What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (7 Viewers)

Marlins trade SP Zac Gallen to Arizona.  Did not see that one coming.

ETA:  For SS prospect Jazz Chisholm.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news, Nats just scored 2 in the bottom of the 9th to send it to extra innings against the Braves.

60 minutes remaining...

Watching the last hour and having a severe line of storms roll through right now.  It's like someone got chocolate in my peanut butter.

Less than 40 minutes remaining and it sounds like the Mets are content on keeping both Wheeler and Noah.  That seems strange to me.  Of course, so does SF keeping MadBum.

Yankees officially out of Wheeler running.  Although, I doubt they were ever truly in.  I can't see the Mets trading to the Yankees to help them win a WS.

Was hoping Mike Leake got moved to Brewers.  He has good numbers and Mariners were willing to eat a big chunk of his salary.

Braves grab Melancon too. No word on return. 
I assume the Giants will be paying the lion's share of Melancon $14M 2020 salary. 

Sorry things didn't work out here but I'm glad he's gone.  The big sunk cost forced him into a higher leverage role than the results justified.

Mark Melancon to Braves per Buster Olney 

Braves get John Ryan Murphy from D'Backs for the all import CASH considerations according to The Athletic 

He's not a terrible player should help with depth and is a SIGNIFICANT UPGRADE over Nick Williams 
No jab at him.  I was making fun of how they reported the significant trade coming out of SF when everyone was waiting to hear about MadBum or Smith.  And it turned out to be this small trade.  

5 minutes.  Of course, there can still be reports of signings for about 10 to 15 minutes after the deadline.  But usually if it's big, we'd at least get an idea something might be in the wings.

I'll go ahead and say it now:  If the Astros don't get someone before the deadline, they will have made a huge mistake.  And there is no second chance like two years ago when Verlander saved us.

No jab at him.  I was making fun of how they reported the significant trade coming out of SF when everyone was waiting to hear about MadBum or Smith.  And it turned out to be this small trade.  
It was significant if you've been watching Joe Panik flail away all season.

It was significant if you've been watching Joe Panik flail away all season.
Not trying to diminish that trade.  But when everyone in baseball was waiting to hear what the Giants would do with MadBum and Smith, it was ridiculous for a sportswriter to tweet that a trade between the Brewers and Giants was in the works and it was SIGNIFICANT.  :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread