What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New Not Tim League fantasy football league thread*** (1 Viewer)

flapgreen

Footballguy
16 rounds

9 starters: 1 qb, 1 RB, 1 WR, 3 flex, TE, K, DEF

standard scoring PPR

6 players make playoffs with 2 byes

Payout Structure:

1st-850

2nd-425

3rd-225

4th-100

Notes:

The draft clock runs Monday-Friday, 10 am -830 pm est, 1 hour per pick.  If you know you're going to be busy one day, either leave a list of preferred picks with another member or give someone your cell number to text.  You'll get skipped a lot if you don't do this. Prepare ahead! 

Draft order

1-Jon

2-Eeoman

3-Psycho

4-Kutta

5-Facook

6-Binky

7-Raptor

8-Cheese

9-Bucksoh

10-Cappy

11-Aerial

12-Flap

13-Bananafish

14-JV

15-Bonzai

16-Quartz

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K2RVvGpDrwHRP9GHZUsxBou4lp5Q11hZMkv24CZSQ3Y

Last edited by a moderator:
With this many teams - that many flex helps everyone start a more equitable line up.  

Your face should start 2 flex.  
that's still flexible.  I played/ran 14 league teams for 25 years.  Really need to start 10 players each week. Better test.  You're face doesn't flex at all.

with getz and capella - and eomman dropping out we are at 13 

I looked back at last year, it looks like we didn't start drafting until mid-August, so we have some time.

btw ...getz drop me a note.

Last night didn't seem like you.  We've always gotten along ok.  
lol....  i was playing off your face schtick.    And 1rb 1 wr is dumb.     I'm a huge fan of 14 team leagues, because that's what I ran for a living for 25 years. My guys loved it. It's more challenging than 12 team leagues.   I step up the schtick with you because we get along so well.  Go listen to some Todd already and chill!  LOL

I'm hesitant to start making major changes like lineups at this point. Most of the teams at the moment are returning from last year or further back and have been OK with it.  I don't really have the time to do more than keep the league going as it has been in the past years.  @eoMMan had some concerns in the previous thread that I was open to improving and discussing with everyone, but he's since dropped out so that's a moot point now. 

I'm hesitant to start making major changes like lineups at this point. Most of the teams at the moment are returning from last year or further back and have been OK with it.  I don't really have the time to do more than keep the league going as it has been in the past years.  @eoMMan had some concerns in the previous thread that I was open to improving and discussing with everyone, but he's since dropped out so that's a moot point now. 
No biggy if kept the same, but this is the only league in 35 years I've ever played in with 1 rb or 1wr in starting lineup.  I can see how it can make sense in a 16 team league, but 14 or less, I've never seen it and it really takes a lot of the skill away. JMO.

Just for the record,  I don't care what y'all decide.  I enjoyed the format last year, but I'm fine with any changes.  Either way, this league will be different than my others which is kind of the point for me.  

I’ll play if you’re still scrapping for teams. Otherwise, if this is a friends only kind of thing I understand.

14 teams should be 1/2rb/2wr/1te/2flex
How many NFL teams regularly feature two back sets?  The vast majority of formations are single-back sets.  The obsession with having two running backs is more of a tradition than anything.  Fantasy football tends to emphasize the importance of the RB position much more than the NFL.  I am not sure there is any more "skill" involved, just recognizing that typical fantasy rules over emphasize a position so that there is a scarcity  in suitable players in one area.  In reality a WR3 or WR4 should be as valuable as a RB2 or RB3.  While unconventional this 3-flex lineup make more sense to match reality.  And in a 16 team league with the bye weeks and injuries, it becomes ridiculous the POS RBs some teams would be forced to field.   

Getzlaf15 said:
  I can see how it can make sense in a 16 team league, 

jon_mx said:
How many NFL teams regularly feature two back sets?  The vast majority of formations are single-back sets.  The obsession with having two running backs is more of a tradition than anything.  Fantasy football tends to emphasize the importance of the RB position much more than the NFL.  I am not sure there is any more "skill" involved, just recognizing that typical fantasy rules over emphasize a position so that there is a scarcity  in suitable players in one area.  In reality a WR3 or WR4 should be as valuable as a RB2 or RB3.  While unconventional this 3-flex lineup make more sense to match reality.  And in a 16 team league with the bye weeks and injuries, it becomes ridiculous the POS RBs some teams would be forced to field.   

We'll give it through the weekend to get 16.  If there aren't any more by Sunday, we'll call it and do 14.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread