What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random Reasons You Know You're OLD (2 Viewers)

Sleep before 11 pm, even on weekends..

Up by 6 am, even on weekends..

Nap once a day for 20 to 30 minutes.....

hmmm.. everything revolves around :sleep:

11?  Eleven? 

Wait until your struggling to last past 9 p.m. :(  
Already there.. Especially Friday nights.. 9:30  :yawn: .. If I make it past 10 the wife says " your up late tonight". 

Thing is, even if stay up till live pd ends, 11 pm, I'm up by 6am any ways, which only leads to a longer nap.

Not that I am some huge proponent of the west coast,  but it makes a lot of sense as you get older.  All the live stuff starts and ends 3 hours earlier.

Not that I am some huge proponent of the west coast,  but it makes a lot of sense as you get older.  All the live stuff starts and ends 3 hours earlier.
I only visit the east coast, but how can people tolerate football starting at 1, or baseball games ending at 2am. I go stir crazy waiting for football to start at 10 as it is. Plus you have a football game for every meal of the day. 

Also, for more oldness: I felt like I had a hair on my face because I kept getting a glint of sunlight off of it, but then I was never able to grab it. Turns out I just had a random 2 inch long hair growing out of the side of the bridge of my nose now. It is super fine and silvery and stuff, but still, never thought I would need to remember to shave the side of my nose every few months. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I only visit the east coast, but how can people tolerate football starting at 1, or baseball games ending at 2am. I go stir crazy waiting for football to start at 10 as it is. Plus you have a football game for every meal of the day. 
Yes, it sucks. I had a hard enough time transitioning from the CT to ET. One hour made a huge difference with primetime previously starting at 7p and football starting at noon. 

You get used to it but that doesn't mean you like it.

I'll get right to the point:  I threw my back out reaching down to flush the toilet on Sunday afternoon.  Like BAD.  
I did that a few times, most recently on a sneeze and pushing an empty shopping cart back to the cart corral

FWIW I figured out that dairy was causing inflammation and when I cut most of it out it went away. If I eat a pint of ice cream or something my back hurts the next day. Of course that's me and your mileage may vary but I know others who've had similar issues from it.

For your question though - I went to a DMB show last weekend and didnt get home til around 1-2am.  Despite drinking nothing but water I felt like I was hungover for two days afterward. 

Stuff that happened 5 years ago seems like it happened last year.

I no longer own a comb or hair brush.

People call me "Sir"

I can talk to any 20 year old women without them thinking I am hitting on them and getting defensive

On the plus side, and maybe this is just me, I have 1000 times more willpower than I did when I was young (stuff like dieting, exercise, not procrastinating, not smoking weed)

My 4 year old grandson likes to sing kid songs/nursery rhymes into a fake microphone while I play along with the guitar.  Few weeks ago he comes in singing parts of Old Town Road.  He says "play Old Town Road, Papa.  I want to sing it."  I say "do what now?"  

He keeps repeating "cheated on my baby, you can go and ask her" in a broken up 4 year old voice.  I ask my daughter what are you letting these children listen to?  I'd never heard it before.  Billy Ray Cyrus?  Acky Breaky Heart guy.  So I youtube and give it a listen or two. 

Very simple 4 chord progression so now when he comes to the house we have added Old Town Road to the list including Mary Had a Little Lamb, Wheels on the Bus, Old McDonald, Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABC song, How much is That Doggie in the Window, etc.  

Who knows what will be requested by his 1 yr old brother when he's old enough and gets the urge to perform.  

I guess one odd reason is I’m not sharp enough to know that it was just a word in all caps and not some hip lingo acronym that I didn’t know the meaning of (OLD).  “Dammit!  The kids have another new term, what does it mean?!”

I guess one odd reason is I’m not sharp enough to know that it was just a word in all caps and not some hip lingo acronym that I didn’t know the meaning of (OLD).  “Dammit!  The kids have another new term, what does it mean?!”
Random reasons you know you're On Line Dating.

Takes me longer to get up from where I am sitting or laying.  The longer I am down, the longer it takes me to get up. It hurts so much now.  I make old man sounds while doing so.  Once I'm up, I have to make sure my balance and strength are all there so I can then move to where I am going.  I'm 46.  Sucks.

Everything on me hurts, except for my left shoulder.  I'm not kidding.  My left shoulder is the mvp of my body right now.  The hero. 

It hit me the other week, when I went to a shoe store and realized it was the first time in my life where I made my purchase based on functionality over style.  
I was in the shoe store the other day and realized I hadn't bought shoes in over a decade.  My wife always gets tired of my shoes being old before I do and buys them for me.  I had no idea how expensive shoes were and I was at the Nike outlet store.  Can't imagine what it costs retail.

Watching college or professional sports and seeing sons play when it seemed like I was just watching their fathers, who are my age or even a bit younger, not that long ago.  Vlad Guerrero was one of my favorite players now his kid is mashing in the big leagues.

Almost always because of references that younger generations wouldn’t get now. How could they not get the Arnold Ziffel line? 

Hair growing in the wrong places is a big one as others noted.  My gal has to trim the brows now too. Brutal

I took the wife's vehicle to the Grocery store tonight to pick up a few things.  I came out of the store and thought, #### where did I park, then had a 1 second panic because I couldn't find my truck (small town grocery store so not a very big lot).  Then the light bulb came on and I realized that I took the wife's car.  :bag:

Whenever I go to shows now, I have to decide whether drinking enough so that my back isn't killing me after standing for 2 hours is worth the tradeoff of having to make my way to the bathroom (then back through the crowd to my spot) twice during a set.

huthut said:
I lived in CA as a kid and vaguely remember football starting at 10am on Sundays. I couldn't handle that now (I've lived in EST since 1983).

1:00 is perfect, I can wake up at 11am on Sunday, cook a nice breakfast, take time to relax and coordinate where I'm watching and with whom, and then start drinking at kickoff  Then it's 10 straight hours of live football and snacking with 1::00 games, 4:00 games, and SNF at 8. I wouldn't want Sundays any other way.

Young couple moved in next door (late 20's).  I was finishing cutting grass (small 1/4 acre lot in PUD) and all sweaty, tired and putting away stuff when they got home and they came over to chat.  She explained she just got back from her parents house and her dad was cutting grass and she was worried about him.  He looked like he would collapse/fall over dead since he is "in his mid-50's"...  and how it was too much for him at his age to do such labor since he is not young any more....  

I told her I was 56 and she stopped dead in her tracks with a look of NFW!   Her husband asked her how her foot tasted.  

Seeing athletes that you remember getting their start now being referred to as the "old guys" by the the younger guys in the booth they broadcast with. 

Jayrok said:
My 4 year old grandson likes to sing kid songs/nursery rhymes into a fake microphone while I play along with the guitar.  Few weeks ago he comes in singing parts of Old Town Road.  He says "play Old Town Road, Papa.  I want to sing it."  I say "do what now?"  

He keeps repeating "cheated on my baby, you can go and ask her" in a broken up 4 year old voice.  I ask my daughter what are you letting these children listen to?  I'd never heard it before.  Billy Ray Cyrus?  Acky Breaky Heart guy.  So I youtube and give it a listen or two. 

Very simple 4 chord progression so now when he comes to the house we have added Old Town Road to the list including Mary Had a Little Lamb, Wheels on the Bus, Old McDonald, Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABC song, How much is That Doggie in the Window, etc.  

Who knows what will be requested by his 1 yr old brother when he's old enough and gets the urge to perform.  
As long as it isn't "Baby Shark", I wouldn't complain.

Copeman said:
Takes me longer to get up from where I am sitting or laying.  The longer I am down, the longer it takes me to get up. It hurts so much now.  I make old man sounds while doing so.  Once I'm up, I have to make sure my balance and strength are all there so I can then move to where I am going.  I'm 46.  Sucks.
I do this, but I'm 59.  I now feel a bit better.  Thanks.

Seeing athletes that you remember getting their start now being referred to as the "old guys" by the the younger guys in the booth they broadcast with. 
Most of the guys I remember just starting out are retired/retiring. Or in the booth.

Most of the guys I remember just starting out are retired/retiring. Or in the booth.
That's what I'm saying.  I remember people making their professional debut.  And now those guys are the veterans in the broadcasting booth.  

And to be fair, I went back and reread my post and it was terribly written and confusing even to me.   :lol:   I tried to fit it all into one sentence and that was not a good idea.

Whenever I go to shows now, I have to decide whether drinking enough so that my back isn't killing me after standing for 2 hours is worth the tradeoff of having to make my way to the bathroom (then back through the crowd to my spot) twice during a set.
Went to a concert last week and instead of beer I had a Sprite... because it was a Thursday night and I had to go to work the next day and be functional. Told my wife as we were walking out it was weird being stone cold sober and listening to all the crazy conversations the drunk/high people were having.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread