What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Half a million people signed up to storm Area 51 — what happens if they actually show up? (1 Viewer)

I seriously doubt anything is there with how popular Area 51 is in pop culture. It's for show.

I seriously doubt anything is there with how popular Area 51 is in pop culture. It's for show.
This.

The government is bad at many things. But not so inept that a secret facility is going to be that well known - and actually have anything this important.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you seen how vast area 51 is? a half million fools will be corralled into a fenced off area and provided shade food and water until they leave. they will never get underground. they will not be a big problem.

It will depend on their disguise. If they wear baseball caps pulled down low and dark sunglasses, I could see some of them getting in

I'm going the day after. Security will let their guard down and be throwing the party with the aliens in celebration. 

beer 30 said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun

2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute...probably nothing pretty happens is my guess. Good luck, Darwin will be smiling :thumbup:
Hmm.  5,000 rounds per minute is a lot.  But half a million is 500,000.

How far do you suppose the ones at the back of the charge could get in an hour and 40 minutes?  Further than the mini’s maximum range of 3280 feet?  I think so...

How far do you suppose the ones at the back of the charge could get in an hour and 40 minutes?  Further than the mini’s maximum range of 3280 feet?  I think so...
You realize the US military has more than one right? They have also managed to mount these on mobile land and air units. If I was a betting man...

Half a million people just means there will be a bigger pile.

Of the 50-100 people that actually show up, what percentage do you think are willing to take a bullet for their cause?

50-100 people show up to do the storming.  A few hundred people including "media" members show up to watch the people do the storming.

I mean, if this really were to happen and hundreds of thousands of people showed up, the military wouldn't just mow them all down, would they?  That would go down as one of the world's worst atrocities a government did against its people.  

I mean, if this really were to happen and hundreds of thousands of people showed up, the military wouldn't just mow them all down, would they?  That would go down as one of the world's worst atrocities a government did against its people.  
They'd use helicopters to blow sand and rocks on the front people until they didn't think it was funny any more.

But maybe the "Naruto" (sp?) run style will protect them from that as well as bullets

Rather than waste all those bullets I suspect the government would employ their newly inherited non-lethal means of crowd disbursement taken from our alien friends. Sounds waves, mind manipulation, infrared heat, etc. I doubt the government fires a shot...but boy if they do! Will make Trump's 4th of July celebration look like a fireworks show at Single A Mansfield on a Tuesday night.

You know those guys at Area 51 are just itching to pull on the little people.

500,000 idiots storming one of the most secure facilities in the world.  I mean...  genocide is evil, obviously, but I kinda feel like mowing down those 500,000 idiots would be doing society a favor.

If people really wanted full disclosure, I think about 250MM people would need to stop paying taxes. 

I’m going to guess about 140 people actually show up.  Most of these people signing up in it for the joke.  

One thing to remember here is it's not like you hop the fence and you're on the base.  I believe it's something like 2 or 3 miles (at least) between the border and the facility.  And that is hot desert, which the military uses as a live test area.  

TheIronSheik said:
One thing to remember here is it's not like you hop the fence and you're on the base.  I believe it's something like 2 or 3 miles (at least) between the border and the facility.  And that is hot desert, which the military uses as a live test area.  
However, the area IIRC is believed to have sensors in the ground that detect trucks and any other traffic coming in.  That's how the camo guy security force there finds you so quickly.

dickey moe said:
Of course the guy who thought this up lives in Bakersfield.
If I lived in Bakersfield I'd try to figure out a way to make it to a military detention center. Free vacation, you know, anywhere outside of Bakersfield. Going to a Stockton motel costs money!

Users who are viewing this thread