What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Sign You've Seen At a Sporting Event - Live Or On Television (1 Viewer)

Best one that I did not see nor can I find a pic but...

Many years back the powers that be at Duke requested that the crowds at their home basketball games be more welcoming to visiting teams/fans.  IIRC, the main focus was the “elitist” way they treated NC State which is not exactly in the same league as Duke academically.

So the next time the Tar Heels played at Duke they were welcomed with signs that said “WELCOME FELLOW SCHOLARS”.

Best one that I did not see nor can I find a pic but...

Many years back the powers that be at Duke requested that the crowds at their home basketball games be more welcoming to visiting teams/fans.  IIRC, the main focus was the “elitist” way they treated NC State which is not exactly in the same league as Duke academically.

So the next time the Tar Heels played at Duke they were welcomed with signs that said “WELCOME FELLOW SCHOLARS”.
Schtick is strong. 

Remember QB Chris Weinke at Florida St back in the day...he was in baseball and then played football after so was old. 

Went to Florida St v Miami game (Wide Right III) early 2000’s and College Gameday was there.  

Night before make up a sign that reads “I’m 24yrs old...too young to play QB at Florida St”

Kirk Herbsteit loved it and waved me to the front near stage for some quick camera time. 

Going way back but the bears had a then losing coach named Neil Armstrong.  Bears fan held up a sign saying they sent the wrong Neil Armstrong to the moon.

At a Detroit Tigers home playoff game (probably back in 2006) in October... was bitter cold and a sign hanging in the outfield "HOME ICE ADVANTAGE"

When the Royals made the playoffs and World Series a few years ago, the one sign I remember what something like this:

"We've Waited Our Whole Lives For This - Literally!"

at the Twin cities marathon I saw a sign that said "Never trust that it's just a fart"

ETA:in a honda...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw these 2 guys at an NFL game - one had a big letter D and the other was holding up a gate.  D-GATE!   Such a burn to the visiting team. 

One of my proudest moments, actually...

I had recently graduated from UC Santa Barbara, living back in Orange County, and my Gauchos were traveling south to face the USC Trojans.  This was in 1997ish, so the OJ Simpson stuff was still fresh in everyone's mind.  I traveled north up to LA to the Sports Arena, where the Trojans called home.

The dolts at SC had handed out these signs to the entire arena that said "GO TROJANS".. even to the "visiting" side.  Fairly large signs... maybe 15" x 20", so you could see them from a distance.

I ripped off the bottom corners, removing the "TR" and "ANS", so it just said "GO OJ".  Held that sucker up for awhile and saw the Trojan band from across the arena start pointing and laughing and actually gave me a round of applause for my ingenuity.  

Remember QB Chris Weinke at Florida St back in the day...he was in baseball and then played football after so was old. 

Went to Florida St v Miami game (Wide Right III) early 2000’s and College Gameday was there.  

Night before make up a sign that reads “I’m 24yrs old...too young to play QB at Florida St”

Kirk Herbsteit loved it and waved me to the front near stage for some quick camera time. 
I give it an 8.

Users who are viewing this thread