What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (4 Viewers)

I can't imagine going to a playoff game in the opposing teams stadium.  If your team loses, you'll be ridiculed relentlessly.  And if they win, I'd be afraid of angry drunks looking to exact some revenge.  Lose-lose.
Some are worse than others but if you go (especially in NY or Boston), just don't wear any team merchandise.  I wore an Astros hat at Yankee Stadium (2017 ALCS)  knowing the #### storm it would cause.   I took some solace because the seats were good and that I could take the hat off at anytime.   If you're in the bleachers,  you don't have much value for your life.  After the first few innings and the struggle just to wait out the concession line, I never left my seat and I sure as hell took it off after the game on the subway ride home.  

In Houston, the fans are pretty friendly and non confrontational.  You'll get some gentle teasing or the occasional drunk talking smack but that's about it.  I'd think National fans would be somewhere in between Houston and Boston.   You'll be fine Sheik.  

Why do people still cry about stealing signs?
Don't like the opposition seeing your signals? Do a better job of concealing it. These dummies are crying like pitches are top secret information.

With the Nats going to the WS, that leaves just one MLB team to have never appeared there.  And given their current roster, they ain't getting there any time soon.  Epitome of ineptitude.  
Have faith, GM.  It can happen. The Astros are proof of that.  The "DisAstros" weren't that long ago.

So the High Wind Warning for The Bronx expires at 6pm.  That gives a good 2 hours between the worst wind and gametime.  I'm not very knowledgeable to how the wind blows through Yankee Stadium, but the beginning of the game will see winds around 20mph with gusts near 30mph.  And that will drop as the game goes on.  I think by midnight, the winds will be around 10mph.  It's going to be cold, damp, and windy.  If the wind is blowing out, I think that favors the Yankees.  If it's blowing any other direction, I think that favors the Astros. 

The Yankees are so worried about this game. Treating it as a must win. I hope the Astros don’t get comfortable and let up off the gas pedal. 

If they lose this and pitch JV tomorrow and can’t win they are in a bad spot. 

The Yankees are so worried about this game. Treating it as a must win. I hope the Astros don’t get comfortable and let up off the gas pedal. 

If they lose this and pitch JV tomorrow and can’t win they are in a bad spot. 
It essentially is a "must win" because teams rarely come back from a 3-1 deficit.  Which means that all of the pressure is on the Yanks tonight.  I will say, you don't want weather variables in a must win game.  You'd hate to lose because of a funny bounce.

I'm in San Francisco next week.  Hopefully the Astros will be in the WS so I can watch games 1 and 2 with a start time of 5pm.   :lol:

Looks like the wind will be blowing out to right field.  Not sure how the wind blows through the stadium, meaning if it's true to the wind direction or if it swirls.  Hell, some stadiums even block out the wind, so it might not even be as bad as I'm thinking.  Anyone know anything more about Yankee Stadium?

Looks like the wind will be blowing out to right field.  Not sure how the wind blows through the stadium, meaning if it's true to the wind direction or if it swirls.  Hell, some stadiums even block out the wind, so it might not even be as bad as I'm thinking.  Anyone know anything more about Yankee Stadium?
Also worth noting that even though it says winds will be 20mph, gusts could reach up to 40mph.  

Blowing out to rf sounds like a lot of homers could be hit. It’s already fairly easy to hit it out to right  

Of course lower temperature would make the ball fly less. So a bit of an offset. 

No Stanton in Yankees lineup again. 

Moved Hicks to batting third. 

That’s a head scratcher to me. Maybe because he fouled off a bunch of Cole pitches?

Sanchez is just a joke. It's like he doesn't know he doesn't have to swing as hard as he can at Every Single Pitch.  Greinke was wetting himself out there and totally got bailed out

Sanchez is just a joke. It's like he doesn't know he doesn't have to swing as hard as he can at Every Single Pitch.  Greinke was wetting himself out there and totally got bailed out
Meh I'm tired of the Sanchez criticism. He's never gonna hit for average but not many catchers are gonna hit 35 home runs like him too. Not many catchers I'd rather have than him. Just stick him at the bottom of the lineup and hope he pops one. 

I can't take it. People whining about everything. Isn't it just slightly possible the Astros have a great pitching staff?
I think Greinke is definitely a step below. I think NY will do some damage tonight before it’s done. Great job limiting that inning to just 3. 

Meh I'm tired of the Sanchez criticism. He's never gonna hit for average but not many catchers are gonna hit 35 home runs like him too. Not many catchers I'd rather have than him. Just stick him at the bottom of the lineup and hope he pops one. 
I just dont think this swing as hard you can crap works in the playoffs against good pitching.

He's up there flailing like 2004 soriano. Bases loaded against a pitcher that was teetering. How about turning your swing down from 10 to 8 and maybe putting the ball in play?

That's it. 

That 2-0 pitch to Judge that just got called a ball was officially the worst called pitch that ever occurred. 

Users who are viewing this thread