Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
flapgreen

***New Not Tim League fantasy football league thread***

I’m good with 18. Or if we are doing 16, I’ll drop and Cap can have my spot. I’m ok with either.

9 hours ago, psychobillies said:

Should we just go all flex for the rb/wr/te spot?  Hard to imagine 18 starting TEs out there.

there are plenty

OverallPosTeam/ByeADPRank vs. ADP

11 (+4)TE1Travis KelceKC/1214 (+2)+3

23 (-1)TE2George KittleSF/432 (-1)+9

27 (-3)TE3Zach ErtzPHI/1024-3

53 (+1)TE4Evan EngramNYG/1158 (+1)+5

56 (+2)TE5Hunter HenryLAC/1266 (-4)+10

65 (+1)TE6Vance McDonaldPIT/794 (+3)+29

70TE7Jared CookNO/971 (+4)+1

77 (+1)TE8O.J. HowardTB/756 (-2)-21

83 (+1)TE9Austin HooperATL/9112 (+5)+29

102TE10David NjokuCLE/787 (-1)-15

108TE11Eric EbronIND/673 (-1)-35

126TE12Kyle RudolphMIN/12143 (+2)+17

129 (+2)TE13 (+1)Delanie WalkerTEN/11117 (-1)-12

131 (-2)TE14 (-1)Jack DoyleIND/6168 (-2)+37

140TE15Mark AndrewsBAL/8161 (+9)+21

144TE16Trey Burton CHI/6136 (-2)-8

150TE17Jordan ReedWAS/10152+2

153TE18Jimmy GrahamGB/11155 (-4)+2

160TE19Greg OlsenCAR/7138 (+4)-22

167TE20Noah FantDEN/10169 (-8)+2

173TE21Chris Herndon NYJ/4205 (-9)+32

181TE22Dallas GoedertPHI/10185 (+8)+4

18 is great by me.  Getz's ideas for division structure and payout were great.  I do think we cut roosters a bit so there are at least a few FAs out there.  I also think there are 18 TEs easy so that's okay to leave as is.  

20 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Three Divisions of 6.
Top 2 in each make it on win/loss records. Next two highest point teams make it.   8 teams in the playoffs.

13 week regular season.  Week 14-16 for playoffs.  Div winners seeded 1-2-3.  2nd place teams 4-5-6.  WC's 7-8.

8 playoff teams will keep almost everyone active until the end.

Maybe reduce roosters to 15?   So more FA's?  And better able to cover byes?  There could be a lot of trades to cover byes also, so this should be fun.

Prizes
3 Div winners $150 each  - 450
3 2nd place $100 each - 300
2 WC's $50 each - 100
-----
4 1st Round playoff winners (final 4) $100 each - 400
-----
1 Runner up $150
-----
1 Champ $400

Div winning champ would win $150 + $100 + $400 = $650

I like this better.

18 is fine by me--but I do think we should consider a couple of things.  We should put a hard limit on qb's rostered by any team to be 2.  WIth 18 fantasy teams--that means that a few teams won't have a backup qb that is an actual nfl starter.   Secondly--with a league that large--we should also consider doing a third round reversal draft.  With an 18 team league size the teams with early draft position historically have a pretty major advantage.   

52 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

18 is fine by me--but I do think we should consider a couple of things.  We should put a hard limit on qb's rostered by any team to be 2.  WIth 18 fantasy teams--that means that a few teams won't have a backup qb that is an actual nfl starter.   Secondly--with a league that large--we should also consider doing a third round reversal draft.  With an 18 team league size the teams with early draft position historically have a pretty major advantage.   

I like the 2 QB rule.

Not a fan of 3RR here.    #1 is going to get #36.  That's the end of round 3 in a normal league.  Pretty big drop off.  I'd almost rather have 18 and 19.  

3 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I like the 2 QB rule.

Not a fan of 3RR here.    #1 is going to get #36.  That's the end of round 3 in a normal league.  Pretty big drop off.  I'd almost rather have 18 and 19.  

Let's make the rule you can only have quarterbacks from two teams.  If you have a banged up QB you should be able to have his backup and also a bye week replacement or stream option.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Let's make the rule you can only have quarterbacks from two teams.  If you have a banged up QB you should be able to have his backup and also a bye week replacement or stream option.  

I like the idea that you get the starter and his backup. Necessary for something this big. 

9 hours ago, Capella said:

I like the idea that you get the starter and his backup. Necessary for something this big. 

Yes yes to this idea.  There used to be something called "Team QBs."  Not sure I ever played in a league where that happened, but maybe we could do that here even if Yahoo doesn't support it?  So for example, whoever drafts Brees also has exclusive rights to get Bridgewater (and anyone else the Saints roster as a QB, I guess including Taysom Hill) during the draft or on waivers later, whenever they want to take up the roster spot.  Now, if a team wants to invest in two different "NFL QB sets," they can do that, but of course they don't have to.   

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aerial Assault said:

Yes yes to this idea.  There used to be something called "Team QBs."  Not sure I ever played in a league where that happened, but maybe we could do that here even if Yahoo doesn't support it?  So for example, whoever drafts Brees also has exclusive rights to get Bridgewater (and anyone else the Saints roster as a QB, I guess including Taysom Hill) during the draft or on waivers later, whenever they want to take up the roster spot.  Now, if a team wants to invest in two different "NFL QB sets," they can do that, but of course they don't have to.   

I like the idea if your QB is out or IR, and you would have to pick up the backup on the next FA period possible. 

I detest the idea of a player named "TEAM QB" where it would be possible for your QB to suck in a game and get pulled, and then you get the back ups points because you're QB got yanked.

Edited by Getzlaf15

I like the max of qb's from 2 team rule. We can definitely ditch the third round reversal concept.    I'm assuming we should implement similar rules in regards to team defenses and field goal kickers? No team can roster more than 2?  I can't imagine anybody wanting to roster more than two--but it would make it so that an owner couldn't hoard all of the available ones to prevent an opponent from grabbing one for a bye week.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I like the idea if your QB is out or IR, and you would have to pick up the backup on the next FA period possible. 

I detest the idea of a player named "TEAM QB" where it would be possible for your QB to suck in a game and get pulled, and then you get the back ups points because you're QB got yanked.

I don't like the player-named-TEAM QB idea either (even if Yahoo supports it).  I was suggesting something like what you proposed in your first paragraph, but with the added proviso that other teams can't stock up on your QBs' IRL backups.  If you own Brees, you have some sort of right to Bridgewater or Hill or both if Brees gets hurt.  

• Like 1

Alright, if we're going to do 18 teams, this is how it has to be. I've talked with a couple people outside of the league on the best way to set it up without having to change the league too much from previous years. If this doesn't work for someone and you don't want to be a part of it, I understand. We'll go back to 16 teams and the original format if that occurs. 

The only remedy I have for the qb problem in an 18 team league is limit every team to only owning 1 qb at a time, unless their current qb is injured or own a bye, then they can own 2 that week only.  There's really no good solution to that issue, unless we just make the qb spot a superflex altogether to give teams flexibility on a bye or if their qb gets hurt and there's none available. 

18 teams

15 rounds 

QB/WR/RB/TE/3 FLEX/K/D 

9 starters 6 bench spots 

Scoring

1 pt every 25 yards passing

4 pts passing td

1 ppr

1 pt per 10 yds receiving and rushing

Payout structure 

1st-850

2nd-425

3rd-150

Overall regular season point winner-375

I know this isn't a perfect plan, but it's the best I can come up. Breaking things down into divisions is just too much for me to figure out and too big of a change to the league. 

All looks really good to me.  However, if a team's QB gets hurt, season's probably over.   Did you consider giving teams with an injured QB the first crack at QBs on waivers, even over teams with their QB on bye?  Maybe you implied that and I missed it.  

Can we please add a 4th place payout?  

Having 18 teams and only paying 3 is rough.  Maybe payout $100 to 4th and lower the total points to $275?

Yea every playoff team should have a payout. 3 is rough. 

I set up 2 leagues on yahoo last night.  It's super easy to set up or change to divisions.  Like 5 minutes 

You get a link to join the league.  No need to go off last years site.  

That takes way more time and hassle 

I'll do it if flap says ok.  Flap seems to check in here every 3 days and we should get this rolling pretty soon

Yes to more payout. my plan was perfect. 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

@flapgreen

In regards to the QB conundrum, I think the best option is to make the QB spot a superflex spot. It allows the most fairness without having to overly micromanage the mess. These are going to be thin rosters, so people are not going to be WANTING to start a non-QB. But it also allows me the freedom to manage my roster the way I see fit. I do think a rule of no more than 2 QBs rostered per team is necessary for the sake of competitive fairness.

