What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (7 Viewers)

Geez. Finding something unusual in a person's background and making fun of them for it was Fan Behavior 101 for decades. Have we gone so soft that this is "offensive" now?
I mean making fun of a guy for having to hustle to make ends meet while he was being underpaid in the minors is pretty lame, yea. Especially considering 95% of their fan base is probably in the same financial position. 

Geez. Finding something unusual in a person's background and making fun of them for it was Fan Behavior 101 for decades. Have we gone so soft that this is "offensive" now?
Dissing on a major league pitcher for previously having to supplement his income by driving for Uber is tacky and lacks class.  But it doesn't outrage me.  I just find it curious that people with that sort of disposable money would lack that sort of decorum.  

However, if you think those of us bothered by the fan who heckled Zack Greinke for having social anxiety disorder are "soft", well, we're just not going to agree there.  I'm not sure if that's part of your "wussificstion of 'merica" theme you're demonstrating above or not, but if you are, I find that mindset to be repulsive. 

shadyridr said:
I saw DJ play a few times when he was in HS.   When you see a 16-17 year old kid with a sweet swing it is still hard to picture him years later playing in a championship series on TV.   

Dissing on a major league pitcher for previously having to supplement his income by driving for Uber is tacky and lacks class.  But it doesn't outrage me.  I just find it curious that people with that sort of disposable money would lack that sort of decorum.  

However, if you think those of us bothered by the fan who heckled Zack Greinke for having social anxiety disorder are "soft", well, we're just not going to agree there.  I'm not sure if that's part of your "wussificstion of 'merica" theme you're demonstrating above or not, but if you are, I find that mindset to be repulsive. 
Those are two completely different situations and were treated appropriately. In one case, the ##### were kicked out of the stadium. In the other, nothing happened because nothing should have happened.

I had to miss the game last night. Had it set up to work my second job Monday and Friday but the rain out screwed me. Gonna probably watch the first inning on the dvr and maybe be done with it. Seemed like it was a pitchers duel after that...

I think the Astros are starting Urquidy today but I haven’t seen who NY is planning to go with. If they pull this out they have momentum going into to game 7 but facing Cole. I hope the Astros can end this thing tonight. 

I had to miss the game last night. Had it set up to work my second job Monday and Friday but the rain out screwed me. Gonna probably watch the first inning on the dvr and maybe be done with it. Seemed like it was a pitchers duel after that...

I think the Astros are starting Urquidy today but I haven’t seen who NY is planning to go with. If they pull this out they have momentum going into to game 7 but facing Cole. I hope the Astros can end this thing tonight. 
Im guessing the yankees are going with Green as an opener and then either Happ or Loisiga.

Those are two completely different situations and were treated appropriately. In one case, the ##### were kicked out of the stadium. In the other, nothing happened because nothing should have happened.
One is good natured ribbing. The other is disgusting. 

They keep saying this is a bullpen game for Houston on WFAN. 

Brad Peacock has started 84 times in 8 years. If he’s throwing well he won’t be pulled after a couple of innings I wouldn’t think. So we shall see. 

This guy NY is starting is more a straight up reliever. 

They keep saying this is a bullpen game for Houston on WFAN. 

Brad Peacock has started 84 times in 8 years. If he’s throwing well he won’t be pulled after a couple of innings I wouldn’t think. So we shall see. 

This guy NY is starting is more a straight up reliever. 

Different definitions of bullpen? One meaning a reliever to start, the other meaning a quick hook and many pitchers used.

When the Yankees lose this, they’ll go back and kick themselves for the inability to get even a single in the clutch. Encarnacion is awful. 

Users who are viewing this thread