What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife rant (2 Viewers)

shadyridr

Footballguy
I leave for work at 630am. My wife leaves at 715 to drive my son to camp and then heads to work.

7:15 I get a call (CALL #1) that the tire sensor on her car is low. I say ok, goto gas station and fill it with air.

15 min later she calls again (CALL #2) and says she thinks she may have a flat, she'll bring it to station to repair and just be late to work. I said ok.

15 min later I get another call (CALL #3) to tell me there is an hour wait. I said ok you have no choice unless you want to wait for roadside assistance later.

Hour later she calls (CALL #4) and says of course its not that simple. They can't take tire off (not sure what the issue was, I didn't care). They can try and repair tire while its still on the car but have to bring back car to fix the issue because its going to be 2 hours to fix. She starts yelling at ME that she has no way of getting home (I am at work) if she leaves it, she now has to take an unplanned day off work, why cant I do it tomorrow (I took off tomorrow because my son doesn't have camp). I said, ok so you want ME to take it tomorrow and wait 2 hours with our son because I wont have any way to get home either (since she will be at work). I told her we will either bring it back in on Saturday or take an Uber home.

She hangs up disgusted at ME because she has to take the day off work.

So somehow a flat tire on MY WIFE'S car turned into 4 phone calls and her being pissed at ME all before 9am today! Yay me!

Last edited by a moderator:
CRISIS AVERTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sister will pick her up and drive her to train station so she can get to work. Her friend will bring her to mechanic after work (I cant take her, my son has baseball practice). Somehow, she was able to magically figure this out ON HER OWN!

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I get this GREAT info via text. She only calls me for the yelling!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sister will pick her up and drive her to train station so she can get to work. Her friend will bring her to mechanic after work (I cant take her, my son has baseball practice). Somehow, she was able to magically figure this out ON HER OWN!

I don't know man, I think you're still in the dog house here.  

Just curious, and not to get too personal or anything - but you keep referring to him as "my son" rather than "our son".  Not hers?  Could that have anything to do with her anger?

On the shtick side of things - did you not check the pressure in all four of her tires before you left for work?  What about windshield washer fluid?

I am debating whether or not to piss my wife off today.  She wants son #2 to get a haircut.  Son #2 does not want to get a haircut.  Although he desperately could use a haircut, I told my wife why bother getting bent out of shape about a teenager's hair.  It's just not worth it in my book.  Let him have his hair the way he wants.  It won't last.  She emphatically said "HE NEEDS TO GET HIS HAIR CUT".  So, today is pretty much only available time we have for the next week and a half.  Myself and son #1 are going for haircuts.  I am seriously considering leaving son #2 behind.  If I do, it won't be pretty...

There was a problem getting tire off. I am guessing lugnut stud was stripped or something. I am not sure exactly.
Sounds like you (and her) should be angry at the shop. If they can't get a stripped lug nut off, they should go out of business. 

I can't think of any reason a mechanic couldn't find a way to swap out a tire with the spare. That's why they charge $100 an hour. 

I am debating whether or not to piss my wife off today.  She wants son #2 to get a haircut.  Son #2 does not want to get a haircut.  Although he desperately could use a haircut, I told my wife why bother getting bent out of shape about a teenager's hair.  It's just not worth it in my book.  Let him have his hair the way he wants.  It won't last.  She emphatically said "HE NEEDS TO GET HIS HAIR CUT". 
I get this from the wife all the time. My response is usually, "OK take him for one then". She usually doesn't like that response.

Sounds like you (and her) should be angry at the shop. If they can't get a stripped lug nut off, they should go out of business. 

I can't think of any reason a mechanic couldn't find a way to swap out a tire with the spare. That's why they charge $100 an hour. 
I wasn't there so I doubt I have the full details here.

I am debating whether or not to piss my wife off today.  She wants son #2 to get a haircut.  Son #2 does not want to get a haircut.  Although he desperately could use a haircut, I told my wife why bother getting bent out of shape about a teenager's hair.  It's just not worth it in my book.  Let him have his hair the way he wants.  It won't last.  She emphatically said "HE NEEDS TO GET HIS HAIR CUT".  So, today is pretty much only available time we have for the next week and a half.  Myself and son #1 are going for haircuts.  I am seriously considering leaving son #2 behind.  If I do, it won't be pretty...
She won’t let a teenager wear his hair the way he wants?  Seems like a weird battle to fight.

