What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where did the Bob Ross paintings go? (1 Viewer)

Absolutely blown away.   I had no idea that there's actually a bob ross company after all these years.   Love Bob Ross.   That guy has to be one of the most chill and peaceful guys I've ever seen.   Would love to own one of his paintings.   And eff cancer.   You took one of the great one's you *******.   

I've wanted to own one since I was little, I had heard urban rumors in the early days of the internet that some libraries around where he lived had them.  But there's something massively heartening knowing they're not for sale.  Bob was for everyone

Smack Tripper said:
I've wanted to own one since I was little, I had heard urban rumors in the early days of the internet that some libraries around where he lived had them.  But there's something massively heartening knowing they're not for sale.  Bob was for everyone
Not quite.  I remember talking with the former art teacher at the local high school many years ago.  He used to despise Bob Ross' work.  He basically thought of it as the "McDonald's of the art world".     

Not quite.  I remember talking with the former art teacher at the local high school many years ago.  He used to despise Bob Ross' work.  He basically thought of it as the "McDonald's of the art world".     
The wet-on-wet technique and the brushes are definitely industrial and made for mass production, that's for sure.

Bob's genius was in the afternoon naps he gave us as middle schoolers. 

NutterButter said:
Love Bob Ross.   That guy has to be one of the most chill and peaceful guys I've ever seen.  
Bob’s chillness is universal and timeless.  My seven year old loves watching Bob Ross.

There's a Bob Ross studio where I live.  My wife loves to go up there and drink and paint.  I think its run by his son but I can't confirm that.  There is a pretty solid rumor that there are a lot of Bob Ross paintings "in the wild" from a time before he had the show...they are painted on old pans of all things.  The word is he did them while he was in the military and sold a ton of them.

A lot of "serious artists" disliked his work and his treatment of the medium. There's a pretty neat PBS documentary on him, his work, his vision. He basically wanted to make art accessible to your common person, and did for a lot of people. Not everyone appreciated the efforts.

"Having held military positions that required him to be, in his own words, "tough" and "mean", "the guy who makes you scrub the latrine, the guy who makes you make your bed, the guy who screams at you for being late to work", Ross decided that if he ever left the military, he would never yell or raise his voice again."

wiki

two distinct thoughts watching that clip:

- it's a crying dang shame those people won't be let be.

- the fictional equivalent of Search for Bob Ross (adding pursuit of rumors he faked his death to get out of that life & lead a militia or sumn, of course) could be one of the funniest movies of the century

ETA: Bill Murray as present-day Ross with CGI handling Murray as show-age Ross?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread