What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random Reasons You Know You're OLD (1 Viewer)

I am baffled by the amount of ear and nose hair I have now.  Ear hair is ALWAYS grey.  Heck, white.  

I have a reminder in my phone to deal with nose hair once a month.  I may need to increase the frequency.  It's out of control.  

:sadbanana:

My couch is very soft and very comfortable.  You can get lost in it.  It takes me a good 10 minutes to get out of it at night when going to bed.  I get into a position where I have to put my head against the back of it (where you lower back usually rests) and use whatever neck muscles I have left to push myself to the edge of the couch, while using my left elbow on the seat of the couch to push.  Then I struggle to sit up straight on the edge.  I then take a break.  I put my hands on my knees and push up, ever so slowly, hearing every ligament in my knees crack.  I make sounds.  So many sounds.  Once up, I struggle to keep balance.  So I stand there for a bit.  Then I move.  More sounds. Don't even get me started on the stairs to the bedroom....

I watch my kids fling their bodies up from said couch in 2 seconds.  #### you kids!

I might have to buy a firmer couch....

Last edited by a moderator:
My couch is very soft and very comfortable.  You can get lost in it.  It takes me a good 10 minutes to get out of it at night when going to bed.  Don't even get me started on the stairs to the bedroom....

I might have to buy a firmer couch....
And a house with a ranch design.

I am baffled by the amount of ear and nose hair I have now.  Ear hair is ALWAYS grey.  Heck, white.  

I have a reminder in my phone to deal with nose hair once a month.  I may need to increase the frequency.  It's out of control.  

I already broke one of those electric pen trimmers you shove up your nose.  Now on #2,, this one has hedge clipping possibilities.

my right foot.

my big toe on my damn right foot keeps twinging from time to time (I think I might have broken it over 20 years ago). It will never heal, I fear.

And now, in the same foot, the outside the foot (down whatever tendon it's called) kind of stings/stabs from time to time. Again, something I don't think will ever really heal. (I had the chance to write "heel" but didn't...but that level of Dad Joke would've also been a reason I know I'm old)

End result of these little foot annoyances is, when I get out of bed in the morning, it takes 3 or 4 steps to not walk gingerly like a 80 year old.

and this is just the tip of the I'm Old Iceberg. Ugh...

Played basketball last night.  No energy to get up our stairs.  Slept on family room floor.  Which sucked even more come morning wake up.

The hardest part about getting old:

Not knowing for sure if that pain you are having is actually something serious.

- Every headache: ####, I wonder if I have a tumor or maybe an anueryism up there

- Every shortness of breath - am I having a ####### heart attack right about now?

- Pain down the left arm. Or is it the right arm? Are my fingers numb right now? Fuuuuuuuuck.

- Sore back - dammit did I slip a disk? Are my nerves ok? WTF

- Stomach pain: dammit, is my colon gonna fall out of my ###? An ulcer? What the hell is wrong with me?

- Slow stream: ####, now I have prostrate cancer. ####. I'm too young for this crap.

Ughhhhhhh!!!!    :wall:

The hardest part about getting old:

Not knowing for sure if that pain you are having is actually something serious.

- Every headache: ####, I wonder if I have a tumor or maybe an anueryism up there

- Every shortness of breath - am I having a ####### heart attack right about now?

- Pain down the left arm. Or is it the right arm? Are my fingers numb right now? Fuuuuuuuuck.

- Sore back - dammit did I slip a disk? Are my nerves ok? WTF

- Stomach pain: dammit, is my colon gonna fall out of my ###? An ulcer? What the hell is wrong with me?

- Slow stream: ####, now I have prostrate cancer. ####. I'm too young for this crap.

Ughhhhhhh!!!!    :wall:
Thought you were gonna say shovel accumulation. 

I can't throw batting practice to my son's baseball team without taking an ice bath and wanting to chop off my arm the next day :kicksrock:  

Talking with a girl at work and she said, "My brother is so annoying sometimes."  I asked why and she said, "Well, he's 12 but he acts like he's 5."

Wait, what?  Turns out she's 21.  

I have a daughter older than her sibling.  :old:

When I met my new doctor for the first time, my first thought was that he looked like a child. I actually have some trouble taking him seriously.

TheIronSheik said:
Talking with a girl at work and she said, "My brother is so annoying sometimes."  I asked why and she said, "Well, he's 12 but he acts like he's 5."

Wait, what?  Turns out she's 21.  

I have a daughter older than her sibling.  :old:
I have 3 children older than her and one the same age as her sibling  :effing old:  :kicksrock:

One of the younger project managers at work is young. How young?

I'm as old as her dad. 

Signed,

Old

42 next month...I'm a little under 6ft now(I've actually shrunk, was 6'1" at one point) and always around 170-180 pounds....so not fat and out of shape.  Took my kids sled riding last winter.  The next day I felt like I was hit by a bus. 

I also take them to those inflatable bouncy thing places and the trampoline places.  Thought my achilles was blown out after the trampoline place one time lol

Also, players going into the HOF that I watched in college.

Another also, I was pretty fast and I'm still ok, but I need a parachute like a drag racer to stop.

Last also...I use to be able to dunk.  No Lebron power slams or anything, but on a fast break I could do it with one hand, can barely even touch the rim now 😣

We have a radio station here that "used" to be "oldies"

So growing up it was like 50's 60's  (some 70s)

Now you put on the station and its playing 70 80's and some 90s.

My wfie had it on and they start playing I think Twisted Sister and i was :mellow:

42 next month...I'm a little under 6ft now(I've actually shrunk, was 6'1" at one point) and always around 170-180 pounds....so not fat and out of shape.  Took my kids sled riding last winter.  The next day I felt like I was hit by a bus. 

I also take them to those inflatable bouncy thing places and the trampoline places.  Thought my achilles was blown out after the trampoline place one time lol

Also, players going into the HOF that I watched in college.

Another also, I was pretty fast and I'm still ok, but I need a parachute like a drag racer to stop.

Last also...I use to be able to dunk.  No Lebron power slams or anything, but on a fast break I could do it with one hand, can barely even touch the rim now 😣
48 here went from a shade under 6'3" to 6'1 1/2.  I've got a bit of a beer gut but not bad.  I periodically hit an inversion table to stretch my back out but no luck getting my lost height back. :wall:

My "PBS Fund Raising Drive" Theory...

During PBS fund raising, it seems they always have musical concerts and such to draw in viewers.

Used to be oldies groups from the 60s.

Now they're shifting into the Soul/Disco/R&B era over the past few years.

Once they start having the Smiths and the Cure and Depeche Mode doing those fund raising "best of the 80s" concerts, I'll feel even older than I do right now at 52. :(

Did about 20 minutes worth of grass/weed pulling on our side yard on Saturday and my back has felt terrible since.   :sadbanana:

Last also...I use to be able to dunk.  No Lebron power slams or anything, but on a fast break I could do it with one hand, can barely even touch the rim now 
Ditto at age 44.  Every year I'd put at least one down at some point (just to keep the streak alive).  Last year it was like a losing NBA dunk contest participant where I was missing over and over until one sad attempt finally went down.  This year it hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure it will.

Also, a few years ago I broke my hand playing basketball.  The doctor told me kids and adults males who 'still think they can play' are their bread and butter.  Of course the doc was correct, but I'd rather be back for another visit in the future than stop playing.  Maybe that's just being stubborn/a sign of being old?

trader jake said:
Ditto at age 44.  Every year I'd put at least one down at some point (just to keep the streak alive).  Last year it was like a losing NBA dunk contest participant where I was missing over and over until one sad attempt finally went down.  This year it hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure it will.

Also, a few years ago I broke my hand playing basketball.  The doctor told me kids and adults males who 'still think they can play' are their bread and butter.  Of course the doc was correct, but I'd rather be back for another visit in the future than stop playing.  Maybe that's just being stubborn/a sign of being old?
At one point, I was a 3-4 times per week hoops player.  Sometimes more.  After getting a sore back after 20 minutes of pulling weeds this weekend I'm starting to think I will never play competitive basketball again.  I can only imagine what my body would feel like after an hour or so of running up and down the court.  Sad.   :sadbanana:

My "PBS Fund Raising Drive" Theory...

During PBS fund raising, it seems they always have musical concerts and such to draw in viewers.

Used to be oldies groups from the 60s.

Now they're shifting into the Soul/Disco/R&B era over the past few years.

Once they start having the Smiths and the Cure and Depeche Mode doing those fund raising "best of the 80s" concerts, I'll feel even older than I do right now at 52. :(
Personally I can't wait for that to happen, I'm getting really tired of seeing Petula Clark & Herman's Hermits. Bring on 60 year old Robert Smith.

still the same old theme...

I thought I did something to tweak my right knee. It was achy and felt a little off.

Then, I noticed 3 months have passed and it still feels the same.

Guess it's just because "old".

Also, I don't exercise or stretch at all. Is that still a thing?

I call it "Nature's Cruelest Trick".

You lose the hair on your head and it's replaced by useless nose and ear hair.  :rant:

Lizzo's popularity.
Who's Lizzo?
Basically, famous people (especially pop musicians) don't get transcendentally famous anymore. Everyone's niche.

My grandparents knew who Michael Jackson, Madonna, Prince, Van Halen, etc. were. These days? There are no comparables today except probably Bruno Mars (and is even he now considered 'yesterday's news' by the types big into Lizzo and Billie Eilish?).

Back in the 80s ...  there was this one little skinny kid on the 9-10 Biddy basketball team that I coached. Smallest kid on the team, but tough as nails.

Fast forward 30+ years. That skinny kid is the principal at my daughter's high school :sadbanana:

I call it "Nature's Cruelest Trick".

You lose the hair on your head and it's replaced by useless nose and ear hair.  :rant:
Eh - I guess I should take solace in the fact that I have a full head of hair.  Granted, it's gone mostly grey but it's there.  

Billie Eilish's song "Bad Guy" has to be the nadir of Western Civilization right?

I mean, things can't possibly get worse than that. Can it?

Billie Eilish's song "Bad Guy" has to be the nadir of Western Civilization right?

I mean, things can't possibly get worse than that. Can it?
Did you happen to see the "halftime performance" during MNF last night?  Some dolt singing about the things he wants to do to girls without her mom knowing.   :rolleyes:

yeah todays music is crazy

Freak me baby (ah yeah)
Freak me baby (yeah just like that)
Freak me baby (come on, come on)
Freak me baby

Let me lick you up and down
Til' you say stop
Let me play with your body baby, make you real hot
Let me do all the things you want me to do
'Cause tonight baby I wanna get freaky with you

Baby don't you understand?
I wanna be your nasty man
I wanna make your body scream
Then you will know just what I mean (then you know what I mean)
24-carat gold
Don't want the night to grow cold (oh yeah)
I wanna lick you up and down
Then I wanna lay you down

let me lick you up and down
Til' you say stop (every time I think about your love, I want to lick you down)
Let me play with your body baby make you real hot (and when you get so freaky girl)
(You know I want to love you now) let me do all the things you want me to do

I love the taste of whipped cream
(Hey) spread it on top of me
You know I can't resist you girl (freaky)
I'll fly you all around the world (all around the world)
I wanna see your body drip (oh baby)
Come on, let me take a sip
To calm what you cherish most
'Cause we're not gonna brag or boast (girl, oh, baby)

let me lick you up and down
Let me play with your body baby make you real hot (and when you get so freaky girl)

Let me lick you up and down to make your body-body wanna scream
(Every time I think about your love I want to lick you down)
Let me freak you all night long and girl then you will know just what I mean
And when you get so freaky girl you know I want to love you now
Let me lick you up and down to make your body-body wanna scream

Users who are viewing this thread