Does the car have wheel locks and no key available?

Does the car have wheel locks and no key available?
If it does wouldn't the OP know that?

Most people keep the key with the vehicle. Otherwise you are stuck if you get a flat tire at 2am in the middle of the scary woods. 

She won’t let a teenager wear his hair the way he wants?  Seems like a weird battle to fight.
That's my thinking.  She likes to be the one in control.  "Kids do what she says" type attitude even when her reasoning isn't sound. 

If it does wouldn't the OP know that?

Most people keep the key with the vehicle. Otherwise you are stuck if you get a flat tire at 2am in the middle of the scary woods. 
I once had a shop not return my key after a tire rotation.  I assumed it was in the glove box which is where it was stored when they started the job.  Next time I needed tires off, I discovered it wasn't there.  Now I double check after any tire service.

I once had a shop not return my key after a tire rotation.  I assumed it was in the glove box which is where it was stored when they started the job.  Next time I needed tires off, I discovered it wasn't there.  Now I double check after any tire service.
Sure. But you knew you had a key. You knew where it was located until the shop kept it. 

OP confirmed that there is no lock lug. 

Which brings us back to this shop that is ruining marriages because they claim they can't get a tire off. I suspect they are busy and have better money making opportunities besides a $40 tire repair. They'll get to it when they can. But, not a high priority. If they would lie about that, what else would they lie about? I expect Shady is about to pay for a new flux capacitor. 

my wife wakes up about 45 minutes before i do every day. 

we have a dog

we had terrible rain overnight

dog will not go out for her bathroom break if there's rain. full stop. she will not budge from the house if she even smells rain.

my alarm goes off, i wake up & walk in the bathroom.

wife: did you let the dog out?

me: no. i just woke up.

wife: oh. are you going to let her out?

me: i'm going to get in the shower, shave, get dressed, feed the dog and then try to get her to go out. same routine as every morning. 

wife: ok. don't forget.

me: :mellow:

fast forward 20 minutes as i finish getting dressed.

wife: did you let the dog out?

me: i just got out of the bathroom. where you were also standing. you were talking to me while i got dressed. i have not been downstairs & the dog has not budged from her spot (in the bedroom connected to the bathroom, which is in clear line of sight). so, no. the dog has not been out.

wife: ok. don't forget to let her out.

me: :mellow:  (goes downstairs to feed the dog and attempt to coax her outside in the thunder, lightning and showers)

of course the dog sits and looks outside, looks at me and then goes back upstairs. 

wife: did you let her out?

me: i tried. she would not go out. 

wife: can you let her out? 

me: she won't go out. i have to go to work. you're here for another half hour. maybe the rain will let up and you can let her out. or the kids can.

wife: but you always let her out

me: that's true but it's raining and she won't go out. maybe in the next 30 minutes the rain will stop and you can let her out.

wife: :hot:  

me: :bye:   :drive:  

not two minutes in to my drive my phone goes off. i'm driving. not answering. text incoming. not checking. 15 minutes later i'm at work. 2 missed calls + text message "did you let the dog out?" :wall:

Sure. But you knew you had a key. You knew where it was located until the shop kept it. 

OP confirmed that there is no lock lug. 

Which brings us back to this shop that is ruining marriages because they claim they can't get a tire off. I suspect they are busy and have better money making opportunities besides a $40 tire repair. They'll get to it when they can. But, not a high priority. If they would lie about that, what else would they lie about? I expect Shady is about to pay for a new flux capacitor. 
They should try to talk dirty to it first.

I suspect they are busy and have better money making opportunities besides a $40 tire repair. They'll get to it when they can. But, not a high priority.
Guessing this is the reason.  They could do these "emergency" repairs all day, but then they wouldn't have time to do the sets of low profile Xtreme Vyper IXs with with custom ordered rims at 200% markup.

Users who are viewing this thread