What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you doing right now? (1 Viewer)

Yep- another martini and Ken Burns: The Jazz which I haven't seen in a decade. 
I had a Dizzy Gillespie compilation that went along with the show. It was subsequently and quickly ruined. I forget how. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Dizzy Gillespie compilation that went along with the show. It was subsequently and quickly ruined. I forget how. 
Nice. I want to re-watch/watch some more of the Ken Burns docs. I recently rewatched The Civil War and I forgot how incredible these things are. Ken Burns is one of the great film makers.

Sitting at a Starbucks with my wife, drinking a Venti Passion Tea, unsweetened, after dropping off my 14-year old son at the mall to hang out with his friends. My wife is on her Chromebook, I'm on my laptop but thinking I may put it up and start reading David McCullough's "The Pioneers", The Historic Story of the Settlers Who Brought the American Ideal West.

I just told my wife that I'm pretty content doing this on a Friday night. 

Cue the "old" thread....

Laying on my basement floor, watching tv, drinking a gallon of water, sipping a diet Coke, dripped in sweat cooling down from working outside for the last 2 hours in excessive heat and humidity......

Barely moving
Its brutal out there.  I was sweating just riding around on the lawn tractor.

Nice. I want to re-watch/watch some more of the Ken Burns docs. I recently rewatched The Civil War and I forgot how incredible these things are. Ken Burns is one of the great film makers.
i remember Burns's pre-WWI Baseball segments being fairly instructional when I was younger.

Lying on a king bed in a Courtyard Marriot, West Springfield, MA eating Lays Classics and drinking a 16 oz bud Light from one of those aluminum bottles (love those ####ers), son on pullout sofa bed, wife in shower. 

Lying on a king bed in a Courtyard Marriot, West Springfield, MA eating Lays Classics and drinking a 16 oz bud Light from one of those aluminum bottles (love those ####ers), son on pullout sofa bed, wife in shower. 
Huh. I think I know where you are. I'm from that area. 

Let me know if you need the hook up. I might still know people, though that's over the river. 

Just kidding, just kidding...

Did you reach behind the headboard to see if anything’s there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Catching up on the greatest tournament in pro wrestling. Watching nights 5 and 6 (of what will be 19 total by Aug 12) of New Japan's G1 Climax.

Through the undercard tags of Night 5, grabbing a beer right before the main card tournament matches.

Huh. I think I know where you are. I'm from that area. 

Let me know if you need the hook up. I might still know people, though that's over the river. 

Just kidding, just kidding...
Riverdale St, which I’m sure you know but this particular hotel is brand new. Taking a piss rn btw

Wife’s family trying to get us to commit to a cruise....trying to talk my way out of it yet always ending with “I’ll do whatever you want honey”. 

Finished my beer....headed for liquor. 

Watching All Or Nothing with the Carolina Panthers on Amazon while waiting for the beef short rib to finish in the slow cooker. Have Crest Whitestrips going as well.

Wife’s family trying to get us to commit to a cruise....trying to talk my way out of it yet always ending with “I’ll do whatever you want honey”. 

Finished my beer....headed for liquor. 
You should form a family fantasy league and have your draft on the cruise.

just polished off some leftover lasagna after a couple of vodka's... and now delving into the icecream while the baseball game is on

headed for a dip and a poop...

and then likely sleep .. long day tomorrow and I am old 

Riverdale St, which I’m sure you know but this particular hotel is brand new. Taking a piss rn btw
Yep. Looks new. Right across from the cinemas. I'm not from exactly there necessarily, I was exit 40 off of I-91 in CT, which is about twenty minutes south of there. I remember 13A and 13B if I'm not mistaken, though. That was further north than I usually ventured in SPFLD.

Anyway, have fun. Toast to my home area for me if you get a chance. 

Getting in the car to take the family tubing down the Chattahooche River in Helen and then spending some time walking around and eating.  Enjoy your Saturday folks!

Drinking coffee and playing with our new Shih Poo puppy.  Just got him yesterday.  I forgot how much work puppies are. 

Hanging with my daughter In the living room as we wake up.   She is on her iPad playing a game similar to Frogger.  Reminds that Frogger was a simple yet fun game.   I'm going to eat a healthy breakfast in a few minutes and then head to my folks to pressure wash their house.  

Just saw the youngest for a bit and handed him a coffee as he headed out the door. 

About to walk the dog and get ready for a 2.5 hour drive,  one way, for a 4 hour BBQ. Work event so... 🙄 ..

Then we will stop by home, let the dog out and feed him, and then off to a surprise bday party that we will be late for, but that will still crush my liver...

Having coffee while the GE guy replaces the ignitor on my oven. Then have to take some blinds in to a shop to get the little top down/bottom up pulley system thing fixed. FUN Saturday for me, boys.  

NutterButter said:
Maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond?  I'm not sure if you're gonna have enough time.
These freaking specialty blinds, more some sort of honeycomb thing that a blind. Not sure the real name. Have to take them to some shop that works on them. One of them breaks every 8 months or so.

Wife’s friends place. Whenever they are over I give him the Larry David once over.

1 PM  at Bagby in Oceanside CA. Having coffee with my beer. A delicious Ethiopian and a fresh American Cream Ale. Will be attempting to surf near the Harbor in 30 minutes.

1 PM  at Bagby in Oceanside CA. Having coffee with my beer. A delicious Ethiopian and a fresh American Cream Ale. Will be attempting to surf near the Harbor in 30 minutes.
I'm like thirty-five minutes away from you. That strikes me as a coincidence worth noting, albeit briefly. Good luck with the surf. Seems to be a nice day out.

Users who are viewing this thread