What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warren Sharp's 2019 Football Preview (1 Viewer)

2nd year I’ve gotten it...this was the first year in print.

Pros

• So many previews are about ‘such and such’ player.  His focus on organizational and coaching philosophy with analytics as his conclusion foundation stands apart.
  • Snap detail is very thorough.
  • Because it’s largely his work, he sees the 32 teams through one prism.  It may be his prism that you can argue it has faults, but it feels like 1 overall preview vs cobbled together write-ups from multiple different writers who don’t do nearly the work.
  • Having followed him for now a year plus, I appreciate the self-made slant and how he’s not afraid to wear it on his sleeve.
Cons

• The editing Is subpar at best.  For instance, one whole entire page of the Denver Broncos preview is a write up on the Cowboys.   Also, a few previews require you to finish reading each on on an ‘overflow’ page at the end of the book.  The Giants were one of those teams expect, it points you to a page where there was no finishing write-up.
  • At least for the print version, I think he could lay out a lot of his advanced metrics more consisely in addition to them being sectioned from 1-32 so you could start to get a better idea of context across each team.
But I’m a fan overall.

I find his self promotion to be annoying but in the end all I am looking for is SOS opinions to form a consensus. Editing needs work but I see this as some football dudes not book editors. 

If you follow on a Twitter you will see some themes emerge that he is saying in the book as well- I get it  he loves Arians and Kyle Shanahan  

Cant help but notice Kurt Warner taking issue with some takes of his. I have pissed away money on worse things. Fingers crossed. 

I find his self promotion to be annoying but in the end all I am looking for is SOS opinions to form a consensus. Editing needs work but I see this as some football dudes not book editors. 

If you follow on a Twitter you will see some themes emerge that he is saying in the book as well- I get it  he loves Arians and Kyle Shanahan  

Cant help but notice Kurt Warner taking issue with some takes of his. I have pissed away money on worse things. Fingers crossed. 
I pretty much read everything football.  I just enjoy outside of the box football takes as there is way too much groupthink in FF these days...you've got all of these "experts" patting each other on the back on Twitter, experts that many of us high stakes players can chew up and spit out in a New York minute.  At least he's not one of the groupthink guys peddling a podcast.

That's why I like guys like Waldman and Bloom...they have original thoughts and content that give me different perspectives and potentially advantages that I'm looking for.  I put Sharp in that same category, although admittedly a self promoter that is begging for a front office job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen. Group Think has pretty much driven me away from subscriptions these past years for season long. I am not getting much out of it. But that is why I bought it; I really like the breakdown and I suck at incorporating my own thoughts into SOS until about week 5. 

That article seems a bit short sighted in that it selects just a few conclusions to pick on when Sharp gives hundreds in a given publication.

I don’t have a strong opinion on the pick stuff...I don’t purchase those from him or anybody else.
I don't have an opinion of Sharp. Never read or listened to anything from him that is why I googled. Total unknown to me.

The link I provided was a prominent hit in the search. While there may be some pettiness there, it seemed like a warning that he may be misrepresenting himself to potential customers.

Maybe he does some good things. People seem to like his SoS stuff based on the responses in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread