as the shows you mentioned.

I remember when CNN was watched to get up to the minute news.   That was many years ago.   I don’t know anyone that watches it these days.  
I don't either, but there are apparently a ton of people watching/reading it.  How else would they know how terrible it is?  That's a whole other discussion though...not sure why people would watch something so bad just to be able to comment on how bad it is...crazy town :loco:  

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next

I agree 100%.  When covering non-politcal events and stories they do a nice job.

Trump is one of the reasons their ratings and credibilty is so bad and it appears to drive them crazy as he has convinced many, even left leaning people that they are not a credible news source anymore.  So they focus all their hate toward him.  Jim Acosta used to be a  good  reporter but has become so obnoxious with anything that has to do with Trump or his admisitration that he can`t cover any type story without his personal bias. Cooper and Lemon are the same as they can`t hide their hate when covering a story.

Then their whole demeanor, facial and body language changes when covering stories about Biden, Pelosi, Schumer or anyone other than Trump.    
Opposite, actually.  Trump was a reason in 2016 that they had such good ratings for a while, back when they thought his speeches were just good for ratings and had him on all the time, etc. 

It has been estimated that, across various platforms, Trump received about a $1Billion in free advertising from the media who now vilify him. 

Trump doesn't do this to outfits like CNN; they do it to themselves with their dogged relentlessness to hate all things Trump. 

There is an operation called Medical Research Center and I think the guy's name to look up is Tim Graham. His group has a staff of people who do nothing but watch ALL news, regardless of source, and document it, preserve it, count instances of anything people want counted, etc. 

They recently did a study to count instances of how many negative remarks were made of Biden Vs. Trump. They checked in with all the topicals (CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc, etc,) and the numbers were something like 882 negative remarks on Trump and 32 for Biden. They didn't do it to show a bias against trump. They did it to parlay into what I mentioned above in how much discussion about each candidate there is and what it means. The numbers, while staggering, are just a byproduct.  

I don't mention this to point out how the media is so against Trump. I point it out to outline their findings. 

1)They postulate that media like CNN, MSNBC, etc are actually going to be hurt quite a deal more if Trump loses because, in simplest terms, they have put all their eggs in one basket and have nothing else that they tend to have to talk about.

2)They use this data (and lots of other) to make a case that CNN and some others, but mostly CNN and MSNBC, are, in fact, not really "news outlets" anymore. They are simply ongoing opinion talkshows at this point and there is, if anyone is interested in reading on it, a lot of data to show that it was started back in 1992 to start going this way, that it was evolved to satisfy ratings, and that their current head (at CNN) was trying to copycat the success of Fox.  

Users who are viewing this thread