What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 MLB Spring Training (7 Viewers)

Why do we never see Greinke in the dugout? I know he’s an introvert, but does he even hang out with the team? I remember when they won the ALCS, I didn’t see him on the field celebrating either. 

Should have scored on that double. 
Initially I thought he'd score but he hesitated to make sure it got past the infield.  Didn't see a replay showing where he was when soto got to the ball but it looked like he knew he wasn't going to be sent. Strasburg made altuve look like  a rookie.

Initially I thought he'd score but he hesitated to make sure it got past the infield.  Didn't see a replay showing where he was when soto got to the ball but it looked like he knew he wasn't going to be sent. Strasburg made altuve look like  a rookie.
Yep.  I'd thought they'd pan to him rounding third during the throw, but then saw the replay holdup.  Tough break. 

Big break for the Stros.  Looked to have adjusted his base path prior to reaching the base but I'll take it. 

Because the ####### bag is inside the line.  
Horrible call. As you said the base is inside the line. As a right handed batter you start inside the line. He ran a straight line and veered towards the bag. Was he supposed to move over and then start running? BS call.

As the announcers said, this could be a series changing call. 2nd and 3rd with no outs and instead the runner goes back to 1st and batter is out? How does the runner not even get 2nd base?

In running the last half of the distance from home base to first base, while the ball is being fielded to first base, he runs outside (to the right of) the three-foot line, or inside (to the left of) the foul line, and in the umpire's judgment in so doing interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base, in which case the ball is dead; except that he may run outside (to the right of) the three foot line or inside (to the left of) the foul line to avoid a fielder attempting to field a batted ball; Rule 6.05(k) Comment: The lines marking the three-foot lane are a part of that lane and a batter- runner is required to have both feet within the three-foot lane or on the lines marking the lane. The batter-runner is permitted to exit the three-foot lane by means of a step, stride, reach or slide in the immediate vicinity of first base for the sole purpose of touching first base.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Wow, who did the Astros pay to win the World Series. How can you call him out when he literally ran at first base based on where he started. Awful, awful call. Between MLB and NFL, the impact these umps and refs has is huge.

ETA: Awesome Karma right there. Should be 6-2, but without the delay maybe the HR doesn't happen. I'll take the 2 run HR any day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread