What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cell phone car mounts? (1 Viewer)

sho nuff

Footballguy
For a while Ive had a few different vent mounts...none of which work all that great except in my wife's minivan (and even it sucks a bit as it blocks the radio controls a little bit.

Im looking for a new car mount of one for each of our cars...especially since TN now has Hands Free Laws (we both do have bluetooth devices or enabled stereos so we are covered there...just been looking at the car mounts and wondering if people have one they like.

-Im not against the magnetic ones.  Just have not had one and would require either a new case for her phone or sticking plates to the current case and phones (we do switch out cars sometimes because of driving kids around to things...so if one was magnetic we both need to be able to have the capability.

-vent mounting seems to be less compatible for use.  She has a pretty big phone (iPhone XR and a speck case on it making it pretty bulky and heavy).  In addition, we added a used car as our son will be driving soon and an opportunity came up for a reliable car at the right price.  I will actually be driving the newer vehicle and the vents don't seem to work great for mounts (move around too easily from side to side too much.

-I am pretty much against windshield mounts.  Block a bit too much vision and if you put it on the left side need longer cords for charging purposes when that is needed for trips.  Same with cup mounts...our car configurations don't make those cup holder mounts a viable option.

So looking more at dash mounts, if possible...and knowing her car there is not a great super flat area for a dash mount makes it harder.  Though, current vent mount works ok in her car and we can make that work for a while longer.  

Just wondering  if someone has something they really like and has worked well (and if dash mount...really stuck well as some of the reviews this seems to be a big issue (especially in the southern sun)

A lot of rental cars i drive dont have a good surface for a dash mount. Have yo use the windshield.

iOttie seem to be well reviewed.  My car it wouldn't matter to mount it on the left and windshield mount.  So i may do that.

Stick with the vent mount in my wife’s car because it needs to be in reach of the passenger side if i meed her to do something on it while i drive.

I have one of the older iotties that sits like a cradle underneath too. I can't seem to find it again though. Bought a knock off one for my other car and it fell apart within a couple months. 

I'd just buy a car that has Android auto or apple play

So much easier
Sure...but thats not what we have available to us.  Though, I will be replacing the cars stereo as it has some glitches and the new one will have apple play.  But have still looked for options for my wife's car too.  

Sure...but thats not what we have available to us.  Though, I will be replacing the cars stereo as it has some glitches and the new one will have apple play.  But have still looked for options for my wife's car too.  
I said just buy a new car. Not sure how that wasn't clear....  

I had one of these in our old minivan, 2005 Honda, (our new one has CarPlay so it’s a non issue). Loved it. Mounted it on dash on passenger side and had it so it could angle to face driver. Our van was old, so we used my phone for navigation and music. This one is Qi, so you can charge the iPhone X wirelessly, you just slap it on and you’re set. You should look for the ring ‘plates’ to attach to magnets or else they will block the charging.

i buy the ones that you see while waiting in line to pay at a target or grocery store.. they clip onto AC vent.  work fine for me.  :shrug:

Ordered a couple different magnet mounts.  Wifes car has a perfect soot on the console to stick just a circular magnet and then the vent mount won’t block things.

Trying a dash mount and a vent mount for mine...the vents seemed not great for it as they move side to side a lot, but found one that has two little stabilizer legs that should keep it straight 

I have this one:  Dash mount

Pros:  I love that it closes up and is barely noticeable when not in use.  I didn't like the suction style holders because they really stick out and are very noticeable when you are not using them.  So far it has been very stable and has stayed in place.  I really like that it does not block my vent or any controls.

Cons:  its difficult to put your phone in place with one hand.  Best if you put it in place before you start driving.  Landscape orientation is only option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread