What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Is The Toughest Player In The NFL? (1 Viewer)

HairyGOATee

Footballguy
As you may guess, this isn't a fantasy related discussion, but more of a general NFL talk question. However, there are fantasy implications, as toughness likely does correlate to games played and injuries played through.

Anyway, how do you measure toughness and who do you think is the toughest player in the NFL?

Last edited by a moderator:
lone star has a 5th account now.

I measure toughness by:

TOU= [(quarters played * penalties per snap) - game stoppages dt injury] * (Scoville scale of their highest tolerated hot pepper + number of games won of kicking eachother in the cojones before falling over)

Nigel Gruff is the toughest player IMO. Guy has the guts to smoke on the field. Plus with that leg I doubt hes lost many cojones kicking matchups. 

Frank Gore

The fantasy community has been trying to bury this guy for what feels like a decade now. SF drafted him in 2005 and he was on the team through 2014. Over that span the Niners themselves drafted FIVE RB's in the top 4 rounds. Gore just wouldn't go away. The league is better having him still on the field. People say that you can't use a stopwatch to measure heart at the combine and it may not apply to any player more than it applies to Gore. Or maybe he's just stubborn. Whatever it is he's been great and I only hope that we see more players like him.

lone star has a 5th account now.. 
Tangent. Sorry....

not sure what made me look at this, since I don’t ever care about who's account is who, but I clicked on GOATee's profile name, saw in his history that he put over a dozen likes in a row in this one thread, so I clicked on the thread...it's from 2018 and almost all his likes were on lone star posts. Interesting.....

Tangent. Sorry....

not sure what made me look at this, since I don’t ever care about who's account is who, but I clicked on GOATee's profile name, saw in his history that he put over a dozen likes in a row in this one thread, so I clicked on the thread...it's from 2018 and almost all his likes were on lone star posts. Interesting.....
He resurrected his old 2018 should a commish have nixed this trade. not surprisingly he was the only one who understood the post and agreed that his trade was fair

Frank Gore

The fantasy community has been trying to bury this guy for what feels like a decade now. SF drafted him in 2005 and he was on the team through 2014. Over that span the Niners themselves drafted FIVE RB's in the top 4 rounds. Gore just wouldn't go away. The league is better having him still on the field. People say that you can't use a stopwatch to measure heart at the combine and it may not apply to any player more than it applies to Gore. Or maybe he's just stubborn. Whatever it is he's been great and I only hope that we see more players like him.
Good pick. I like him too.

Rivers is the current leader in consecutive starts, so you gotta throw his name up there.

Another solid pick I guess. Just dislike him since he's such a punk.

With that said, congrats on the Raptors winning it all this year.
I had to think about it for awhile. I looked up Suh’s career starts.

He’s only missed 2 games his entire career. 142 games played of 144 games eligible (98.6% attendance rate).

He’s started 116 games in a row. He’s as old school as it gets.

(Thanks on Raptors!)

I had to think about it for awhile. I looked up Suh’s career starts.

He’s only missed 2 games his entire career. 142 games played of 144 games eligible (98.6% attendance rate).

He’s started 116 games in a row. He’s as old school as it gets.

(Thanks on Raptors!)
Yeah, I can't hate on the pick, I can only hate on the guy's personality, behavior, and antics.

lone star has a 5th account now.

I measure toughness by:

TOU= [(quarters played * penalties per snap) - game stoppages dt injury] * (Scoville scale of their highest tolerated hot pepper + number of games won of kicking eachother in the cojones before falling over)

Nigel Gruff is the toughest player IMO. Guy has the guts to smoke on the field. Plus with that leg I doubt hes lost many cojones kicking matchups. 
-5 points for trying too hard bro.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3v8oz9

how many points for liking 10 of your own posts? bro
Doesn't seem like you can, but if you could figure out a way to do it, then prolly -10 for trying too hard, but perhaps +1, +2, or +3 for the creativity in finding a workaround.

Gotta reward ingenuity, but some things just aren't worth it.

Jordan Reed.  Guy breaks every bone in his body when he wakes up in the morning, every morning, yet he still managed to play in at least one game every season.  A true warrior.

Raptors and Harry Goatee had quite the back and forth there.  That was fast.  Almost too fast... I wonder if those two have some sort of supernatural connection.  They are definitely not the same person. 

Users who are viewing this thread