Nobody should have to deal with getting a 0 if their QB gets hurt or there are none unavailable. I just feel like it's going to be a constant headache making sure everyone has a viable QB to start. Your QB gets hurt? Plug in your next best skillplayer if there is none available. 

Also, let's say my QB has a bye week. It's going to be more helpful to me to be able to just start an additional RB / WR than to drop somebody on my already thin roster to pickup a QB that I'm only allowed to use for 1 week before being forced to drop. Also, it would be nice for teams with SUPER CRAPPY Quarterbacks not being forced to start them against TOP 5 DEFENSES.

Realistically, somebody will be forced to start the Redskins' Quarterback Week 1. Realistically, even with rosters as thin as these, at some point a skill player may provide more upside (especially if you hit on a few rookies). Overall, I think this is the best solution as it allows everyone to manage their roster however they'd like and 16 of the 18 teams WILL have 2 Quarterbacks. The remaining two teams will have to settle for a skill player as a backup.

Edited by Raptors409
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aerial Assault said:

All looks really good to me.  However, if a team's QB gets hurt, season's probably over.   Did you consider giving teams with an injured QB the first crack at QBs on waivers, even over teams with their QB on bye?  Maybe you implied that and I missed it.  

1 QB = 18 QB on rosters, 14 QB's on FA list.

Just can't have two active. We should be fine.   Hurt or bye, replace. Plenty of room to still waive and sign a QB

1 QB = 18 QB on rosters, 14 QB's on FA list.

Just can't have two active. We should be fine.   Hurt or bye, replace. Plenty of room to still waive and sign a QB

I agree.  And if you love your qb and don't want to drop him you sacrifice that bye week.

Either way, with 15 rounds and 18 teams we have 270 picks to make.  Seems like we need to have it hammered out and start drafting by next Monday at the latest to get it done if we're giving people a draft clock of any length (which we should).

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, facook said:

I agree.  And if you love your qb and don't want to drop him you sacrifice that bye week.

Either way, with 15 rounds and 18 teams we have 270 picks to make.  Seems like we need to have it hammered out and start drafting by next Monday at the latest to get it done if we're giving people a draft clock of any length (which we should).

you can have 2 qb's if one is on bye.  You can waive another player.  But have to waive a QB next week.    I'd be happy to run the site and manage this. 

With only 6 bench slots, there's not going to be a lot of room to carry extra players

Edited by Getzlaf15
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TheRealMikeaveli said:

Just need a confirmation I’m definitely in and I’ll send the money. 

Bruh.

Pt4da99@yahoo.com 

Edited by Raptors409

I haven't sent my funds in yet either.  Let me know I'm definitely in and I'll send.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, flapgreen said:

17 people have paid, including me, so everyone has paid up. 

I thought we had too many people pay up and that's why we went to 18. Now people are saying they haven't paid.  What's going on here? :confused:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Bonzai said:

I thought we had too many people pay up and that's why we went to 18. Now people are saying they haven't paid.  What's going on here? :confused:

:lmao: up to 20

3 hours ago, Capella said:

This is great. I mean that. 

This commissioner only posting on odd numbered days and having people outside the league decide the rules is the greatest schtick ever.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

6 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

#newTimmyjustliketheoldTimmy

Not really.  Tim would make new rules after the draft.  We are not to that point yet.

10 hours ago, Bonzai said:

@flapgreen

Can we get some clarification here?  Who are the 18 people?  

Posted (edited)

I might pay 200 if flapgreen comes in here and tells us there are actually 21 people now 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

I just hope we start the draft prior to week 1.  

• Thanks 1

I'm up for whatever flap wants to do.  As long as we're all playing by the same rules, it doesn't matter how we do it.

Flap hasn't posted since Sunday at 9:30 my time.   He was on the MB yesterday at 11am my time.

I'm out. I don't have time for this chaos.  @flapgreen please return my $100.  Thanks and GL.

Flap hasn't posted since Sunday at 9:30 my time.   He was on the MB yesterday at 11am my time.

I'm out. I don't have time for this chaos.  @flapgreen please return my $100.  Thanks and GL.

Stay for the shtick.