What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading picks in a redraft port league (1 Viewer)

Carlred

Footballguy
I have tenth pick in a ten team league. The person who has the second spot is willing to trade. But wants some kind of compensation. The question is what ?. We do a standard serpentine redraft but have a set amount for auction pick ups during the season. Any ideas or just stick with tenth

I have tenth pick in a ten team league. The person who has the second spot is willing to trade. But wants some kind of compensation. The question is what ?. We do a standard serpentine redraft but have a set amount for auction pick ups during the season. Any ideas or just stick with tenth
Move up.  2nd is quite nice over 10th this year.  Just do the swap and you'll likely have to throw in a pick, like a 7th rounder or something.  Start negotiations with a 10th and see how it goes.  Highest I'd give up for that one swap would be a 6th.

When some one approaches you about trading draft slots it usually means they actually prefer to be in that slot (i.e. the guy here wants the 10 slot). I wouldn’t offer much to trade overall drafts with him - the theory behind the snake is that every slot is equal value, which doesn’t always work out but in theory he’s getting the 10 and 11 pick for the 2 and 19 pick, etc.

Tell him you’re willing to swap straight up and maybe you’ll give him your new 7 for his 10 or something small like that.

In your case, I would go do a bunch of mocks first, from both the 2nd and 10th positions.  If you like the 2nd spot better, study those mocks to see what rounds your willing to trade.  Tell the other guy to give you a few days to decide, then have at it.  Good luck.

You are trading the number you drew out of a hat.  This is all personal preference.  Each draft slot has equal value and comes down to personal preference.  

Did the other guy approach you or vice versa?  If he approached don't give anything up.  If you approached him then maybe offer up odd/even pick swaps late in the draft.  

Because of this situation in the leagues we do serpentine draft we pick numbers to give an order that the teams choose their draft slot.  So if you pick the Ace you get to choose any draft slot you want, the two gets second choice and in down the line.  It works well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread