What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FaceApp viral trend (1 Viewer)

beer 30

Footballguy
Seems to be the next new thing sweeping the nation. Did it ever occur to you that with the move to bio-recognition taking over security access every where this is a simple means to obtain a database of passwords today and down the road as you age? Yea I know :tinfoilhat: but if someone came up to you and randomly asked to get your fingerprints, would you give them no questions asked then publish them all over social media? It also gives the government ready access to your face for any particular reason they may need it and allows them to, with pretty solid accuracy, predict what you will look like in 20 years.

Now get off my lawn!

Never head of it.  Someone posted on facebook part of the terms of use where it states they can do whatever they want with whatever you content you add. 

Seems to be the next new thing sweeping the nation. Did it ever occur to you that with the move to bio-recognition taking over security access every where this is a simple means to obtain a database of passwords today and down the road as you age? Yea I know :tinfoilhat: but if someone came up to you and randomly asked to get your fingerprints, would you give them no questions asked then publish them all over social media? It also gives the government ready access to your face for any particular reason they may need it and allows them to, with pretty solid accuracy, predict what you will look like in 20 years.

Now get off my lawn!
I have no desire to use this app, but my drivers license and passport already give the government ready access to my face and if they wanted to run aging software on it I have no doubt they could.

Now get off my lawn!
OBC> HI :hifive:

My favorite part of this article.

"You should be extremely cautious about what data you choose to share with it, especially something as personal as photo of your face."

:rolleyes:

Every time you walk out in public you are sharing your face with the world, opening it up to be photographed and used for supposed nefarious purposes.  There is nothing private about your face.  Should we no longer go out in public too?   How about instead we wait until there are actual concrete examples of widespread misuse before we spread mass paranoia about every new technology or app that comes out?

Not to mention the irony of someone posting it on Facebook. 
This is always my first question to those that are constantly wringing their hands about privacy. They go on and on about the hardware and software they use because they don't want google tracking them and amazon sending targeted coupons(that they might actually want/use). At the end I ask them if they have a Facebook account and the answer is yes 99% of the time. I used to try hard not to chuckle but now I just nod and move on.

Every time you walk out in public you are sharing your face with the world, opening it up to be photographed and used for supposed nefarious purposes.  There is nothing private about your face.  Should we no longer go out in public too?   How about instead we wait until there are actual concrete examples of widespread misuse before we spread mass paranoia about every new technology or app that comes out?
It really is odd and borders on hysteria at this point. Have you ever used and ATM? Ever been to an airport? A convenience store? A gas station? Your facial image is constantly being recorded and saved, all day long. Nearly everywhere you go.

Users who are viewing this thread