What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump’s approval rating hits 50% - politics forum miffed (1 Viewer)

like Larry Sabato said 
Link?

I think you have the wrong guy. Larry Sabato lives near Charlottesville and has repeatedly expressed his outrage at Trump's awful response to that horrible weekend.

He is pro-impeachment, and is also an advocate of the statues of the Confederate traitors to be torn down. 

A thread to celebrate Trump’s often overlooked successes.  
There's no need to create a new thread every time Trump's Rasmussen number temporarily hits 50%.

Seriously, ask yourself how you and your likeminded posters would feel if squistion created a new thread every single time Trump's approval number dropped below 50%.

There's no need to create a new thread every time Trump's Rasmussen number temporarily hits 50%.

Seriously, ask yourself how you and your likeminded posters would feel if squistion created a new thread every single time Trump's approval number dropped below 50%.
I actually think understanding the stark difference between reality and “this is the end of the world" 'tone taken on by most members of this forum is interesting and worthy of discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually think understanding the star difference between reality and “this is the end of the world tone” taken on by most members of this forum is interesting and worthy of discussion.
You didn't create this thread to discuss differences. You created the thread to celebrate Trump. And you picked a very bizarre method of doing that, as if you think that a poll itself is an achievement.

To put it another way: this poll regularly fluctuates between 43% and 51%. It's never too high or too low for more than a day or two. The fluctuations never correspond to any real-world achievement by Trump. If you want to cite the poll as proof that the public approves of his attack on the Democratic congresswomen, then you also need to own the fact that he was at 48% on Tuesday and he'll be back below 50% next week.

Works for me.  :pickle:

I think they’re consistently skewed towards Republicans by about 10%. That’s what aggregate polling has shown for years. So personally I’m not miffed at all at a 50% approval rating. In fact I’m pleased. 
But they are reality because they aren't fake?

Are you claiming they are fake?
They exclusively use land lines for polling as has been pointed out in this forum dozens of times. People who use land lines tend to be older and more conservative which would favor Trump. So, once again, Rasmussen is an outlier.

They exclusively use land lines for polling as has been pointed out in this forum dozens of times. People who use land lines tend to be older and more conservative which would favor Trump. So, once again, Rasmussen in an outlier.
And the polls that cnn was promoting during the last election were not really close...I’m certainly not trusting those.

They exclusively use land lines for polling as has been pointed out in this forum dozens of times. People who use land lines tend to be older and more conservative which would favor Trump. So, once again, Rasmussen is an outlier.
Still real polling numbers

And the polls that cnn was promoting during the last election were not really close...I’m certainly not trusting those.
Weren't CNN's poll numbers for the popular vote and not the electoral college? If so, they were spot on.

And as I recall most polls that showed Hillary winning were within the margin of error (which is why Nate Silver was skeptical of Hillary victory up to election eve).

Weren't CNN's poll numbers for the popular vote and not the electoral college? If so, they were spot on.

And as I recall most polls that showed Hillary winning were within the margin of error (which is why Nate Silver was skeptical of Hillary victory up to election eve).
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/upshot/a-2016-review-why-key-state-polls-were-wrong-about-trump.html

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/14/502014643/4-possible-reasons-the-polls-got-it-so-wrong-this-year

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/why-2016-election-polls-missed-their-mark/

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/315145-one-last-look-2016-polls-actually-got-a-lot-right?amp

And Rasmussen sucks...its a bad poll.  Its not a great representative and guess what, it also isn't like the polling in 2016.  These are approval polls that go back many many years and the aggregate continues to show Rasmussen to be a right wing outlier.  Its been discussed...it didn't need its own thread.  And no independent would keep pushing it, just as no independent would have copy ans pasted a list of accomplishments from Hannity.  This thread isnt about any actual discussion.

His path to victory in 2020 is all but assured. No reason to waste your time by heading to the polls and voting. You might as well kick back, enjoy the tax cuts and make popcorn for his victory speech. Congrats on backing a winner.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/campaign/315145-one-last-look-2016-polls-actually-got-a-lot-right?amp

And Rasmussen sucks...its a bad poll.  Its not a great representative and guess what, it also isn't like the polling in 2016.  These are approval polls that go back many many years and the aggregate continues to show Rasmussen to be a right wing outlier.  Its been discussed...it didn't need its own thread.  And no independent would keep pushing it, just as no independent would have copy ans pasted a list of accomplishments from Hannity.  This thread isnt about any actual discussion.
Of course it isn't, it is another Trump cheerleading piece based on one outlier poll.

I think I should take Scooter's suggestion and start a thread every time there is a new poll showing Trump's approval rating below 45%. It would keep me busy.   :yes:

No shock

record unemployment 

stock market at all time high

Americans spending at a good clip

smoking hot housing market 

fed to cut interest rates, more fuel for the fire

trade war over with Mexico 

if and a big if, we get deal with China, everyone wins big time

people vote with their pocket books

are you better off now then 2 years ago, I am big time

Of course it isn't, it is another Trump cheerleading piece based on one outlier poll.

I think I should take Scooter's suggestion and start a thread every time there is a new poll showing Trump's approval rating below 45%. It would keep me busy.  
Lol

I think I should take Scooter's suggestion and start a thread every time there is a new poll showing Trump's approval rating below 45%. It would keep me busy.   :yes:
Please don't. :lol:

If we had a new thread for each poll, there would be nearly 200 polls showing Trump under 45%, and only 13 polls showing him at 50% or higher (all of which are Rasmussen, of course).

No shock

record unemployment 

stock market at all time high

Americans spending at a good clip

smoking hot housing market 

fed to cut interest rates, more fuel for the fire

trade war over with Mexico 

if and a big if, we get deal with China, everyone wins big time

people vote with their pocket books

are you better off now then 2 years ago, I am big time
Always good to hear from a centrist Democrat  from Wisconsin 

I have used a cell phone for my work, business and personal calls since the late 90s.
Ok...then maybe others do as well.  You should not judge or generalize as who uses landlines.   Older black, latino, asian and whites may all use landlines. We do not know.

Ok...then maybe others do as well.  You should not judge or generalize as who uses landlines.   Older black, latino, asian and whites may all use landlines. We do not know.
Dude, I don't want to spend the time looking for links, but landlines are used more by older white people and less by younger folks and minorities (many of which are poor and don't have the money to pay the monthly bill for a landline).

Dude, I don't want to spend the time looking for links, but landlines are used more by older white people and less by younger folks and minorities (many of which are poor and don't have the money to pay the monthly bill for a landline).
I agree and you don`t have to.   Just don`t generalize like it is fact as we have no idea who was polled.

I thought you were the links master.  

I have used a cell phone for my work, business and personal calls since the late 90s.
Come on, man. 

Landline survey

- only 46.6% of white adults do not have a landline (compared to 52.1% of blacks and 64.8% of Hispanics)

- only 23.5% of senior citizens do not have a landline

Landline users are disproportionally white and old. Trump supporters are disproportionally white and old.

Statistically speaking, if you ONLY call landlines, then you are far more likely to reach Trump supporters.

Rasmussen knows this quite well.

edit: of course not every landline owner is a Trump supporter. No one is saying that.

Users who are viewing this thread