What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where does Cinderella rank in greatest "hair band" rock groups of all time? (1 Viewer)

I thought while in his prime, the Keifer dude had a pretty cool voice, although his style of singing seemed to take its toll on his vocal chords.   I think he had to have surgery of some kind back in the day.   I used to dig the song Gimme Shelter a bunch back when it came out.  

The lead guitarist hair alone puts them in the top 5. Saw them in high school couldn't believe anyone could have that much of a fro and not have it collapse under it's own weight.

Cinderella is one of the few bands, where a large number of their songs stand the test of time.  I still listen to a bunch of hair metal, but a lot of it I listen to for the nostalgia.  While I enjoy it still, it does sound dated.  A lot of Cinderella's stuff just sounds like good, timeless, bluesy rock and roll.

What about Twisted Sister, Whitesnake, Warrant, Quiet Riot? Some consider Bon Jovi a hair band. Also Def Leppard gets called a hair band at times.
What about them?

Twisted Sister is hard Rock.

Whitesnake is rooted in it's Deep Purple past.

Warrant is just terrible.

Quiet Riot is heavy metal.

Bon Jovi.... Close but too pop.

Calling Def Leppard a hair band is a disservice to them and the term. They were an awesome rock band until they went pop with Hysteria (a great album nonetheless).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cinderella is one of the few bands, where a large number of their songs stand the test of time.  I still listen to a bunch of hair metal, but a lot of it I listen to for the nostalgia.  While I enjoy it still, it does sound dated.  A lot of Cinderella's stuff just sounds like good, timeless, bluesy rock and roll.
I was not in to hair bands at all when all of my friends were.  Cinderella was one of the only ones I liked (and Skid Row and Crue).  I still can't stand the rest.

What about them?

Calling Def Leppard a hair band is a disservice to them and the term. They were an awesome rock band until they went pop with Hysteria (a great album nonetheless).
I disagree violently with your ranking Poison ahead of Motley Crue, but this post makes up for it.

If Crue is a hair band then it's (in no particular order)...

Poison

Motley Crue

Cinderella

Ratt

What about them?

This guy knows things imo

Poison and MC 1a and 1b imo

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense intended to Andy, but stating Motley Crue and Poison are two of the top hair bands of all time isn't exactly going out on a limb. 

Users who are viewing this thread