What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Key Lime Pie Recipe? (1 Viewer)

Hey, 

I'm looking for a good Key Lime Pie recipe. Anyone have a good one?

I've made this in the past albeit using Bottled Key Lime Juice instead of Fresh Key Limes and it was just ok.

TIA

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/frozen-key-lime-pie-recipe3-1945602
my favorite dessert.....this is the one i’ve recently used.  for the crust, i’ve bought ready made crusts and dumped them into a bowl and added a bit more butter and sugar, then used them. you could start from scratch as well.

https://soufflebombay.com/prize-winning-key-lime-pie-recipe/

My wife loves this, says it the best Key Lime Pie she's ever had.

• 4 large or extra large egg yolks
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice (appx 12 Key limes) or Nellie & Joes Famous Keylime juice (available locally, regular limes or lime juice should not be used)
  • 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
  1. Use electric mixer to beat egg yolks until they are thick and turn a light yellow, don’t over mix.
  2. Add sweetened condensed milk.
  3. Turn speed to low and mix in half the lime juice.
  4. When thoroughly blended mix in remaining half of lime juice.
  5. Pour ingredients in the pie shell and bake for 10 minutes at 350F and then refrigerate.

My wife loves this, says it the best Key Lime Pie she's ever had.

• 4 large or extra large egg yolks
  • 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup fresh key lime juice (appx 12 Key limes) or Nellie & Joes Famous Keylime juice (available locally, regular limes or lime juice should not be used)
  • 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
  1. Use electric mixer to beat egg yolks until they are thick and turn a light yellow, don’t over mix.
  2. Add sweetened condensed milk.
  3. Turn speed to low and mix in half the lime juice.
  4. When thoroughly blended mix in remaining half of lime juice.
  5. Pour ingredients in the pie shell and bake for 10 minutes at 350F and then refrigerate.
That is almost verbatim the Nellie & Joes recipe on the bottle, except they call for 3 egg yolks. I like it with 4 too, it makes it a little more custardy.

I used to grow my own key limes when I lived in S. Miami. I'm not sure you can still buy them commercially.

I eat N&J's pies for breakfast, lunch and dinner! 

That is almost verbatim the Nellie & Joes recipe on the bottle, except they call for 3 egg yolks. I like it with 4 too, it makes it a little more custardy.

I used to grow my own key limes when I lived in S. Miami. I'm not sure you can still buy them commercially.

I eat N&J's pies for breakfast, lunch and dinner! 
We can get key limes up here in Chicago seasonally.

Basic and delicious.

• 1 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers (used to be one sleeve of Honey Maid's, until the scammers shrunk the package, but not the box.  Now you'll need to rob  2 or 3 crackers from 2nd sleeve)
  • 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
Mix well and put in pie dish and form crust evenly up to the edges of the pan.  Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  Let crust cool 15 minutes.  Meanwhile ...

Whisk well in bowl:

• 2 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk (2 cans)
  • 2/3 cup freshly squeezed key limes ... add another ounce or two if you like it extra tart.
  • 4 large egg yolks
Pour key lime mixture over pie crust and bake 10 minutes at 350 degree.

Chill, preferably overnight. Serve w/ whipped cream

ETA: I prefer crushing my graham crackers with a pestle.  It lends a rustic/artisanal flair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread