What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (4 Viewers)

Meh, I don't mind the Mets not doing anything. As someone who still watches the games, I'm glad they are still looking to be in the hunt. Maybe Wheeler will sign a qualifying offer and stay next season. I like him. #LGM

Meh, I don't mind the Mets not doing anything. As someone who still watches the games, I'm glad they are still looking to be in the hunt. Maybe Wheeler will sign a qualifying offer and stay next season. I like him. #LGM
4th place and 5 games back of the wild card at the end of August isn't really in the hunt, though, is it?

Braves didn’t give up any top prospects for Greene.  Unreal it was kieboom or nothing. 
Yeah, I have to wonder if the TIgers price came down once the market collapsed due to all of the other moves.  Maybe Nats should have found way to jump back in, but I'm not sure if luxury tax would come into play then.

I don't they are the evil redheaded step child of NY. Trust me I use to post on the ole Phillies MLB.com board and during the Mets somewhat successful seasons we had Met fans running their mouths for months. 
Fans of a team running their mouth? This must be a rare as a unicorn 

Giants get Scooter Gennett

SIGNIFICANT
Good news for Josh VanMeter believers. 
PTBNL for the Reds, apparently.  Scooter has been fun to watch the last couple of years, but I'm glad they cashed in to some extent before he walks.  The injury in Spring Training probably really hurt the return.

VanMeter has looked good so far and he's a local kid (for me; went to same HS as my stepson)

“In exchange for three significant bullpen upgrades -- Shane Greene, Marc Melancon and Chris Martin -- the Braves parted ways with just three of their top 30 prospects -- Joey Wentz (No. 7) Kolby Allard (No. 10), Tristan Beck (No. 17)”

####### Cashman. 3rd year in a row of him passing on ace pitchers. What a joke
Yeah, I’ve been a fan forever but the starters are garbage right now and not looking like they’ll be better. Can’t count on Severino. Our only hope is to outhit other teams, which we can do. We need to hope Boston doesn’t sneak in as a wildcard. If we hit meh, they’ve got too much offense for our rotation. Even in London, we won by outhitting them not with pitching.

That said, the Astros just made themselves a playoff nightmare. Verlander, Cole and Greinke in a 5/7 game series? We’ve got no answers.

4th place and 5 games back of the wild card at the end of August isn't really in the hunt, though, is it?
The Mets are too "good" to blow things up, which I think was compounded by being able to get a very solid starter in Stroman who will help next year as well for a light package. If Syndergaard was about to be a FA, of course you deal him but you can't sell on an asset like that, with so much future control, unless you're blown away with an offer. 

Obviously they could have moved Wheeler but for all the talk about things getting heated for him, it's funny I never heard a single name that was rumored to come back for him. So maybe the offers got better...but if the return went from a C- to a C+, how much better is that then getting a pick for him if he signs elsewhere? Or if he takes the QO and hopes to cash in next year, you're maybe getting a better return for him next year as a pending FA again especially if he looks more like last year's version.

For as much as I rip on them, there's a lot of talent on the roster, and if the bullpen can ever get back to just being average, there's really no reason they can't grab a WC spot.

Now, grabbing a pen arm today might've helped with that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Fans of a team running their mouth? This must be a rare as a unicorn 
Nope it goes way deeper then running their mouth They use to spam the board with the same topics nightly the board became unbearable to even post in as they would even troll our threads. It was a mess. The most entertaining troll was a SN with the name JonJitbag who's famous ending of a post was always "Eat your Cheesesteak Ya Fat Slobs". He was a character. We had a few other good trolls too. The issue was it wasn't friendly rivalry banner from a lot it was hateful and personal attacks. Going to the Phillies games against the mets was a nightmare. The Met fans were always causing fights. Not sure if anyone remember the fight where the Mets fan is walking back and fourth at the bottom of the section at CBP and talking #### to fans and tells everyone they are a ##### like duck duck goose. This guy was bombed and said some pretty hateful things to the one guy and his daughter. Dude got decked before security got there. I'm not enabling this behavior but I didn't feel sorry for the met fan here at all. He brought it all on himself. I was a section over from this and people were giving him friendly banter. Dude took it over the top. Heres the video. There was like 4 separate fights this dude got into but the best is him vs the 12 security people in blue trying to get him out of there. Some very random Orioles fan I forgot was even in this was the first sent out the stadium which was funny

300 Sec Phillies vs Mets fan fight and one lonely orioles fan

This was what It was like at almost every game involving the two teams. If there wasn't a bench clearing on the field you got a nice show in the stands because some two idiots on either side would be fighting each other. Now I'm not defending the Phillies fans either but my old board no one ever trolled the mets board and if it was found out someone did they got called out on our board for it. 

With the hard deadline, I expected a little more activity. So now there's no way a player can change teams?

Nope it goes way deeper then running their mouth They use to spam the board with the same topics nightly the board became unbearable to even post in as they would even troll our threads. It was a mess. The most entertaining troll was a SN with the name JonJitbag who's famous ending of a post was always "Eat your Cheesesteak Ya Fat Slobs". He was a character. We had a few other good trolls too. The issue was it wasn't friendly rivalry banner from a lot it was hateful and personal attacks. Going to the Phillies games against the mets was a nightmare. The Met fans were always causing fights. Not sure if anyone remember the fight where the Mets fan is walking back and fourth at the bottom of the section at CBP and talking #### to fans and tells everyone they are a ##### like duck duck goose. This guy was bombed and said some pretty hateful things to the one guy and his daughter. Dude got decked before security got there. I'm not enabling this behavior but I didn't feel sorry for the met fan here at all. He brought it all on himself. I was a section over from this and people were giving him friendly banter. Dude took it over the top. Heres the video. There was like 4 separate fights this dude got into but the best is him vs the 12 security people in blue trying to get him out of there. Some very random Orioles fan I forgot was even in this was the first sent out the stadium which was funny

300 Sec Phillies vs Mets fan fight and one lonely orioles fan

This was what It was like at almost every game involving the two teams. If there wasn't a bench clearing on the field you got a nice show in the stands because some two idiots on either side would be fighting each other. Now I'm not defending the Phillies fans either but my old board no one ever trolled the mets board and if it was found out someone did they got called out on our board for it. 
I think you have a very 1 side diluted vision of things if you are calling out fans of any other team, as a philly fan.

