What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your buddy is coming into town for one day (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
He's from the year 1200.

You've got 24 hours to show him around.  What are you guys doing?  Are you taking him to places, like maybe showing him a big bridge?  Or skyscrapers?  Are you spending all day watching Netflix?  Are you taking him to the doctor to get vaccinated? 

You have to stay within your means.  This isn't some fantastical "what if" where you can just imagine you are rich.  This is real life.  For details:

- Your in your hometown and have to be able to be back home at the 24 hour mark.

- It's a weekday and you took a personal day from work.

- The weather is perfect.

Yep.  Turn the internet on, show him how to navigate the web for a bit.  Turn to pronhub.  Get him a couple rolls of paper towels and a 55 gallon drum of lube..... "Have fun buddy."   Leave him alone.

But you have off already.  Are you really blowing off your friend from 1200?  :confused:
The guy's from 1200.  They didn't even get to see their wives nekkid when they had sex.  Believe me, if he's really a buddy, this is the best thing you can do for him.

The guy's from 1200.  They didn't even get to see their wives nekkid when they had sex.  Believe me, if he's really a buddy, this is the best thing you can do for him.
Maybe he's one of those Christian dudes who thinks that's a sin.  He may not enjoy that.

My buddy?  We're going to a bar... actually, probably a brewpub.  We're eating pizza and drinking beer all day.  I'll blow his mind with the Uber we take home. 

If he's from the year 1200, we're probably not that close, and I'll probably dodge his call, as I'm a little anti-social.

He's from the year 1200.

You've got 24 hours to show him around.  What are you guys doing?  Are you taking him to places, like maybe showing him a big bridge?  Or skyscrapers?  Are you spending all day watching Netflix?  Are you taking him to the doctor to get vaccinated? 

You have to stay within your means.  This isn't some fantastical "what if" where you can just imagine you are rich.  This is real life.  For details:

- Your in your hometown and have to be able to be back home at the 24 hour mark.

- It's a weekday and you took a personal day from work.

- The weather is perfect.
No, of course not. Just me hanging out with my good friend from the year 1200.

But, on a serious note, before he goes back I tell him to put all the $ he has on a dude named Genghis Khan conquering China. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was from the year 1200, we would be unable to communicate due to the differences between modern English and Algo-Saxon.  You really need to come up with more plausible scenarios involving time travelers from the past.  
We don't talk.  We just point to things.  When I traveled for the oil companies, I'd be in countries where me and my handler couldn't understand each other and we hung out all day doing stuff.  I made sure this scenario is 100% realistic.  

I think I'd take him to see an action movie in the theater.  We'd definitely eat at an all you can eat buffet.  

i hate the way this is likely to be perceived, but Vicodin first, a million seconds, his choice once it kicks in. pain relief is going to impress him more than everything else combined

Does he owe me money? That will influence what kind of day we have. 

Are we buddies or are we acquaintances?  'Cause you said the former, but it seems an awful lot like the latter.
Well, he's cool for his time.  And you like him and get along.  But you're not really all that interested in having him hang out with your real friends because, let's face it, dude's a dork.  But he means well.  

Well, he's cool for his time.  And you like him and get along.  But you're not really all that interested in having him hang out with your real friends because, let's face it, dude's a dork.  But he means well.  
It's like you don't know my real friends at all.

You mentioned vaccines - so we can change who he is and what he knows on his visit. Can he bring anything back with him?  If so, I’d load him up with written plans/instructions for various inventions - like teach him how to make gunpowder, guns and bullets. He’d be set when he returned. 

Natural history museum, art museum, water park, airport, strip club, fight club with all the restaurants he can handle in between.  I might try to work a quick trip to my doctor for vaccinations and antibiotics though for all I know that may kill him as much as cure him.

Imagine my embarrassment if the natural history museum had a diorama of his home with a likeness of him inside.

Users who are viewing this thread