What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New Not Tim League fantasy football league thread*** (2 Viewers)

https://www.draftordergenerator.com/

you want to put in as many emails as you can so everyone gets the notice at the same time - so there is no issue of shenanigans

ETA:  here's another one you might like better  -  https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/draft-order-generator.php
Can I just use the 2nd one and put every team name in and it shoots me back the order? That way I don't need to enter every email.  Can I do that with it looking legit or do I need to enter every email in first? 

About to get off lunch and won't be able to manually enter every email until 4 or so. Have to get them from my PayPal account 

Can I just use the 2nd one and put every team name in and it shoots me back the order? That way I don't need to enter every email.  Can I do that with it looking legit or do I need to enter every email in first? 
I personally dont care - would rather get it rolling. just screen shot it or something.

Ok, just so we're straight: 1 qb, 1 rb, 1wr, 1 te, 3 flex (no qb), 1 k, 1 dst.  PPR.  Correct?  And Jon's on the clock.  

Can we please add a 4th place payout?  

Having 18 teams and only paying 3 is rough.  Maybe payout $100 to 4th and lower the total points to $275?
@flapgreen

Can you post the payouts now with it being 16 teams?  Are will still only doing 3 places?

What about something like....

1st place - $600

2nd place - $450

3rd place - $200

4th place - $100

Total points - $250

I'm ready whenever.  Are we doing 1 hr per pick during the work day?

Wow, this is actually happening

Would, as mentioned initially, prefer a little more than 1 hour per pick as I'm on Pacific time and not always available during the work day and of course I'm traveling Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat.  Sigh.  Three or four hours per pick would help with that.  Or maybe people can just give me and anyone else who needs it a little consideration of a few hours when needed. 

OTOH I realize we're sort of up against the clock now.  Not sure how many bench spots we landed on, but if it's 16 teams and 16 rooster positions, that's 256 picks, so . . . enh, yeah.  We need to make about 18 picks a day.  Argh, I can hear my team sucking from here as I miss picks.  But who cares.  I'm glad this is going forward.  :)  

@flapgreen

Can you post the payouts now with it being 16 teams?  Are will still only doing 3 places?

1st place - $600

2nd place - $450

3rd place - $200

4th place - $100

Total points - $250
2nd place is too much ...

ETA:  if we feel compelled to add a 4th place payout just adjust 1st to $700 and 2nd $350.  Don't we do regular season first place instead of high points for the additional $250 prize money?

Last edited by a moderator:

Would, as mentioned initially, prefer a little more than 1 hour per pick as I'm on Pacific time and not always available during the work day and of course I'm traveling Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat.  Sigh.  Three or four hours per pick would help with that.  Or maybe people can just give me and anyone else who needs it a little consideration of a few hours when needed. 

OTOH I realize we're sort of up against the clock now.  Not sure how many bench spots we landed on, but if it's 16 teams and 16 rooster positions, that's 256 picks, so . . . enh, yeah.  We need to make about 18 picks a day.  Argh, I can hear my team sucking from here as I miss picks.  But who cares.  I'm glad this is going forward.  :)  
Not sure how to handle that, but a lot of the picks will happen within a few minutes.  It was helpful to me to have one person who is watching closely text me when it was my turn.

We can start today with no clock. Don't pressure those who don't know what's going on yet that they need to hurry up, though. I'll PM everyone later. I'll post the rules again later 
Starting today would be helpful.  Is someone willing to take a pre-pick queue for me from time to time during the draft? 

We'll hash it out tonight with the exact rules. Basically the same as previous years. I'll copy and paste from last year 

SettingValue

League ID#:613048

League Name:Tim Leeg

Auto-renew Enabled:Yes

Draft Type:Offline Draft

Cash League Settings:Not a cash league

Max Teams:16

Scoring Type:Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on:Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider:Yahoo Sports

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:No maximum

Max Acquisitions per Week:No maximum

Max Trades for Entire SeasonNo maximum

Trade End Date:November 9, 2019

Allow Draft Pick Trades:No

Trade Review:None

Waiver Time:2 days

Waiver Type:Continual rolling list

Weekly WaiversGame Time - Tuesday

Post Draft Players:Follow Waiver Rules

Invite Sharing Tools:Enabled

Playoffs:Week 14, 15, and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 17 to Dec 23

Playoff Tie-Breaker:Higher seed wins

Playoff Reseeding:No

Divisions:No

Lock Eliminated Teams:No

League Pickem:Yes

Roster Positions:QB, WR, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Fractional Points:Yes

Negative Points:Yes

Make League Publicly Viewable:No

Invite Permissions:Commissioner Only

OffenseLeague ValueYahoo Default Value

Passing Yards25 yards per point

Passing Touchdowns4

Interceptions-1

Rushing Yards10 yards per point

Rushing Touchdowns6

Receptions10.5

Receiving Yards10 yards per point

Receiving Touchdowns6

2-Point Conversions2

Fumbles Lost-2

Offensive Fumble Return TD6

KickersLeague ValueYahoo Default Value

Field Goals 0-19 Yards3

Field Goals 20-29 Yards3

Field Goals 30-39 Yards3

Field Goals 40-49 Yards4

Field Goals 50+ Yards5

Point After Attempt Made1

Defense/Special TeamsLeague ValueYahoo Default Value

Sack1

Interception2

Fumble Recovery2

Touchdown6

Safety2

Block Kick2

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns6

Points Allowed 0 points10

Points Allowed 1-6 points7

Points Allowed 7-13 points4

Points Allowed 14-20 points1

Points Allowed 21-27 points0

Points Allowed 28-34 points-1

Points Allowed 35+ points-4

Extra Point Returned2

SettingValue

League ID#:613048

League Name:Tim Leeg

Auto-renew Enabled:Yes

Draft Type:Offline Draft

Cash League Settings:Not a cash league

Max Teams:16

Scoring Type:Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on:Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider:Yahoo Sports

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:No maximum

Max Acquisitions per Week:No maximum

Max Trades for Entire SeasonNo maximum

Trade End Date:November 9, 2019

Allow Draft Pick Trades:No

Trade Review:None

Waiver Time:2 days

Waiver Type:Continual rolling list

Weekly WaiversGame Time - Tuesday

Post Draft Players:Follow Waiver Rules

Invite Sharing Tools:Enabled

Playoffs:Week 14, 15, and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 17 to Dec 23

Playoff Tie-Breaker:Higher seed wins

Playoff Reseeding:No

Divisions:No

Lock Eliminated Teams:No

League Pickem:Yes

Roster Positions:QB, WR, RB, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Fractional Points:Yes

Negative Points:Yes

Make League Publicly Viewable:No

Invite Permissions:Commissioner Only
I'll delete the old teams and invite the new ones tonight. 

flapgreen said:
I'm really sorry, Mik.  I'm going to have to close it at 16.  Again, I take full responsibility for the mix-up.  You showed interest multiple times and I asked you multiple times if you were in.  There's just too much difference in opinion at this point to expand back to the idea of 18, though.  I have to make the call now, so the league can go forward.  If you're still around next year and want a spot, you've got it. Again, I apologize for the confusion. 
That sucks. But what we need here is leadership, and flap is showing it. 

Let's get it going!

eoMMan said:
@flapgreen

1st place - $600

2nd place - $450

3rd place - $200

4th place - $100

Total points - $250
I don't like this payout structure at all. I can get better 1st / 2nd place payouts in a 12 team league with significantly better odds. This is the fantasy football equivalent of "everybody gets a trophy". 1st Place should get HALF the pot or else what's the point? Also 4th place prize? They don't deserve anything, imo.

You literally have MORE PRIZE MONEY dedicated to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and points winner ($1,000) than you do 1st place ($600). It's gotta be at least $800 to 1st place and the remaining $800 split between the rest of the so called "winners".

1st Place: $800
2nd Place: $400
3rd Place: $200

Total Points: $200

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know how to get in touch with @jon_mx?  

If he doesn't check in tonight and finds out he got passed after the first hour of the draft starting tomorrow morning ...he's going to be very unhappy.  

anyone know how to get in touch with @jon_mx?  

If he doesn't check in tonight and finds out he got passed after the first hour of the draft starting tomorrow morning ...he's going to be very unhappy.  
He was on the board as recently as 1 hour ago.  He's been tagged a couple of times now.  Not sure how he's missed that.

I don't like this payout structure at all. I can get better 1st / 2nd place payouts in a 12 team league with significantly better odds. This is the fantasy football equivalent of "everybody gets a trophy". 1st Place should get HALF the pot or else what's the point? Also 4th place prize? They don't deserve anything, imo.

You literally have MORE PRIZE MONEY dedicated to 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and points winner ($1,000) than you do 1st place ($600). It's gotta be at least $800 to 1st place and the remaining $800 split between the rest of the so called "winners".

1st Place: $800
2nd Place: $400
3rd Place: $200

Total Points: $200
I'll put in the final payout structure tonight. Will be very similar to last year with maybe a couple small tweaks. Not everyone will be happy but that's life. 

I just like the idea of 4th getting their money back. 16 teams...paying out 4 isn't that bad.
Raptor was correct in the payout from last year. I'm much more open to the idea of paying out the regular season points winner than 4th place.  You could conceivably make the playoffs and not win a single game and get your money back finishing in 4th.  I'll post the final payout structure here in a few and send out a pm to everyone about when draft starts. 

Have we set the times where people are on the clock?

Kind of tough enforcing anything too soon until everyone realizes the draft has started and what the limits and boundaries are. 

Draft has normally been from 10 am - 7 pm est.  I don't want to make the draft earlier, due to the west coast guys, but I would like to make it a little later. 7 always seemed very early to me. How about 830 pm eastern as an ending time? Draft doesn't official start tomorrow until I get a response from everyone that they know it's starting tomorrow. 

Kind of tough enforcing anything too soon until everyone realizes the draft has started and what the limits and boundaries are. 
Not yet.  Just know the clock doesn't start til tomorrow. 
Yeah I'm just bustin balls jon.  Flap was clear the clock starts tomorrow and we can't pressure people today.  I'm glad we're off and running.

Once I get a response from everyone and they check in here, I'll set the official start time. 

Users who are viewing this thread