Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mario Kart

His Dark Materials - HBO Series

First Trailer

This not only looks awesome but will also stay true to the source material, I sure hope as much as possible. It's by HBO and the BBC with a stellar cast. Not sure how far they will get through the first book but it's supposedly eight episodes for season one. Season two is just starting to film. Can't wait.

When I heard they were making this, made me pause and consider keeping HBO with GoT gone. Based on the trailer seems like they are going full book 1 for the first season. Wonder if it’s going to be a limited series then?

Hopefully the religious community doesn’t raise a giant political stink about the series the way they did with the movie a decade ago.

2 minutes ago, Buckna said:

When I heard they were making this, made me pause and consider keeping HBO with GoT gone. Based on the trailer seems like they are going full book 1 for the first season. Wonder if it’s going to be a limited series then?

Hopefully the religious community doesn’t raise a giant political stink about the series the way they did with the movie a decade ago.

The plan is to do all three books. Rumors are it will be 4-5 "seasons" with eight episodes each season but those are rumors. The fact they are reading/filming season 2 right now is promising. The Reddit page has some news. But, for the moment, I am stoked.

• Like 1