What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Farmers help stricken fellow Farmer: American Spirit still lives (1 Viewer)

:thumbup:   My friend's dad died in a vehicle accident shortly before harvest.  Terrible circumstances, but the community support was amazing.  Pretty cool seeing 8 combines harvesting in formation.

Another great story of rural America helping each other out. From FB:

Nick Diemel (35] and his younger brother, Justin Diemel (24), are farmers from Seymour, Wisconsin. They traveled to Missouri to purchase cattle. Missing for 6 days the are now presumed victims of homicide.

The Outagamie County Fair is held in Seymour. Last evening was the livestock auction. 4H youth learn many life lessons by participating in the fair. Multitudes of local businesses, big and small, support kids by purchasing their animals during the auction, which was held last evening.

Pigs historically sell for $3-$7 per pound. One young man put his pig in the auction pledging proceeds from the sale to the Diemel families. The bidding quickly took on an ethereal tone with tens of bidders holding their paddles perpetually in the air, culminating in a final bid of $42 per pound. The auctioneer could scarcely speak the final bid through his sobs.

Rural America at its finest. Proud to be the mother, mother-in-law and Grandma of 4H folks. Proud to be an eyewitness to the life lessons they are learning and participating in. So many unsung heroes in the volunteers who selflessly impact the lives of young people.❤

See it time and time again. Communities helping each other. Happened big time in Thousand Oaks after the Borderline tragedy. Lemonade stands bringing in $50+K to help the affected families. 

Farmer with Stage 4 Cancer gets help to harvest his wheat crop from 60 fellow farmers.   3 weeks of work done in 6 hours.

I love these kind of stories.   This is what we are really about.

This is a FFA story so please do not pollute this with any political or PSF  BS.
I hate these kind of stories. This isn't the type of story we should be seeing. I'll stay away from the political aspect as much as possible but stories like these and 12 year old kid or whoever selling his game system to help pay for a new car for mom is just sad. Kids shouldn't have to help pay bills and stuff and Farmers shouldn't need their neighbors to help in time of need. Not trying to be a buzz kill here just speaking some truth. 

I hate these kind of stories. This isn't the type of story we should be seeing. I'll stay away from the political aspect as much as possible but stories like these and 12 year old kid or whoever selling his game system to help pay for a new car for mom is just sad. Kids shouldn't have to help pay bills and stuff and Farmers shouldn't need their neighbors to help in time of need. Not trying to be a buzz kill here just speaking some truth. 
You know the more I think about you are so right.  Why give up a day off when you could be golfing to help a neighbor who is terminally ill and can`t work harvest 1200 acres of his crop?  If he can`t do the job himself screw him and let the crop wither and go to waste!.

You woke me. :thumbup:

You know the more I think about you are so right.  Why give up a day off when you could be golfing to help a neighbor who is terminally ill and can`t work harvest 1200 acres of his crop?  If he can`t do the job himself screw him and let the crop wither and go to waste!.

You woke me. :thumbup:
Nope I'm just saying people shouldn't have to suffer like this if our government as a whole did the right thing in these situations. I'm glad the neighbors helped thats not the issue. The issue is the fact this guy couldn't afford to hire help because of medical expenses so the neighbors did the right thing and stepped in. These "feel good stories" as they are called aren't as black and white as you think sometimes. 

What in the blue hell is wrong with you?

Users who are viewing this thread