What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Daniel Craig's replacement to be introduced in new Bond Movie (1 Viewer)

I think I read she will be 007 not necesarily James Bond. The idea is that code name is passed on when Bond retires. 

Lashana Lynch’s role in Bond 25 will reportedly have audiences dropping their popcorn in shock. Lashana’s role has been kept underwraps but sources close to the production have now claimed that Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s rewrite of the script will see the 31-year-old be introduced to audiences as 007. Now that is a moment we can’t wait to see. James Bond fans will know that the spy retired at the end of Spectre and as Bond 25 opens he will be living a life of luxury in Jamaica. However soon we will return to MI6 in London and the insider reveals that ‘there is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says “come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman’.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/14/lashana-lynch-will-introduced-bond-25-audiences-new-007-10287976/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
They make it seem like this was meant to be a big surprise  but most likely a planned “leak”

Please tell me people are really upset about this :lol:
I’m not upset in the least and I will watch the movie but to me this is unnecessary.  And I’d say the same thing if somebody wanted to take some long-standing fictional character that was female and decided to have a male play the role.

HellToupee said:
Definitely not true to Flemming’s character but then again Roger Moore wasn’t either
Right, but it's been 50ish years- this is essentially a spin-off since she isn't playing James Bond but his successor. 

The General said:
Seriously I will pay someone 10 American dollars to watch “Octo#####” start to finish and they tell me it isn’t the worst movie they have ever seen. 
Ten bucks is a few bags of gummi bears. I'll pretty much tell you anything for ten bucks.

The General said:
Please tell me people are really upset about this :lol:
People are "outraged" over a black Little Mermaid, and there were people on this board that were grumpy that there are too many "broads"  in the new Star Wars movies.  Yeah, people are going to be upset about this.  

Last edited by a moderator:
People are "outraged" over a black Little Mermaid, and there were people on this board that were grumpy that there are too many "broads"  in the new Star Wars movies.  Yeah, people are going to be upset about this.  
And people complained about Aladdin and Avengers empowering women...

Ten bucks is a few bags of gummi bears. I'll pretty much tell you anything for ten bucks.
I don’t think you can do it. 

There was a summer when I was a kid that this movie was on HBO or some such channel all the time. I watched it a lot.

It was on a couple weeks ago and I stopped and watched the backgammon scene for some reminiscing nostalgia (seriously he plays high stakes backgammon). It was super cheesy but pretty good camp.

I watched for another 20 minutes and it was like they had one roll of film and the take they got was it. Wasn’t even dumb good. Was just mind numbingly bad. 

They can have Benji play 007 and I’m good. 

I don’t think you can do it. 

There was a summer when I was a kid that this movie was on HBO or some such channel all the time. I watched it a lot.

It was on a couple weeks ago and I stopped and watched the backgammon scene for some reminiscing nostalgia (seriously he plays high stakes backgammon). It was super cheesy but pretty good camp.

I watched for another 20 minutes and it was like they had one roll of film and the take they got was it. Wasn’t even dumb good. Was just mind numbingly bad. 

They can have Benji play 007 and I’m good. 
Lol.

Yeah, I never got what made the Bond series so alluring. They really can have anybody play it; I'm sure it's about as relevant to twenty year-olds as an episode of Hee Haw was to us. 

People have sourced that and found it to be a bit of an urban myth.

CWIDT

Which part?  I work with a few people that were #####ing about a black Little Mermaid for a couple days after the news.  :shrug:
Oh, the reporting on the outrage was apparently overdone. If you're working with people #####ing about, then never mind, I guess some people are outraged (my outrage meter strikes me as out-of-whack these days).

Lol.

Yeah, I never got what made the Bond series so alluring. They really can have anybody play it; I'm sure it's about as relevant to twenty year-olds as an episode of Hee Haw was to us. 
Love the character Bond. Without putting any thought into it 007 has to be a top 10 character in cinema history.

That being said 007 can be played well by anyone if they have the theatrical balls to do it and get a good director. 

That being said 007 can be played well by anyone if they have the theatrical balls to do it and get a good director. 
Honestly, this is true. If you can deadpan and be convincing -- even a touch -- on camera, you'll be good. Look what Connery did with him. 

Lol.

I bet if I polled the kids in high school, 50% of them would even know what James Bond was and maybe 20% have seen a Bond movie. 

Oh, the reporting on the outrage was apparently overdone. If you're working with people #####ing about, then never mind, I guess some people are outraged (my outrage meter strikes me as out-of-whack these days).
I think many of these stories go through a similar phase. A couple people or trolls post some tweets- some legit and some just for attention. Then the writers write about it from 20 angles. People read this and it often drives the real world topics of conversation. Then it gets a spot on the news channels, memes make the rounds on FB, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Finally, it ends up a point of conversation at workplaces, bars, dining rooms, etc. 

Love the character Bond. Without putting any thought into it 007 has to be a top 10 character in cinema history.

Interesting idea of best movie characters ever. Bond is iconic and prolific- though his batting percentage isn't stellar. 

Interesting idea of best movie characters ever. Bond is iconic and prolific- though his batting percentage isn't stellar. 
It’s not Indiana Jones, Batman, Han Solo (about 10 others from that franchise), Rocky.

But I’m having a hard time thinking of more.

Gets a tricky with the criteria but 007 is up there.

I think many of these stories go through a similar phase. A couple people or trolls post some tweets- some legit and some just for attention. Then the writers write about it from 20 angles. People read this and it often drives the real world topics of conversation. Then it gets a spot on the news channels, memes make the rounds on FB, Twitter, Reddit, etc. Finally, it ends up a point of conversation at workplaces, bars, dining rooms, etc.
Thanks. This sounds really accurate. Your point about high school kids was taken, too.

Not sure about best movie characters. I'll let you guys hash that one out. 

It’s not Indiana Jones, Batman, Han Solo (about 10 others from that franchise), Rocky.

But I’m having a hard time thinking of more.

Gets a tricky with the criteria but 007 is up there.
I think the toughest call is how much quantity vs quality is weighed. 

Thanks. This sounds really accurate. Your point about high school kids was taken, too.

Not sure about best movie characters. I'll let you guys hash that one out. 
It is similar to how ESPN works. ESPN personality tweets something "edgy". Then the rest of the shows cover the statement and the coverage of the comment. Creating stories and turning the coverage of the stories into stories. The truth is there isn't enough actual news to support all these organizations covering these things 24/7. Or at least not enough that people are interested in or that can be easily covered in a digestible way. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the toughest call is how much quantity vs quality is weighed. 
007 definitely gets some negative points there. About 15 movies of dreck.

Someone tried to watch them all in a thread somewhere on here a couple years ago. Don’t remember who but it was funny. Don’t think they finished.

007 definitely gets some negative points there. About 15 movies of dreck.

Someone tried to watch them all in a thread somewhere on here a couple years ago. Don’t remember who but it was funny. Don’t think they finished.
Yeah, I think that was Capella. Somewhere in the late Roger Mood period his wife threatened to leave him if it didn't stop (not really but probably really)

It’s like introducing a white guy into a traditional black person role.  Absolutely idiotic..  
If I am reading it correctly, that is not true. It's just adding a new characterr to the world and retiring another. She's playing a different person. 

It is similar to how ESPN works. ESPN personality tweets something "edgy". Then the rest of the shows cover the statement and the coverage of the comment. Creating stories and turning the coverage of the stories into stories. The truth is there isn't enough actual news to support all these organizations covering these things 24/7. Or at least not enough that people are interested in or that can be easily covered in a digestible way. 
I used to call that tactic "news about ourselves." The media does this all the time writ large.

If the movie is good you don’t think it will make money because of “brand loyalty”. That’s crazy.
I think it’s about brand loyalty.  So predicting a drop in gross revenue here.  Last movie did 1.1 billion roughly.  I’m saying revenue will drop.  What prediction are you comfortable with?

Users who are viewing this thread