What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which are the best sheets for a bed? (1 Viewer)

Klimtology

Footballguy
Hey, 

I just bought a new mattress and the salesperson said I should get 'breathable' bamboo sheets.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good set?

TIA

I've got bamboo sheets. They are amazing. I'll let you know the brand when I get home. I'll even send you a pic of me in them if you want. No charge.

I have bamboo sheets from Malouf

Malouf - Rayon from Bamboo

When my wife and I bought our mattress they gave us $300 to spend at the store as part of the sale so we got these sheets.  My wife really loves them.  She says that these sheets and her Bedgear pillow were her favorite parts of the purchase even more so than the mattress. 

The knock on bamboo sheets is that when you wash and dry them, they get wrinkled at the opening of the pillowcase and I can confirm this is true.  It's not really that noticeable but I still thought I would mention it.  I think you can avoid the wrinkling by hanging the pillowcases to try.  The sheets, and fitted sheets don't have this problem. 

They are definitely cool and comfortable.  These are pricy, and I would imagine you could probably find a cheaper version on amazon, but when it comes to bedding I made the decision I wasn't going to be frugal.  I think it's worth it.  I am pretty sure that sheex are similar and can be purchased on amazon or BB&B but I don't have any experience with them.

there was a reddit thread on this a while back and the consensus seemed to be, if you enjoy the feel of hotel bed sheets then get percale.

https://www.overstock.com/guides/percale-sheets-fact-sheet

i love hotel bed sheets. still haven't picked up percale bed sheets for my house yet. that changes now.
Wait, people like hotel sheets?

Do these percale sheets come out of the package stiff and thin from overwashing, smelling like bleach, never stay tucked in, and look like a Jackson Pollock painting under a blacklight?

Do these percale sheets come out of the package stiff and thin from overwashing, smelling like bleach, never stay tucked in, and look like a Jackson Pollock painting under a blacklight?
that's my hope, anyways. haven't bought any yet to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bamboo sheets from Malouf

Malouf - Rayon from Bamboo

When my wife and I bought our mattress they gave us $300 to spend at the store as part of the sale so we got these sheets.  My wife really loves them.  She says that these sheets and her Bedgear pillow were her favorite parts of the purchase even more so than the mattress. 

The knock on bamboo sheets is that when you wash and dry them, they get wrinkled at the opening of the pillowcase and I can confirm this is true.  It's not really that noticeable but I still thought I would mention it.  I think you can avoid the wrinkling by hanging the pillowcases to try.  The sheets, and fitted sheets don't have this problem. 

They are definitely cool and comfortable.  These are pricy, and I would imagine you could probably find a cheaper version on amazon, but when it comes to bedding I made the decision I wasn't going to be frugal.  I think it's worth it.  I am pretty sure that sheex are similar and can be purchased on amazon or BB&B but I don't have any experience with them.
Don't get sheex. I got those as well. They feel too slippery and you can't get a good plowing in. It's like being a cornerback in the snow; you're just reacting and trying not to embarrass yourself. 

I had my GF check, we have the Cariloha sheets. They do wrinkle a little bit but hold up well and are very breathable without feeling like a slip and slide.

Thanks guys!

I tried the bamboo sheets and didn't like them. Too much like silk imo.

I also tried the percal sheets and the didn't seem soft enough.

I think I liked the jersey cotton the best but am still doing more research.

Boll and Branch are too expensive. So I think I'm narrowing it down to some sort of cotton sheets.

Any more Advice/Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Thanks again guys!

I just ordered...

A Sheet Set from Boll and Branch.

Found a $50 discount online.

Thanks again for all your help.

Klimtology said:
Thanks guys!

I tried the bamboo sheets and didn't like them. Too much like silk imo.

I also tried the percal sheets and the didn't seem soft enough.

I think I liked the jersey cotton the best but am still doing more research.

Boll and Branch are too expensive. So I think I'm narrowing it down to some sort of cotton sheets.

Any more Advice/Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
how did you try them? is there a store nearby that has sheets laid out on beds for people to test out?

How did Mattress Firm react when you stripped down naked and laid in the bamboo sheets? Because that's the only way to do it. 

I am hairless from the neck down if that helps answer your question. 

TIA

The Sheets Arrived...

but I must say I'm not amazed by them. Might go back to BB&B and check some more samples.

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

It's not about Egyptian cotton, high thread count?

I'll admit, I don't spend time in Reddit sheet threads like others here- also hairful from sack down, with cornrows.

Did a bunch of research a few years ago and bought these. Wife and I love them. Get soft and comfy, but have a little of the hotel sheets feel. The Pima cotton 280-thread percale is what I'm referring to. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a set of bamboo sheets. They were cheap, but extremely beautiful - soft / silky, not slippery. No problem with the washing machine. My dog chewed a few holes in its place, but it did just about anything. If you have a little extra money, money is very important. Source :  https://www.talkaboutsleep.com/best-bamboo-sheets/

Users who are viewing this thread