What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Flight attendant requires stitches after being bit by emotional support animal (1 Viewer)

Story via CNN:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/american-airlines-attendant-bitten-emotional-support-animal-trnd/index.html

Emotional support animals are getting out of control, but I think the key WTF for me is this key excerpt:

American Airlines last updated its emotional-support animal policy in March. For service animals, the airline permits dogs, cats and miniature horses. Emotional-support animals must be dogs or cats. 
Has anyone seen a miniature horse used as a service animal?

She's going to need her own emotional support animal. . . maybe something like a Rottweiler to bring with her on the plane! 

When your child is allergic to most dogs and cats, the emotional support animals are extremely annoying.
as @Cjw_55106 said, they are just annoying in general. The whole concept is ridiculous, as if it is some actual medical thing. There is basically no data showing it is a legit thing. The only real results are probably because people travel with their pets and aren't concerned that they are stuck in some kennel and suffered no financial hardship by doing so. 

as @Cjw_55106 said, they are just annoying in general. The whole concept is ridiculous, as if it is some actual medical thing. There is basically no data showing it is a legit thing. The only real results are probably because people travel with their pets and aren't concerned that they are stuck in some kennel and suffered no financial hardship by doing so. 
On United, you can bring regular pets on board. Doesn’t need to be a service or emotional support animal. 

United allows domesticated cats, dogs, rabbits and household birds (excluding cockatoos) to travel accompanied in the aircraft cabin on most flights within the U.S.

On United, you can bring regular pets on board. Doesn’t need to be a service or emotional support animal. 

United allows domesticated cats, dogs, rabbits and household birds (excluding cockatoos) to travel accompanied in the aircraft cabin on most flights within the U.S.
What did the Cockatoo's do?

A plane with a complement of gregarious, mellow dogs would be really, really cool.  I'd seriously pay extra.
I have a list of awesome startup ideas and this is one of them. 

New airline.  Everyone who books a flight gets paired with a dog.  You get a discount but the catch is you're required to play with the dog and take it to the pet relief area at the back of the plane when necessary, give it treats, etc. etc..  It's great for the passengers because dogs are freakin' awesome and nobody would be stressed and its great for the dogs because it essentially gives a home to rescue dogs.  What could go wrong.  

Edit: I forgot, first class gets puppies.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Delta, it’s always been a way for a pet owner to bring their animal on board without stowing them. Until I think a year or two ago where they now require a doctors notice that it is indeed a legitimate emotional support animal.

At the very least it makes the passenger go out of their way and likely sink money into the effort.

On Delta, it’s always been a way for a pet owner to bring their animal on board without stowing them. Until I think a year or two ago where they now require a doctors notice that it is indeed a legitimate emotional support animal.

At the very least it makes the passenger go out of their way and likely sink money into the effort.
No such thing.

They have to stay inside their kennel and it costs 125 each way. 

And it has to be small enough to fit under the seat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I am an old cranky man and will likely get flamed for this but IMO the "emotional support" excuse for service animals is BS.   If you are so emotionally fragile that you need a dog or horse to go out to dinner or ride an airplane maybe you should stay home.

Don't confuse emotional support animals with service animals.  They are very different.  Service animals are highly trained.

Users who are viewing this thread