What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quit accusing everyone of racism, xenophobia, naziism(?), and on and on (1 Viewer)

DJackson10 said:
Like I said ICE is the SS and Gestepo. WOn't be surprised if Trump and company are having meetings on how to eliminate these people eventually. This clown is as racist as they come. His dad was in the KKK and he use to have a copy of Mein Kempf next to his bed. He's Hitler 2.0 and those upset with the comparison is because it hits a little too close to home to their own bigotry. 
For example....

What does my personal knowledge of a person have to do with anything?

Do non racists have a history of saying very racist things?
I imagine many non racists have said racist things, yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
And certainly, personal knowledge would go a long way towards making your judgement and accusations more credible.

Statements make people racist?
No. What is in their heart make them racist.  But, given that we don’t have access to what’s in Trump's heart, or that he could even access it with genuine and honest self-reflection given that he is a narcissist and habitual liar, we can only go on what they say.  

And what Trump says is strong evidence that he is a racist.  After this weekend’s tweets and his astonishing clarification of who he was talking about, there can be no doubt.  

I really am good with this, and I think @rockactionhad a point when (I think) he suggested that the wild accusations about Romney in 2012 helped inure people to arguments about Trump’s own genuine predilections.

BUT I do think if people defending against such accusations provide neutral, positive statements explaining why their guy/gal is basically a norm acting in a normal way rather than just protesting about unfairness. And if that fails the rationality test perhaps the charges really do have merit.

Shouldn't you be calling for everyone to stop using racist and xenophobic language? I think we'd all get along much better than if we just ignore it. But that's just me.

:shrug:
Typically, I can engage with someone using questionable language and find a place where we can both exist.  This happens a lot in TX.  My wife's family is a good example of folks I consider good people that say things ranging from stupid to racist to redneck and so forth.  When I talk to them about it, they don't realize what they are saying.. it is what their parents said, what their grandparents said, what their friends said, what their neighbors said.. their whole life.  Like a child.. they don't know better until I talk it through.

I am able to do that because I don't begin those engagements with absolutes (perhaps everyone is an absolute).  

"YOU ARE A RACIST HITLER DOING CONCENTRATION CAMPS AND YOU ARE A RUSSIAN TRAITOR PUPPET GUY!"  Doesn't seem like a winning strategy in these engagements.

I really am good with this, and I think @rockactionhad a point when (I think) he suggested that the wild accusations about Romney in 2012 helped inure people to arguments about Trump’s own genuine predilections.

BUT I do think if people defending against such accusations provide neutral, positive statements explaining why their guy/gal is basically a norm acting in a normal way rather than just protesting about unfairness.
Here is my neutral statement, hard to be positive about Trump.

People care too much about tweets he sends while taking a dump, when he probably put more thought into said dump.

No. What is in their heart make them racist.  But, given that we don’t have access to what’s in Trump's heart, or that he could even access it with genuine and honest self-reflection given that he is a narcissist and habitual liar, we can only go on what they say.  

And what Trump says is strong evidence that he is a racist.  After this weekend’s tweets and his astonishing clarification of who he was talking about, there can be no doubt.  
You acknowledge that our statements don't make us racist, then use statements as your evidence of a person being racist.  Interesting.

People care too much about tweets he sends while taking a dump, when he probably put more thought into said dump.
And thats a problem.  What he tweets are official statements of the President of the United States. It should be a concern that he would put mote thought into a dump than what he says.

Typically, I can engage with someone using questionable language and find a place where we can both exist.  This happens a lot in TX.  My wife's family is a good example of folks I consider good people that say things ranging from stupid to racist to redneck and so forth.  When I talk to them about it, they don't realize what they are saying.. it is what their parents said, what their grandparents said, what their friends said, what their neighbors said.. their whole life.  Like a child.. they don't know better until I talk it through.

I am able to do that because I don't begin those engagements with absolutes (perhaps everyone is an absolute).  

"YOU ARE A RACIST HITLER DOING CONCENTRATION CAMPS AND YOU ARE A RUSSIAN TRAITOR PUPPET GUY!"  Doesn't seem like a winning strategy in these engagements.
Huh.  When my extended family members say overtly racist things at family events, in front of my kids, my response is typically "hey, I'd appreciate if you not use racist language or share messages of hate in front of my kids.  We're trying to teach them a different way of living."

It has probably bothered a few family members.  I'm cool with that.

Hm, I think that’s possible, seriously. And my feeling with that is if that’s the case then that’s probably the case with other things. His incapacity to care about whether Thing 1 is the same as Thing 2 is probably the same as his incapacity to understand when the INF or the JPCOA has been breached. And it would be nice if say Trump supporters would just stick with that consistently.

Huh.  When my extended family members say overly racist things at family events, in front of my kids, my response is typically "hey, I'd appreciate if you use racist language or share messages of hate in front of my kids.  We're trying to teach them a different way of living."

It has probably bothered a few family members.  I'm cool with that.
Huh.

I have managed to learn about where it comes from and redirect it into a positive place.  I'm super cool and proud of that.

How about when he stands in the Rose Garden and says it? Ya know, with typed out prepared (misspelled) statements? 

Oh and remember, this is a man who bragged about knowing the best words. Guess racist tweets are his best. Shame this is coming from the supposed leader of the free world.

Be Best!

Huh.

I have manged to learn about where it comes from and redirect it into a positive place.  I'm super cool and proud of that.
Congrats.  I'm cool with my family.  We disagree on stuff - they respect my boundaries now and I respect theirs.  No regrets.

Also - I have no love for Trump.

There is just a line I can't cross.

The biggest line that is tough for me to cross is that none of these "statements" are anything new.  This is the guy our country voted into office.  Same dude.

It is all the rage these days, want me to fill up the rest of the page from whatever random thread I click on in the PSF?
There is not much "Rage" in day to day life. I deal with a diverse base of clients in the auto business and never hear anyone talk about the stuff I read here or see on cable news.

I was in France for 5 days, and Warsaw for 3 days last month thinking there would be some good USA bashing..never heard a word about anything.

There is not much "Rage" in day to day life. I deal with a diverse base of clients in the auto business and never hear anyone talk about the stuff I read here or see on cable news.

I was in France for 5 days, and Warsaw for 3 days last month thinking there would be some good USA bashing..never heard a word about anything.
You are familiar with the figure of speech I hope?

Also - I have no love for Trump.

There is just a line I can't cross.

The biggest line that is tough for me to cross is that none of these "statements" are anything new.  This is the guy our country voted into office.  Same dude.
And he was probably a racist then too.  That has always been in his history.

When you aim for the heart, you hit a nerve.

This thread has more replies in 30 minutes than the moderate voter thread did in days :lol:

BUT I do think if people defending against such accusations provide neutral, positive statements explaining why their guy/gal is basically a norm acting in a normal way rather than just protesting about unfairness. And if that fails the rationality test perhaps the charges really do have merit.
I have successfully countered every false Trump accusation.  Sorry if you can't comprehend facts.

Users who are viewing this thread