What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Biden's new Obamacare plan: adds a public option. (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/politics/joe-biden-health-care-plan-obamacare-public-option/index.html

Today Joe Biden released his healthcare plan: don't start from scratch (no Medicare for all), strengthen Obamacare with a public option. Federal subsidies for everyone, not just poor people.  Allow Medicare to negotiate prices with drug makers.  People would be allowed to import prescription drugs from Canada and other countries.

Projected cost is 750 billion over 10 years. This would be paid for by repealing Trump's tax cut and a capital gains tax on those earning over 1 million per year.

Thoughts? I kind of like this.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/politics/joe-biden-health-care-plan-obamacare-public-option/index.html

Today Joe Biden released his healthcare plan: don't start from scratch (no Medicare for all), strengthen Obamacare with a public option. Federal subsidies for everyone, not just poor people.  Allow Medicare to negotiate prices with drug makers.  People would be allowed to import prescription drugs from Canada and other countries.

Projected cost is 750 billion over 10 years. This would be paid for by repealing Trump's tax cut and a capital gains tax on those earning over 1 million per year.

Thoughts? I kind of like this.
:lmao:

Because this is the first you've heard of it?  It's the next logical step...it's the step that Obama should have fought for initially.  It's what moderates like myself have brought up time and time again.  Problem with this is "pay for it with rolling back the tax cuts" isn't going to get it.  Why?  Because simply taxing people making over $1 million a year wouldn't have funded it two years ago.  Costs have to be driven down and I want to see the detail of his plan that would address costs.  If this plan allows the government to step in and negotiate pricing, then that's a step in the right direction.

:lmao:

Because this is the first you've heard of it?  It's the next logical step...it's the step that Obama should have fought for initially.  It's what moderates like myself have brought up time and time again.  Problem with this is "pay for it with rolling back the tax cuts" isn't going to get it.  Why?  Because simply taxing people making over $1 million a year wouldn't have funded it two years ago.  Costs have to be driven down and I want to see the detail of his plan that would address costs.  If this plan allows the government to step in and negotiate pricing, then that's a step in the right direction.
I know you've pushed for a public option. I've read your posts. I always thought it was good idea.

If you like it will it be enough for you to vote for Joe?

I know you've pushed for a public option. I've read your posts. I always thought it was good idea.

If you like it will it be enough for you to vote for Joe?
No...I'm not a single issue voter and as I said, this reads as a good headline, but the devil's in the details.  Based purely on what you wrote here, there isn't enough of a funding mechanism to do this the correct way.  Rolling back Trump Cuts isn't enough.

Users who are viewing this thread