What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite shower is....{a poll, from a guy who loves showers} (1 Viewer)

What is your favorite shower?

• Morning shower

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Shower before bed

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Shower after camping

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • Shower after working out/exercising

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Shower after yardwork

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • Shower after going to the beach

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Shower after swimming in a pool

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Shower after sexy time

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Shower during sexy time (partner optional)

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • I take baths

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other/Smoo

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Hangover recovery shower

• Late afternoon shower before going out on the town

• Total voters

General Malaise

Footballguy
We went camping last weekend and as a bit of a fire bug, I always return from our camping trips smelling like a combination of a crowded subway car in August and Smokey Bear.  Sticky residue from S'mores, tree sap and various camping guadoos tend to pile up so for me, the post-camping trip shower is about as sublime as they get.

A post yardwork shower is also terrific.  I don't work out nearly enough to enjoy the post-gym shower, but when I wasn't a giant tub of albino carbon, I used to enjoy those immensely.  

Keep it PG-13 please, even though I gave you an option that might lead some of you straight into the gutter. 

And I'm sure I missed a good option, so tell me what I missed and I'll add it.

VOTE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a huge fan, just something I do so I don’t smell.

Sometimes if I have a raging hangover a shower seems to help though, or at least i can turn it into 15 minutes of peace and quiet

Ultimately I went with post-exercise.  Which is funny cuz I don't exercise nearly enough.  But there's something about getting the sweat off you and tending to the already-achy muscles.

I do like the post-sexy time shower too.  Kind of goes along with the same pluses of the post-workout shower.

One that's not on the list that I like is the late-afternoon, getting ready to go out, shower with beer.

Ultimately I went with post-exercise.  Which is funny cuz I don't exercise nearly enough.  But there's something about getting the sweat off you and tending to the already-achy muscles.

I do like the post-sexy time shower too.  Kind of goes along with the same pluses of the post-workout shower.

One that's not on the list that I like is the late-afternoon, getting ready to go out, shower with beer.
That's a great one.  See if I can add that option.  

The post camping/hiking trip shower is very nice. A little loofa action action, steal some of the wife's fancy shampoos and conditioners, then sit in a robe. 

That's a great one.  See if I can add that option.  
Definitely.   Beer in the shower is a must tho!

And I can't believe "morning shower" is in the lead.  I friggin' HATE morning showers.  Hate everything about them.  Boo.*

* And to clarify, I just hate waking up in the morning and I feel sluggish in the shower.  It being part of the morning routine bums me out.  I prefer to *enjoy* the shower... let that warm water loosen up your muscles and cascade down your noggin is great.  Just not in the morning, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning shower is great. I use it to wake up in lieu of coffee.

But nothing compares to showering while exhausted and filthy after extended outdoor activity. Especially if you were doing something wet and cold. 

Port-workout shower is just a necessity to get the sweat stench and body oils off. The post yardwork shower feels like a rebirth. 
Depends what you consider working out. After climbing or canyoneering all day, there's probably more imbedded grime than resodding the yard. The sweat and body oils just add to the gravy.

After waking up in the middle of the night with a throbbing headache that no pain medicine will fend off there's nothing quite like cowering in the corner of a steaming hot shower with water massaging your throbbing head and aching shoulders as you quietly sob and beg for the pain to end.

Also, the showers after a day of fishing out on the ocean are pretty rad too.

I'd group a few of your options together into "post vacation/work trip/return home" shower. 

Anytime I'm gone for a few days that first shower at home is the best.

I'm a big fan of the if I don't walk away, I'm doing to scream at my wife for doing something only a woman would do (stupid),  I need to be alone shower

Definitely.   Beer in the shower is a must tho!

And I can't believe "morning shower" is in the lead.  I friggin' HATE morning showers.  Hate everything about them.  Boo.*

* And to clarify, I just hate waking up in the morning and I feel sluggish in the shower.  It being part of the morning routine bums me out.  I prefer to *enjoy* the shower... let that warm water loosen up your muscles and cascade down your noggin is great.  Just not in the morning, IMO.
I'm with you, man.  On the weekends, I enjoy waking up slow, getting outside when it's nice, working the yard, cleaning the garage, etc.  Then, taking that late afternoon shower with a cold beer nearby, maybe even through on some tunes....yeah, that's the goods.

When we bought our current house, we had to remodel/upgrade just about everything.  One thing I wanted was a seat added to our shower in the master BR.  My wife vetoed this and said I'd never leave.  She's right and I resent her for it every single day.  :hot:

My dream is to have a seat in a shower one day.  That's my stretch goal.

Users who are viewing this thread