What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Take a minute to appreciate how good Adrian Peterson was as a rookie. (1 Viewer)

Keep in mind there were actual run stuffing MLB's on the field at that time in the NFL as well.

If he were a rookie today against all these nickel and dime defenses more or less becoming a "base" defense, can you imagine how he would run wild? Nickel backs and SS's masquerading as MLB's would have nightmares before, during, and following games they faced Peterson. I watched that entire game against the chargers where he nearly broke 300 yards and it was like watching Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl...... in real life. 

So many highlights throughout his entire career.  Hard to pick a favorite.  But him throwing that Browns db to the ground was one of my favorites.  

Hes still pretty good.  But I miss just how amazing he was when he was younger.  

As a Bears fan I will never forget how he tore up a championship caliber defense (to shreds) his rookie year. Bears adjusted their scheme and approach in response for every Vikings game thereafter.

I realize the OP is about his rookie year but in his first 6 games against the Bears he had 11 TDs and averaged 123 YPG. Averaged 111 over his career vs Bears if I did the math in my head right.

So...the combination of speed and power?....Earl Campbell and super Early Jerome Bettis are the only two comparable guys I can think of. Anyone else? Jim Brown?

ETA - Marshawn Lynch... (Also... I was having a senior moment and couldn't think of his name so I googled "Skittles Seattle RB".)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was good thanks! Peterson is STILL awesome!

Clinton Portis' rookie season was equally good, if not better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYtDV-Zykd4

look at 1.47, 59 yard TD the burst of speed is amazing.same with the 35 yarder at 2.30. What a RB!
As well as being an outstanding runner, Clinton Portis was one of the best pass blocking backs I’ve seen.  He was fearless taking on blitzing linebackers, and he looked like he legitimately enjoyed bringing the contact to them.  

Users who are viewing this thread