What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Athletes That Are Universally Respected And Liked (1 Viewer)

Darrell Green - Redskins

George Martin - Giants

Troy Polamalu

Tony Gonzales 

Grant Hill 

Shaq

D-Wade

Rivera would not fare well in the PSF.  Would be on Tims and JBs list though.

“As a Christian, I  believe that the Lord gave us the Bible,” he told the newspaper. “The Bible speaks about Israel. Everything — from New Testament, Old Testament — it’s all about Israel and the relationship his people have. So as a Christian, I understand that the chosen people of God is Israel — Jewish Israel. The country was made by him. All the other countries were made by men. This country was built by him for his people.”  The New York Yankees legend told the Washington Examiner he became enamored with Israel after making two trips to the country with a church group and friends who are rabbis.

“Every time that I go to Israel, it blows my mind,” Rivera said. “I wanted to see more, I wanted to understand more. I wanted to learn more. The Bible comes to life when you’re there.”

Rivera was asked whether he was concerned about his stance and whether he had received criticism over it.

“If I do, I’m OK with that,” Rivera replied. “I know what I stand for: That will never change.

He isn't listed on the first page.  So, just in case... Larry Fitzgerald.
Domestic violence

On New Year's Eve 2008, TMZ published a story that said Fitzgerald had been ordered to stay away from [former girlfriend Angela] Nazario. It detailed the allegations, gleaned from court documents, that she leveled against him -- that after the two began quarreling, Fitzgerald challenged her to a play fight. Nazario said she swung at Fitzgerald, who then pushed her. He "grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room." When Nazario tried to leave with their son, she said Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor….was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" When she made it to her car, Nazario said she realized Fitzgerald had pulled out chunks of her hair.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/95846100/arizona-cardinals-larry-fitzgerald-domestic-violence-accusation-tmz

Last edited by a moderator:
MANY people loved him, but with his muslim conversion, draft controversy/prison, and brash/charismatic personality - many also disliked him.  He was one of my heroes. 
not to mention his homophobic rants, calling all white people the Devil (on the David Frost show), vociferous campaign against interracial marriage (spoke at a Klan function about it, much to their delight) ...

here's a bit more to digest - funny how we allow some folks total forgiveness and redemption ... to the point of medals and National treasure status ... #### that. 

guy was a hateful SOB in his prime, you consider that "heroic"?

not to mention his homophobic rants, calling all white people the Devil (on the David Frost show), vociferous campaign against interracial marriage (spoke at a Klan function about it, much to their delight) ...

here's a bit more to digest - funny how we allow some folks total forgiveness and redemption ... to the point of medals and National treasure status ... #### that. 

His tenderhearted visit to Arnold probably squelched some of the haters.

Damian Lillard is everything you could ever ask for in a local celebrity.  Gives his time and money to numerous local causes, treats the media and fans with respect and his teammates love him.  Not sure what his national reputation is, but compare him to a Russel Westbrook for instance and I think Dame is a helluva good guy and we're lucky to have him in our little town. 

Honestly not being around whites sounds pretty great.

some NYers from days gone by ...

Gil Hodges

Rod Gilbert

Dave DeBusschere

Roy White

Donnie Baseball

Ed Kranepool

Mike Bossy

Roy Campenella

George Martin

Thurman Munson 

Catfish Hunter