What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superflex 14 team ppr with IDP (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
We can keep up to 8 and lose picks 1, 2, 3, etc based on the # you keep.  My roster was solid last year, won the league.  But looking to change it up a bit this year.

QBs   Watson and Goff.  Love them both
RBs   Kamara and Mack.  Kamara is a stud, I like what Mack can do in that offesne
WRs Kupp and Landry, I punted on WR last year, traded for Kupp 3 weeks before he got hurt.  Not excited about either as keepers
TE  Got Hunter Henry back this year.
DL not worth keeping in our league
LB R Smith, Littleton, T Edmunds...all 3 are strong
DB Neal and Derwin James...both are strong

So, I would like to trade for a solid top tier WR but not sure what would make me better.   I can unload Cris Carson, Kupp, R Smith and Derwin James and still have an elite 8.

Question is, would anyone take 4-5 players, all worth keeping IMO, for 1 elite WR?  Smith and James throw in Kupp or Landry should be enough, if someone actually wants to make their team better overall.....right?

Watson, Kamara, Kupp, and Henry are all great keepers. Kupp was on a great pace last year, is the prefered redzone target, and in my book the best slot wr right now. The Colts have a great offensive line, and mack could do really well but I dont like that he only got roughly 60% of the rb touches. I wouldnt be upset if you didnt keep him. Henry is about as close as you can get to the big 3 tight ends. 

I have never had much luck with a volume trade for a superstar, but its absolutely possible. target the rebuilding teams who have just one or two stud players and a losing record. Recently saw hopkins traded from a losing team for several top 25 wrs. 

It's a tough situation to evaluate.  As snoochie mentioned Henry should be a decent keeper but if you only keep four players that is keeping him as a 4th rounder.  I think I rather throw him back and get him much later. 

What are the average number of keepers for each team?  What round do people generally start drafting in?  What is the IDP scoring in relation to offensive scoring?  How many IDP players do you start?

In a 14 team superflex I would assume that the QB's are very thin so it almost forces you to keep both QB's.  Kamara is an auto keep.  After that it all depends on how the league is scored and your starting requirements on defense. 

I wouldn't keep any DB's unless there is something specific in your scoring that makes it worth while.  You can usually find top 10 scoring DB's on the waiver the entire year so wasting draft capital on them is tough to do. 

I will draft from 14th spot.  

Teams usually keep about an avg of 5.  

You cant win without good idp.  2 dl, 3 lb and 2 db starting lineup.   

I’m trying to get Adams, julio or hopkins    Adams is best chance imo   

I will keep 8.  Just trying to maximize potential in the 8.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I will draft from 14th spot.  

Teams usually keep about an avg of 5.  

You cant win without good idp.  2 dl, 3 lb and 2 db starting lineup.   

I’m trying to get Adams, julio or hopkins    Adams is best chance imo   

I will keep 8.  Just trying to maximize potential in the 8.  
Why keep 8 if they wouldn't be as good as the players you could get in the 5/6/7/8 rounds if you had those draft slots available?  What is your IDP scoring (big play, tackle heavy)?  I am curious why you said that DL wasn't worth keeping in your league.  If you can't win without good IDP then DL is usually a key place that you have to have the upper echelon of players to compete.  DB's are usually where you have players that aren't worth keeping unless the scoring is unique.  When do IDP's start to go in the draft?

Again, 14 teams, most keep 5+, maybe one guy will think he can keep one, get the first few picks and make a good team....it doesnt happen.  I did it once, took A Peterson, and my team still stunk because after that it was just average players.  Take the top 60-70 players off the board.

Keeping 5, throwing back Littleton and Smith or James means I dont get them back, I get players at those positions that are worse, and there still wont be any WRs, the top 20 will be kept.  

IDPs have gone as early as 3rd rd.   The top 10-12 LBs are usually kept and the top 5 DBs.

this is 65-70 in the rankings per FBG for my league

65P. LindsayRBDEN/105.0561

66J. JacobsRBOAK/65.0961

67M. IngramRBBAL/85.1061

68D. CarrQBOAK/67.0161

69R. WoodsWRLAR/95.0260

70J. WhiteRBNE/105.1260

Is Ingram better than Mack?  Or White?  Jacobs will gone real early in draft, Lindsay will be kept, Carr sucks.   Woods is the only guy I would consider, but I could just keep Kupp.

Again, 14 teams, most keep 5+, maybe one guy will think he can keep one, get the first few picks and make a good team....it doesnt happen.  I did it once, took A Peterson, and my team still stunk because after that it was just average players.  Take the top 60-70 players off the board.

Keeping 5, throwing back Littleton and Smith or James means I dont get them back, I get players at those positions that are worse, and there still wont be any WRs, the top 20 will be kept.  

IDPs have gone as early as 3rd rd.   The top 10-12 LBs are usually kept and the top 5 DBs.

this is 65-70 in the rankings per FBG for my league

65P. LindsayRBDEN/105.0561

66J. JacobsRBOAK/65.0961

67M. IngramRBBAL/85.1061

68D. CarrQBOAK/67.0161

69R. WoodsWRLAR/95.0260

70J. WhiteRBNE/105.1260

Is Ingram better than Mack?  Or White?  Jacobs will gone real early in draft, Lindsay will be kept, Carr sucks.   Woods is the only guy I would consider, but I could just keep Kupp.
Do the FBG rankings you show include IDP's?  That may shift your available players quite a bit if teams are keeping 3-4 IDP's. 

Why are DB's being kept?  I have never seen that in any IDP league I have been in.  Maybe one or two for guys that are head and shoulders above like Collins (but then he disappointed in his second year showing why keeping DB's doesn't make a lot of sense).  Is there something in your scoring that makes them relevant over the waiver wire top 10 DB's you can find every year?

I agree that you should keep the LB's based on your lineup requirements.  I also think keeping Kupp/Landry make sense in ppr scoring.  They will be better/as good as the players you have listed as available. 

IDK why DBs are kept, if you have a guy who is usually near the top of finald season point totals, does it really matter?    I am trying to sell Derwin James, esp to those owners in my league living in SoCal.

I havent seen any site that lists IDP mixed in with standard players, I would like to see that if anyone knows a site.  I guess you can manually edit the rankings, but I dont have the time, or eyes, to do all that 🙂

IDK why DBs are kept, if you have a guy who is usually near the top of finald season point totals, does it really matter?    I am trying to sell Derwin James, esp to those owners in my league living in SoCal.

I havent seen any site that lists IDP mixed in with standard players, I would like to see that if anyone knows a site.  I guess you can manually edit the rankings, but I dont have the time, or eyes, to do all that 🙂
It matters because the top 10 of DB's changes all the time and there are always top 10 scorers on the waiver wire in most leagues.  If you can easily find a replacement on the waiver wire for a top scorer at a position then it doesn't make sense to use one of your precious 8 keeper spots on an easily replaceable position. 

Ok, not sure why we are talking about DBs, I will still try to trade Derwin James, his name has cache, and half our league in in SoCal, so they might like local players.   

If I cant make a trade, I'll go with 2 LBs, 2 QB, 2 RB and 1 TE and 1 WR(I guess Kupp) for my eight.

I tried to get D Adams, and his counter was Adams and Samuels for Kamara and Landry and a pick.   Not happening.   

steelcityman said:
Ok, not sure why we are talking about DBs, I will still try to trade Derwin James, his name has cache, and half our league in in SoCal, so they might like local players.   

If I cant make a trade, I'll go with 2 LBs, 2 QB, 2 RB and 1 TE and 1 WR(I guess Kupp) for my eight.

I tried to get D Adams, and his counter was Adams and Samuels for Kamara and Landry and a pick.   Not happening.   
If IDP scores high and you start 3 LB's I would keep your three LB's and toss the TE back.  TE's are easy to piece together over the course of the year but you have three top LB's which will give you an advantage if the scoring warrants it. 

Nah, I like Henry in LAC, finally no Gates and he had a long time to recover.   LBs are deep, and I will keep 2, at least, so I am solid there.   

Maybe offer 50% for AJ Green.   🙂

Got an offer of Roquan Smith for Golladay.  Not real excited about Kenny, and owner has Amari Cooper who might just be a machine this year.   IDK.  Might just let this one simmer for a while, or counter offer for Amari.   Not sure Kenny is any better than a WR I might be able to get in the draft.   

Got an offer of Roquan Smith for Golladay.  Not real excited about Kenny, and owner has Amari Cooper who might just be a machine this year.   IDK.  Might just let this one simmer for a while, or counter offer for Amari.   Not sure Kenny is any better than a WR I might be able to get in the draft.   
I think Golladay is in line for a solid year.....top 15 WR kind of numbers.  I wouldn't have an issue with that move and depending on how LB's score and what is available I would go with the Golladay side.   Typically I find it is easier to find quality IDP's on waiver (or later in the draft)  because most guys focus on the offensive side. 

Last year Smith was 235 pts, Golladay was 200.   Cooper was 208, but we know a lot of that came with the team he is with now.

Would still have Edmunds and Littleton at LB, and if someone gets injured in camp, Derwin James as a possible keeper.

Might counter and try Edmunds for Golladay.   I do like Smith a bit more than Edmunds.

Last year Smith was 235 pts, Golladay was 200.   Cooper was 208, but we know a lot of that came with the team he is with now.

Would still have Edmunds and Littleton at LB, and if someone gets injured in camp, Derwin James as a possible keeper.

Might counter and try Edmunds for Golladay.   I do like Smith a bit more than Edmunds.
I am not a fan of Cooper.  I just think he isn't consistent enough - even with the change of scenery.  I am just not a fan. 

As far as the LB's go, I probably like Edmunds a bit more than Smith because he has less competition for tackles.  Bears are stacked although the Bills getting Oliver might change that a bit.  I really think they are a coin flip. 

Traded Roquan for Golladay, finally.

Now setting my sights on the likes of Julio, OBJ, Hill and maybe Theilen.   Any of them would be a nice piece to add to my team.

D Adams team shot my offer down and I thought it was more than legit.   Oh well.  

Traded Roquan for Golladay, finally.

Now setting my sights on the likes of Julio, OBJ, Hill and maybe Theilen.   Any of them would be a nice piece to add to my team.

D Adams team shot my offer down and I thought it was more than legit.   Oh well.  
I actually just traded Thielen for Roquan, 1.06 and a salary dump. 

Users who are viewing this thread