Do we still have the pot/kettle emoji here or is that too insensitive nowadays?

I think you have a very 1 side diluted vision of things if you are calling out fans of any other team, as a philly fan.

Do we still have the pot/kettle emoji here or is that too insensitive nowadays?
I'm not standing on a high horse here. Also I think the Philly stuff most of it is outdated or people don't know the context of what happened. For example the Irvine incident. I was at the game we cheered the initial hit but once we realized he was serious hurt the stadium got quite. What we booed at was what the cameras didn't pick up (Cellphones and footage invented would've been nice here for context) was Deion Sanders not paying attention and seeing if his buddy is ok being Typical Prime Time lets put some attention on me doing a little dance in the general area the cameras didn't pick up. Of Corse the commentators just went with the whole we're bad people. I won't sit here and say we are angels but 

Two White Sox Fans attacked a coach on the field

49ers and Raiders are banned from having preseason games thanks to the gang fight several years ago in SF during a preseason game 2 people shot outside stadium and one man beaten unconscious inside

In LA atDodger games people get stabbed (Had security tell friends of mine at the Phillies/Dodgers playoffs games put their Phillies gear in these bags security handed them and go straight to your cab or car and get the hell out of there as fast as possible)

In Dallas a Cowboys fan shot a Pats fan in the parking lot with other Dallas fans egging him on to execute the guy 

Malace at the Palace fans throwing stuff at Artest 

Steve Bartman received death threats from fellow Cubs fans

Boston fans chanting the N word at Adam Jones multiple other athletes accusing hearing racist chants at games while playing in Boston

Not gonna sit here and claim we are angles but the whole Philly fans are the worst is old and tiresome especially when the same 3 incidents keep getting Brough up yearly. Our whole issue as fans about the whole thing is other incidents don't receive the coverage we get constantly. That 49ers/Raiders brawl was maybe brought up for a week and gone. Some how some way if this was an Eagles/Giants brawl the Eagles fans would've been blamed and 24/7 coverage for 3 weeks. My point is don't sit there and act theres not as bad if not worst incidents that haven't happened. If you've asked anyone on the old MLB Phillies board how Ive gone about my respective fans bad behavior they'd say I'm the one calling it out. I call it the WIP Angelo Cataldi fan effect. Idiots who feel the need to defend our reputation for being a hard city to play it by acting like idiots. 

Obviously a trade doesn't win you a championship.  Just like a free agent signing in the offseason doesn't.

But I have to say I applaud the Astros for making an actual effort to win the WS the past couple of years.  There is nothing more I hate in sports than teams who stockpile prospects and draft picks and won't part with them to better the current team.  

It's tough to win a World Series, but I think it's safe to say that the Astros definitely helped their odds with their moves they made yesterday at the deadline.

I'm not standing on a high horse here. Also I think the Philly stuff most of it is outdated or people don't know the context of what happened. For example the Irvine incident. I was at the game we cheered the initial hit but once we realized he was serious hurt the stadium got quite. What we booed at was what the cameras didn't pick up (Cellphones and footage invented would've been nice here for context) was Deion Sanders not paying attention and seeing if his buddy is ok being Typical Prime Time lets put some attention on me doing a little dance in the general area the cameras didn't pick up. Of Corse the commentators just went with the whole we're bad people. I won't sit here and say we are angels but 

Two White Sox Fans attacked a coach on the field

49ers and Raiders are banned from having preseason games thanks to the gang fight several years ago in SF during a preseason game 2 people shot outside stadium and one man beaten unconscious inside

In LA atDodger games people get stabbed (Had security tell friends of mine at the Phillies/Dodgers playoffs games put their Phillies gear in these bags security handed them and go straight to your cab or car and get the hell out of there as fast as possible)

In Dallas a Cowboys fan shot a Pats fan in the parking lot with other Dallas fans egging him on to execute the guy 

Malace at the Palace fans throwing stuff at Artest 

Steve Bartman received death threats from fellow Cubs fans

Boston fans chanting the N word at Adam Jones multiple other athletes accusing hearing racist chants at games while playing in Boston

Not gonna sit here and claim we are angles but the whole Philly fans are the worst is old and tiresome especially when the same 3 incidents keep getting Brough up yearly. Our whole issue as fans about the whole thing is other incidents don't receive the coverage we get constantly. That 49ers/Raiders brawl was maybe brought up for a week and gone. Some how some way if this was an Eagles/Giants brawl the Eagles fans would've been blamed and 24/7 coverage for 3 weeks. My point is don't sit there and act theres not as bad if not worst incidents that haven't happened. If you've asked anyone on the old MLB Phillies board how Ive gone about my respective fans bad behavior they'd say I'm the one calling it out. I call it the WIP Angelo Cataldi fan effect. Idiots who feel the need to defend our reputation for being a hard city to play it by acting like idiots. 
Phily fans aren't the worst. They're all the same in my point.

Users who are viewing this thread