What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dumb kids thread. (1 Viewer)

bucksoh

Footballguy
Now I know their is a lot of dumb people of all ages.  But the current kids, what is going on with the school systems?  I was at the pool and it was dollar days so one dollar per person.    My wife says we have 8 kids 2 adults.  My wife is waiting to pay, the girl just has a stupid look on her face.  So my wife says it's 10 people girl thanks my wife.  My wife then gives her a $20 the girl then gives my wife $5 back.  So my wife explains we had 10 people should get 10 back.🙄

I then went to get a snack for the kids, different kid this time $2.75 for a pretzel and .75 for a pop.  I hand the kid a 5 and I get .50 back.  So I had to give him a math lesson.  It seems this is happening way more than in the past.  So I'm just wondering what is going on with the youths of today?

Now I know their is a lot of dumb people of all ages.  But the current kids, what is going on with the school systems?  I was at the pool and it was dollar days so one dollar per person.    My wife says we have 8 kids 2 adults.  My wife is waiting to pay, the girl just has a stupid look on her face.  So my wife says it's 10 people girl thanks my wife.  My wife then gives her a $20 the girl then gives my wife $5 back.  So my wife explains we had 10 people should get 10 back.🙄
She does that enough times, she probably gets to pocket an additional $20-25 a shift. 

I then went to get a snack for the kids, different kid this time $2.75 for a pretzel and .75 for a pop.  I hand the kid a 5 and I get .50 back.  So I had to give him a math lesson.  It seems this is happening way more than in the past.  So I'm just wondering what is going on with the youths of today?
They’re attempting to fleece stupid adults?

Older people have always loved to think that young people are getting dumber, or are getting a worse education. This is rarely the case even if public education in America is lackluster compared to much of the world.

Kids have always been bad at giving back change while working dumb jobs they dislike. It's like a rite of passage. 

I think most people who think like this would be shocked to learn how smart most kids today actually are. They just don't care about working a register at the local pool. No kid ever has. 

She'll be an influencer by 17 and making more money than you, your wife and all 8 of your kids.

You made an old person mistake. You handed the kid cash. Kids have no concept of this funny looking green paper. Next time, just swipe your card, or iPay them from your phone, and quit whining about the kids these days. 😃

I used to volunteer for the high school basketball booster club, managing the consession stand.  We could never have enough volunteers, so one game the girls team operated it for the boys game and vice versa.  I was in the stand when the girls were working, and I'm certain we made zero money that night.  Even though everything is a round dollar amount, these high school kids couldn't add $4 plus $3, and then give change for a ten.  Should someone spend $6 and then give the girl $11, full thermal nuclear meltdown took place inside that poor girls head.

Older people have always loved to think that young people are getting dumber, or are getting a worse education. This is rarely the case even if public education in America is lackluster compared to much of the world.

Kids have always been bad at giving back change while working dumb jobs they dislike. It's like a rite of passage. 

I think most people who think like this would be shocked to learn how smart most kids today actually are. They just don't care about working a register at the local pool. No kid ever has. 
Great post though your forgot "GET OFF MY LAWN!"

This is simply not true.  The only people who believe this are teachers.

This is simply not true.  The only people who believe this are teachers.
1. Teachers spend exponentially more time with this age group than you do, but you would know better I guess. (In your defense there are probably tons of teachers who agree with you too)

2. Sorry I can't take someone with the poor grammar you showed in the OP seriously on this topic. Whose definition of "dumb" are we using?

Last edited by a moderator:
Should someone spend $6 and then give the girl $11, full thermal nuclear meltdown took place inside that poor girls head.
They always try to give me that extra dollar back.  I just say 'trust me, it will work out'. You can actually see the lightbulb come on.

You understand that writing this poorly as an adult is ten times worse than a kid not being able to do basic math, right?
I have already said in the past about my dyslexia but being a Grammer Nazi on a  football message board is 100x worse than the stupid kid.  But go ahead make fun of me anyway I can take it.  Makes the people that do this pale in comparison to the dumb kids.   Horrible people in my book.  Only wish we had our ignore back.

Kids today can't give change bc chances are they rarely ever touched cash.  I look at my kids andeverything is on a card ....lunch card, gift card, even video games and the tickets you win are all on some form of card or digital currency.  Kids today do not use cash, there is nothing to "get back" 

Last edited by a moderator:
You made an old person mistake. You handed the kid cash. Kids have no concept of this funny looking green paper. Next time, just swipe your card, or iPay them from your phone, and quit whining about the kids these days. 😃
When did the whole "old person" response become such a thing here? Seems like the excuse for everything. "It isn't dumb/stupid/inexcusable, you're just old!" Such a weak and easy response. Right up there with "snowflake."

glvsav37 said:
Kids today can't give change bc chances are they rarely ever touched cash.  I look at my kids andeverything is on a card ....lunch card, gift card, even video games and the tickets you win are all on some form of card or digital currency.  Kids today do not use cash, there is nothing to "get back" 
As it should be.  Cash should die.    

When did the whole "old person" response become such a thing here? Seems like the excuse for everything. "It isn't dumb/stupid/inexcusable, you're just old!" Such a weak and easy response. Right up there with "snowflake."
Sorry for the lack of sarcasm smiley, as I am one of these “old people”. It’s not an excuse- it’s the fact that most of us here are older and things change. But then again, most of us don’t take exception with it. 

Why?    

Cash has actual value Vs ‘credits’.    And yea it’s not 100% trackable which isn’t a bad thing sometimes. 
I see no upside. :shrug:     Whether its trackable is irrelevant for me.    I don't get cash back reward.   I need to carry it.    It frequently results in coins that I don't want.   

Yeah, some changes aren't necessarily good and should actually be questioned when it comes to either efficiency's sake, freedom's sake, or decency's, too. 

Users who are viewing this thread