What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bangkok recommendations please (1 Viewer)

boots11234

Footballguy
Im going to have 4 free days in Bangkok next week/weekend.  I need the following

1) Hotel.  Under 150 a night.

2) Things to see/do.

I am traveling for work and took 4 extra days in bangkok.  Looking for fun.  I like tourist attractions and busy night life.  Wouldnt mind staying near redlight district :)    

get as many legit massages as possible in your trip , so good and very cheap 250 baht for 1 1/2 that was 10 CDN 
beer in 7/11 50-60 baht they cant  sell it from 2-5 
try the street food -- ill see if I can find the  name of 1 of them 
download the grab app 
wat arun -- ill see if I can find the name of the restaurant to view it at night (that's a must)
royal palace -- make sure you are not wearing shorts for that visit
reclining buddha wat
I went to dock 13 for craft beer
jump on a ferry to see Bangkok from the river
soi cowboy is the peeler bar area
khao san road is the party area 
Chatuchak market 

get as many legit massages as possible in your trip , so good and very cheap 250 baht for 1 1/2 that was 10 CDN 
beer in 7/11 50-60 baht they cant  sell it from 2-5 
try the street food -- ill see if I can find the  name of 1 of them 
download the grab app 
wat arun -- ill see if I can find the name of the restaurant to view it at night (that's a must)
royal palace -- make sure you are not wearing shorts for that visit
reclining buddha wat
I went to dock 13 for craft beer
soi cowboy is the peeler bar area
khao san road is the party area 
Chatuchak market 
This all sounds great but I’m having a hard time understanding wtf your trying to say. I honestly want to know as I have no clue what to do.  How about starting with a place to stay?  Then, what app should I get and why?

johnnycakes said:
🎶 One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free  🎶
Tea, girls, warm and sweet, sweet
Some are set up in the Somerset Maugham suite

This all sounds great but I’m having a hard time understanding wtf your trying to say. I honestly want to know as I have no clue what to do.  How about starting with a place to stay?  Then, what app should I get and why?
I stay in hostels and Airbnb so cant help you with hotels -- use booking.com 
the grab app is the asia uber -- you can either order a cab through it or give you a good idea on cast so you can haggle with other cabs and tuk tuks

cheapest place to buy beer is 7/11 50-60 baht 
cheap and great food from street vendors -- will try to find a name of a good one near khao san road 

top attractions
wat arun  -- there is a restaurant across from it that you want to go at night for an incredible view and I will try to find the name 
royal palace 
reclining buddha wat

areas to visit 
khao san road
soi cowboy area 
Chatuchak market 

get as many massages as you can as they are great 250 baht for 1 1/2

I went to Dock 13  for craft beer , decent view and good selection 
I also went to the beer and cider house for craft beer -- no view and another good selection 

hopefully that is better for you 

msommer said:
Check for adams apples and wide wrists before committing
Katoeys may still be difficult to spot with 100% certainty. Also, paying a bar fine is a good thing for happy times.

I stay in hostels and Airbnb so cant help you with hotels -- use booking.com 
the grab app is the asia uber -- you can either order a cab through it or give you a good idea on cast so you can haggle with other cabs and tuk tuks

cheapest place to buy beer is 7/11 50-60 baht 
cheap and great food from street vendors -- will try to find a name of a good one near khao san road 

top attractions
wat arun  -- there is a restaurant across from it that you want to go at night for an incredible view and I will try to find the name 
royal palace 
reclining buddha wat

areas to visit 
khao san road
soi cowboy area 
Chatuchak market 

get as many massages as you can as they are great 250 baht for 1 1/2

I went to Dock 13  for craft beer , decent view and good selection 
I also went to the beer and cider house for craft beer -- no view and another good selection 

hopefully that is better for you 
Yes thanks a lot.  Any specific part of town you’d recommend staying. Close to tourist stuff and nightlife 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got a pretty hot friend who hosts foreign tourists on the side sometimes. Will show ya around for the night. Bars, dinner, whatever (not THAT) for the night. 

She gets 2k baht (~$70 bucks) plus expenses (food/drink/transport) for 7 hours around town. Cool chick. Likes to party. Excellent English. Good way to check out a few spots around town one night. Probably would be a solid wing woman for pattaya :lol:  

Have more pics or info if you decide you want. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got a pretty hot friend who hosts foreign tourists on the side sometimes. Will show ya around for the night. Bars, dinner, whatever (not THAT) for the night. 

She gets 2k baht (~$70 bucks) plus expenses (food/drink/transport) for 7 hours around town. Cool chick. Likes to party. Excellent English. Good way to check out a few spots around town one night. Probably would be a solid wing woman for pattaya :lol:  

Have more pics or info if you decide you want. 
Is that a euphemism?

Users who are viewing this thread