What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Snopes Thread***Liar, Liar Pants on Fire (1 Viewer)

By the way who wrote that article? I mean it was 50 years ago. Teddy is long dead. What's the point exactly of dredging all this up? Maybe some distraction action?
People like anniversaries when they are nice even numbers.  For me the matter was put to bed once Teddy finely breathed his last.  Up until that time I was offended when he was described as an elder statesman or a Lion of the Senate, and particularly so when he still had Presidential ambition, but now, well it is a part of history and perhaps a matter that is somewhat instructive, but really rather stale and inconsequential to my day to day musings.

I did see stories last week about the 20th anniversary of John John's death and about the moon landing, also 50 years ago.  Anniversaries, people love them and use them to mark the passage of time..  Today is the anniversary of me asking my wife to marry me.

Last edited by a moderator:
NCCommish said:
This wasn't a history lesson it was an attack piece on a dead guy. Surprised you didn't pickup in that.
I'm not surprised. And I find the posting of this to be pretty suspect. Had this been a Republican, I'm sure this user would not have posted this and we'd be hearing about how it is fake news. Sad times we live in.

What they don't grasp is that if a Democrat does something bad, we anti-trumpers would reject that person.
If trump or a Republican does something bad, trumpers reject the findings.

I'm not surprised. And I find the posting of this to be pretty suspect. Had this been a Republican, I'm sure this user would not have posted this and we'd be hearing about how it is fake news. Sad times we live in.

What they don't grasp is that if a Democrat does something bad, we anti-trumpers would reject that person.
If trump or a Republican does something bad, trumpers reject the findings.
Yeah I wasn't a Teddy fan. I have no problem with acknowledging he was a drunk and should have been charged. That the 10 hour wait was inexcusable. Not much I can do that the people still kept electing him.

NCCommish said:
This wasn't a history lesson it was an attack piece on a dead guy. Surprised you didn't pickup in that.
This was well before my time and it was actually a history lesson for me as I did not know much about it.   I have read a few of the articles since, very intriguing and it is quite a story that has everything. Wealth, power, fame, privilege, drinking, affairs, death, cover up.   I mean what more could you ask for?  With todays social media Kennedy would never have survived this and probably would have been in prison. A  Country club prison like Epstein or wherever politicians go but not a free man.

Ok, gee sorry I explained that Spacey isn’t innocent.  
Golly I was talking about Nantucket as my post stated. It was nonstop coverage in the Boston area. To recap and as to not to offend any of the more sensitive readers I was commenting on the Nantucket case. Jeepers I believe he was being played along by this guy because he was gay. Now the charges were dropped and we each have our opinions.

I hope you have a delightful day

Golly I was talking about Nantucket as my post stated. It was nonstop coverage in the Boston area. To recap and as to not to offend any of the more sensitive readers I was commenting on the Nantucket case. Jeepers I believe he was being played along by this guy because he was gay. Now the charges were dropped and we each have our opinions.

I hope you have a delightful day
I am going to go ahead and speculate that not only was he, but that he is still gay.

Are you going to make me bump my Snopes thread? 
I wouldn't want you to bump that thread any more than I would want you to bump the one you have for CNN (which you tout as the "official" thread but has your biased commentary about the network in the thread title).

Someone had a post on the Gary Hart scandal and there’s a Watergate thread. I think this stuff is really interesting, especially if we leave Trump & Clinton out of it. - This is a bit of a mystery but not as much as it used to be. The movie Chappaquiddick is good if you haven’t seen it.

My sense is the Sheriff basically let TK get away without a formal interview which is really outrageous.
The movie is quite good. :thumbup:

Mikey from the life cereal commercials died from eating pop rocks and soda.  
Let’s check the magic 8 ball 

Did Pop Rocks and Soda Kill ‘Little Mikey’?

A longtime rumor is still bubbling up.

DAVID MIKKELSON

PUBLISHED 31 JULY 2000

Image via Shutterstock

Misinformation is a real threat.Snopes.com needs your help.

Learn How

Little Mikey of LIFE cereal fame died from the explosive effects of mixing Pop Rocks candy with soda pop.

False

About this rating 

Support the fact checking and investigative journalism you rely on at Snopes.com. 

Give with PayPal

or Learn More

Invented in 1956 by General Foods research scientist William A. Mitchell and introduced to the general public in 1975, Pop Rocks were a form of carbonated candy made from sugar, lactose, corn syrup, and flavoring. These fruit-flavored nuggets released small amounts of carbonation when the candy was ingested, causing a mild “exploding” sensation and resulting in a satisfying “sizzling” noise kids loved.

Though the confection had been extensively tested and found safe, the combustive candy still alarmed residents in Seattle. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) set up a telephone hotline there to assure anxious parents that the fizzing candy would not cause children to choke.

Nevertheless, among kids, wild stories about the perils of eating Pop Rocks abounded. (Kids love ghastly rumors about candy (e.g., that Bubble Yum contains spiders or their eggs.)

Snopes says FALSE

Users who are viewing this thread