What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

without giving it away, what's a dead giveaway where for where you're from? (1 Viewer)

My Texas friends say I have a Philly accent and my Philly friends say I have a Texas accent.  So I might stump some people.
When I was in basic training, we had the full spread of accents in my unit.  I was singled out for having the weirdest/most unique accent (Philly) out of everyone.  Not the dude from Boston, not the Texas dude... Me.  It blew my mind (and still does 20yrs later).  

When I was in basic training, we had the full spread of accents in my unit.  I was singled out for having the weirdest/most unique accent (Philly) out of everyone.  Not the dude from Boston, not the Texas dude... Me.  It blew my mind (and still does 20yrs later).  
College was similar.   You have a "Philly" accent.... I didn't even know what that was and still dont think I do.   And I live in NJ :lol:

College was similar.   You have a "Philly" accent.... I didn't even know what that was and still dont think I do.   And I live in NJ :lol:
And I live in DE.  :lol:  

Weirdos

Honestly, we talk correctly.  Everyone sounds weird.  

'AL' words seem to be the ones that got the most laughs for me.  Like 'talk' and 'walk.'  Although, 'faucet' got the biggest roar.  I tried saying it like they do and it just sounds dumb.   :shrug:

'AL' words seem to be the ones that got the most laughs for me.  Like 'talk' and 'walk.'  Although, 'faucet' got the biggest roar.  I tried saying it like they do and it just sounds dumb.   :shrug:
My Delco wife (who will claim to her deathbed she is from Philly) makes words like mall, ball, and call sound like they have two-syllables... her mother is even worse.  

My Delco wife (who will claim to her deathbed she is from Philly) makes words like mall, ball, and call sound like they have two-syllables... her mother is even worse.  
to me this is the Jody Mac

that guy can make the word "game" sound like it's 39 letters long and 11 syllables

My license plate holder from the older gent I got my car from says "B2V." Baker 2 Vegas. There's no "sfield" after "Baker."

That might be what confuses people. This guy lived in Chino. 
This is like saying “I don’t know the difference between Kansas and Arkansas because of two letters”
Who has a license plate frame advertising the drive from Baker to Vegas?  Why is there anything relating to Baker that doesn't reference thermometers?

Who has a license plate frame advertising the drive from Baker to Vegas?  Why is there anything relating to Baker that doesn't reference thermometers?
I dunno. He really owned that plate frame. Now, I do.  Baker to Vegas is a straigth shot on the 15, it seems. 

I've trained myself to say "soda".  It's just a nicer sounding word, but my daughter gives me a hard time for abandoning my roots.
I was just on vacation visiting family in Fargo and the aisle in the grocery store with all the carbonated beverages was marked Pop. I use both soda and pop but it was pop growing up. The sign caught my eye though.

Last edited by a moderator:
People love to tell me how they once drove through my city and...

A: it smelled like cow poop.*

B: On the way to Vegas**

*It smells like cow poop 20 miles south of town and 20 miles north of town. Enjoy your cheap and fresh milk/cheese/beef, you goons.

**If you drove through here on the way to Vegas you took the long way or you live by @dickey moe
The stench stays with you for 20 miles. 

:lol:

Even people in Philly and other surrounding counties make fun of Delco accents.  

Mary, Marry, and Merry are three different words with three different pronunciations and you can't convince me otherwise. 

I'm actually going the other way here, but hot damn if I don't want a couple of Red Dogs now.
You guys are talking about very different red dogs. My buddy brings back Zweigles every time he goes back to Rochester, and they are quite delicious. The one's I've had are more of a sausage/brat type of thing.

Birdie is talking a about Bright Leaf, which is a very run of the mill hot dog, just with red food coloring added. Much smaller than a Zweigle's. It's fine enough hot dog, but I don't quite get the fervor about it. In many parts of Eastern NC, you cannot sell a hot dog if it's not a Bright Leaf. There's some thing about that dirt cheap red food coloring dog that sparks a passion. 

What kind of hot dogs do you want on your garbage plate, red or white?
I just heard the term garbage plate for the first time this past Saturday - sounded delicious.  Is this something you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread