Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheIronSheik

2019 MLB Off Season - Cy Young Awards Tonight

1 minute ago, NREC34 said:

Supposed to be an announcement at noon according to WFAN. 

They also had a discussion earlier and everyone agreed that yesterday’s game was not epic. 😂

There's always a chance that it doesn't rain as bad or there's a dry slot, but with a nor'easter, we're talking a good soaking rain for hours.  I saw that most models are projecting 2+ inches of rain for the NYC area.  I just can't see MLB trying to play through this.  I expect this game to be cancelled.

33 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

I'm sure those tickets in DC are going to be astronomical. 

They'll be super crazy if it's the Yankees.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

There's always a chance that it doesn't rain as bad or there's a dry slot, but with a nor'easter, we're talking a good soaking rain for hours.  I saw that most models are projecting 2+ inches of rain for the NYC area.  I just can't see MLB trying to play through this.  I expect this game to be cancelled.

That storm is massive.  :jawdrop:

Just now, ChiefD said:

That storm is massive.  :jawdrop:

Yeah, if this was December, it would be a blizzard.  Just came in a little too early.  But this is the type of setup that will drop feet of snow over the mid Atlantic and New England.  The low bombs out off the coast and just intensifies to a huge storm.

Astros announce Greinke game 4 and Verlander game 5. 

Game 6 if necessary will be a bullpen game

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

Game 4 officially postponed 

Was there ever a doubt when I said it would be rained out two days ago? :bowtie:

19 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Was there ever a doubt when I said it would be rained out two days ago? :bowtie:

They should have started the game at 10 this morning.

With the Nats going to the WS, that leaves just one MLB team to have never appeared there.  And given their current roster, they ain't getting there any time soon.  Epitome of ineptitude.  

1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

LOOK AT ME I'M A WEATHER GURU

2 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

LOOK AT ME I'M A WEATHER GURU

Damn skippy.

I read somewhere that if the Astros play the Nats in the World Series, we can't say who will win but we know who the loser will be:  The Detroit Tigers :lol:

1 minute ago, TheIronSheik said:

I read somewhere that if the Astros play the Nats in the World Series, we can't say who will win but we know who the loser will be:  The Detroit Tigers :lol:

How Dave Dombrowski continues to find jobs is amazing to me.  He destroyed the Tigers and they aren't even remotely close to anything approximating a rebuild.  

5 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I can't imagine going to a playoff game in the opposing teams stadium.  If your team loses, you'll be ridiculed relentlessly.  And if they win, I'd be afraid of angry drunks looking to exact some revenge.  Lose-lose.

Some are worse than others but if you go (especially in NY or Boston), just don't wear any team merchandise.  I wore an Astros hat at Yankee Stadium (2017 ALCS)  knowing the #### storm it would cause.   I took some solace because the seats were good and that I could take the hat off at anytime.   If you're in the bleachers,  you don't have much value for your life.  After the first few innings and the struggle just to wait out the concession line, I never left my seat and I sure as hell took it off after the game on the subway ride home.  

In Houston, the fans are pretty friendly and non confrontational.  You'll get some gentle teasing or the occasional drunk talking smack but that's about it.  I'd think National fans would be somewhere in between Houston and Boston.   You'll be fine Sheik.  

• Like 1

Why do people still cry about stealing signs?
Don't like the opposition seeing your signals? Do a better job of concealing it. These dummies are crying like pitches are top secret information.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, General Malaise said:

With the Nats going to the WS, that leaves just one MLB team to have never appeared there.  And given their current roster, they ain't getting there any time soon.  Epitome of ineptitude.  

Have faith, GM.  It can happen. The Astros are proof of that.  The "DisAstros" weren't that long ago.

So the High Wind Warning for The Bronx expires at 6pm.  That gives a good 2 hours between the worst wind and gametime.  I'm not very knowledgeable to how the wind blows through Yankee Stadium, but the beginning of the game will see winds around 20mph with gusts near 30mph.  And that will drop as the game goes on.  I think by midnight, the winds will be around 10mph.  It's going to be cold, damp, and windy.  If the wind is blowing out, I think that favors the Yankees.  If it's blowing any other direction, I think that favors the Astros. 

The Yankees are so worried about this game. Treating it as a must win. I hope the Astros don’t get comfortable and let up off the gas pedal. 

If they lose this and pitch JV tomorrow and can’t win they are in a bad spot. 

3 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

The Yankees are so worried about this game. Treating it as a must win. I hope the Astros don’t get comfortable and let up off the gas pedal. 

If they lose this and pitch JV tomorrow and can’t win they are in a bad spot. 

It essentially is a "must win" because teams rarely come back from a 3-1 deficit.  Which means that all of the pressure is on the Yanks tonight.  I will say, you don't want weather variables in a must win game.  You'd hate to lose because of a funny bounce.

It’s going to be pretty cold too I heard. Probably helps NY. 

It’s going to be pretty cold too I heard. Probably helps NY. 

It's going to be freezing.  I don't think that favors anyone because it hasn't been this cold up here all year.  So this will be a shock to everyone tonight.

5 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

It's going to be freezing.  I don't think that favors anyone because it hasn't been this cold up here all year.  So this will be a shock to everyone tonight.

I think it favors the under. 

I'm in San Francisco next week.  Hopefully the Astros will be in the WS so I can watch games 1 and 2 with a start time of 5pm.  :lol:

Looks like the wind will be blowing out to right field.  Not sure how the wind blows through the stadium, meaning if it's true to the wind direction or if it swirls.  Hell, some stadiums even block out the wind, so it might not even be as bad as I'm thinking.  Anyone know anything more about Yankee Stadium?

6 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Looks like the wind will be blowing out to right field.  Not sure how the wind blows through the stadium, meaning if it's true to the wind direction or if it swirls.  Hell, some stadiums even block out the wind, so it might not even be as bad as I'm thinking.  Anyone know anything more about Yankee Stadium?

Also worth noting that even though it says winds will be 20mph, gusts could reach up to 40mph.  

Blowing out to rf sounds like a lot of homers could be hit. It’s already fairly easy to hit it out to right  

Of course lower temperature would make the ball fly less. So a bit of an offset. 

14 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Blowing out to rf sounds like a lot of homers could be hit. It’s already fairly easy to hit it out to right  

Of course lower temperature would make the ball fly less. So a bit of an offset. 

And they are using different balls, not as juiced, no?

4 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Sure seems like it.

4 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Supposedly they are. 

Aaron Boone acted oblivious though yesterday when they interviewed him on WFAN. 

No Stanton in Yankees lineup again. 

Moved Hicks to batting third. 

That’s a head scratcher to me. Maybe because he fouled off a bunch of Cole pitches?

The wind is going to make things interesting tonight

Good start for NY

Greinke wild and they couldn’t catch a pop up but it could have been worse. 

Sanchez is just a joke. It's like he doesn't know he doesn't have to swing as hard as he can at Every Single Pitch.  Greinke was wetting himself out there and totally got bailed out

113 107 104

exit velocity of 3 HOU outs

they will get to this guy

15 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Sanchez is just a joke. It's like he doesn't know he doesn't have to swing as hard as he can at Every Single Pitch.  Greinke was wetting himself out there and totally got bailed out

Meh I'm tired of the Sanchez criticism. He's never gonna hit for average but not many catchers are gonna hit 35 home runs like him too. Not many catchers I'd rather have than him. Just stick him at the bottom of the lineup and hope he pops one. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

113 107 104

exit velocity of 3 HOU outs

they will get to this guy

Good post dude

I blame Francesa. He's been on Tanaka nut sack all playoffs. 

Just now, shadyridr said:

I blame Francesa. He's been on Tanaka nut sack all playoffs. 

I can’t wait to listen to WFAN all day again tomorrow if Houston wins

I can’t wait to listen to WFAN all day again tomorrow if Houston wins

I can't take it. People whining about everything. Isn't it just slightly possible the Astros have a great pitching staff?

2 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

I can't take it. People whining about everything. Isn't it just slightly possible the Astros have a great pitching staff?

I think Greinke is definitely a step below. I think NY will do some damage tonight before it’s done. Great job limiting that inning to just 3. 

44 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Meh I'm tired of the Sanchez criticism. He's never gonna hit for average but not many catchers are gonna hit 35 home runs like him too. Not many catchers I'd rather have than him. Just stick him at the bottom of the lineup and hope he pops one. 

I just dont think this swing as hard you can crap works in the playoffs against good pitching.

He's up there flailing like 2004 soriano. Bases loaded against a pitcher that was teetering. How about turning your swing down from 10 to 8 and maybe putting the ball in play?

That's it. 

That 2-0 pitch to Judge that just got called a ball was officially the worst called pitch that ever occurred. 

18 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Greinke has settled down and looks very relaxed.

Well that couldn’t last 

1 minute ago, RUSF18 said:

That's it. 

That 2-0 pitch to Judge that just got called a ball was officially the worst called pitch that ever occurred. 

Yep. Are there still guys arguing against electronic strike zone?

2 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

That's it. 

That was dreadful