What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rule Changes and Strategy (1 Viewer)

Keith R

The Don
Our league is changing from a 2RB 2WR 1TE to a 1RB 1WR 1TE 2 FLEX.  QB K and D/ST are unchanged.

How should this change affect draft strategy, all else being equal? 

TIA

It wouldn't change my draft strategy much.  It does give you more flexibility so you can worry less about positional balance as your drafting and go for BPA longer in a draft. 

It wouldn't change my draft strategy much.  It does give you more flexibility so you can worry less about positional balance as your drafting and go for BPA longer in a draft. 
I'm thinking the flexibility increases the value of QBs...

I think this format - one that allows the starting of 3 RB's - causes the RB position to increase in value over your prior format.  Startable RB's are a scarce commodity and score TD's at a more predictable (albeit sometimes inconsistent) rate than WR's or TE's.  I agree the QB position is not really affected.

I think this format - one that allows the starting of 3 RB's - causes the RB position to increase in value over your prior format.  Startable RB's are a scarce commodity and score TD's at a more predictable (albeit sometimes inconsistent) rate than WR's or TE's.  I agree the QB position is not really affected.
I think the opposite because you only have to start 1 RB.  You can  choose the 1 RB stud and then not worry about it.  Or it allows you to go Zero RB strategy and then you just need one of your late round dart throws to hit and your lineup is set.  

This helps minimize the affect of positional scarcity which is what increases the RB value when you have to start 3 or more.

I think the opposite because you only have to start 1 RB.  You can  choose the 1 RB stud and then not worry about it.  Or it allows you to go Zero RB strategy and then you just need one of your late round dart throws to hit and your lineup is set.  

This helps minimize the affect of positional scarcity which is what increases the RB value when you have to start 3 or more.
I might agree if this were PPR and the WR's had the opportunity to make up lost TD ground on the RB's via catches, but that's not the case here.  The question is not about positional scarcity, but about "value".  No doubt in my mind that the RB increases in value here.

I might agree if this were PPR and the WR's had the opportunity to make up lost TD ground on the RB's via catches, but that's not the case here.  The question is not about positional scarcity, but about "value".  No doubt in my mind that the RB increases in value here.
Positional scarcity plays into value.  When you have the flexibility to play multiple positions and multiple spots it diminishes the value of needing 3 quality RB's to compete.  Now if the scoring system played out where the top 20 scorers were all RB's and there were no WR's to be found then their importance would increase.  I am assuming that is not the case and the scoring gives a distribution of top scorers where you can get WR or some TE's being in the top scorers of the league. 

Users who are viewing this thread